Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Professions and Majors

Started by tomthom, February 23, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmaline

I worked in games, tv and film as a digital artist and art director for over a decade and often demo software at trade shows, I also teach compositing, 3d modelling and video game design among other things.

I am thinking of becoming a film director next.

Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

emmyiskindacool

I have no job right now. But I did get a BA in Sociology at the University of Minnesota. I suppose that's at least something (i don't always think so though).
  •  

Julie1957

I have a PhD in Mathematics - pure math as in no application for anything.  I work as a software developer, mostly embedded systems stuff.
I always wanted to be someone.  Now I am someone.  It just isn't me.
  •  

shadowcat

Got a degree in Linguistics, but I work as a Web Developer (and a sci fi / fantasy novelist on the side).  Sort of related, I guess?
  •  

Madeline

I am an attorney.  Building my own practice one day at a time.  It's really a lot more fun post transition.  I feel re-energized and starting fresh.  It's awesome to go to court and do all the things I used to do, but now as a girl!  I had my first trial (paternity action) as a woman on June 21st and it was wonderful!  Everyone from the judge to opposing counsel were very accepting and didn't miss a beat referring to me by correct name and gender.  All of my clients have been wonderfully supportive as well.  Now I just need a few more.  Lol!  As anyone who is self employed knows, the toughest part of being self employed is keeping new business coming in the door while running the business at the same time.   ;)

Being a girl totally rocks! 

Full time for 6 weeks now!
  •  

how-audrey

I graduated with a degree that concentrates in video production/editing a little over a year ago. I had disappointment after disappointment while trying to find work in my field over the past year, until finally I was offered a position doing exactly what I was aiming for and the exact type of company atmosphere. I'll be starting in August after they build their new studio.
  •  

Rin

I'm an Ancient History (I had to learn Ancient Greek and Latin for it too) and English/Creative Writing double major and Theatre / Art History double minor (Currently out of school because Financial Aide mucked my account up -.-) I originally came in to my University as a Three Language Major (French, Italian, and Japanese).

Right now, I work as a Student Police Aide (it's like security but part-time and with no benefits) and a Catering Shift Supervisor.

•