Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are you striving for a curvy body?

Started by Elsa.G, March 05, 2013, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elsa.G

I had a conversation with my cousin last night and she brought up weight loss, well as she has lost weight her body shape has been more prominent and it's looking like she is a hourglass shes got the curvy hips and thighs, curved in waist and large breasts- i kinda envy her shape to be honest but to my surprise she said "i dont like being curvy" and proceeded to tell me that she would rather be just slim i was like whaaaatttt? it's a shock but she told me she has come to associate fat with curvy, which we all know is not the same thing- her self esteem is just down, there have been envious females that have called her fat and believe me she isn't fat, just truly curvy. I think curvy bodies have been the symbol of feminine attractiveness and i cant believe some people think they are a bad thing. So what is your opinion on that? do you want the curvy look or are u just content with passing?
  •  

muuu

•  

Shodan

I have a curvy body already. It kind of curves outward in the middle.  >:(

•  

AllieM

I like a curvy body myself. And if I could, I would totally want to have the curves.

As it is I am a stick. My legs are very skinny, and i have practically no hips.. I am shaped like a V.

I guess people just tend to want the shapes they don't have :)
  •  

DirtyFox

I am thin and not really curvy. I don't really want to be hip curvy, I'd much rather like to have a female athletic body. And boobs.
Watching the birds made me feel like taking a journey. The people, the landscapes, everything was imperfect but beautiful.
  •  

Dahlia

I used to be underweight and stick thin for decades, even on hormones.

People asking me whether I was ok, or bluntly if I were ill...men joking about my being skinny and poking their fingers between my ribs or people making 'jokes' like 'heeeyyyy skinny!'

My bones were showing, a gaunt face but you can get away with that when you're young (MTF) because your skin 'adapts'.
Slowly I gained weight over the last 10 years and  nowadays I happen to have a curvy figure, a teensy tiny bit full figured and a heartshaped face and natural breasts.

Nice, soft curves, soft to the touch, soft to look at.

And I'm very, very pleased about that.

Soft and curvy is feminine.

Had I remained skinny as I used to be...then my overall skin had gone sagging when growing older by means of 'nothing to fill it'.

Not a good example but Iggy Pop comes to mind ;-)
  •  

Emily Aster

Quote from: Shodan on March 05, 2013, 02:44:53 PM
I have a curvy body already. It kind of curves outward in the middle.  >:(

Mine too. If people viewed me as female, they'd all be congratulating me on my pregnancy.
  •  

A

I'd want to be curvy, and thin. Basically, I don't care all that much about the amount of fat (as long as I'm not overweight), as long as the body's silhouette is female. But if I could have that no matter what, like a large proportion of girls, then of course I'd prefer to be thin. Feeling light and looking good, that's a pretty awesome thing.
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

Shodan

Yeah. I shaved my chest and tummy hair for the first time the other night, and all it did was to illustrate exactly how fat I am. The good news is that now that I understand myself better, and now that I've come out, I have a more vested interest in taking care of my body, so I plan on starting a regular work out regimen.

Just as soon as I finish off some of these fudge covered oreos.  :-\

•  

tomthom

Quote from: DirtyFox on March 06, 2013, 01:58:20 AM
I am thin and not really curvy. I don't really want to be hip curvy, I'd much rather like to have a female athletic body. And boobs.

This. It makes Cosplay wayyyyy easier ;)
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Jayne

So long as I pass I don't really care what my body shape is, i'd like to lose the pot belly but it's not a deal breaker
  •  

Sara Thomas

I am an absolute board... more like a dowel-rod, actually...

I'm courting the idea of a 35,000 calorie-a-day diet.  ^-^
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Elspeth

Quote from: Elsa.G on March 05, 2013, 01:25:47 PM
it's a shock but she told me she has come to associate fat with curvy, which we all know is not the same thing- her self esteem is just down, there have been envious females that have called her fat and believe me she isn't fat, just truly curvy.

Welcome to the insanity of body image. I've noticed in magazines and other sources that "curvy" has gone from meaning curvy, to a euphemism for anything from mildly zaftig, to BBW.  Not sure there's an answer for this, apart from learning to love your body whatever its "faults" might be.
"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."
- Sonmi-451 in Cloud Atlas
  •  

A

Yeah... Nowadays, with the "it's okay to be fat" trend, people have been using "it's okay, I like curvy girls" a lot to comfort fatter women, and as a result, now, it's mostly fallen in the same category as "person of colour".
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

sandy.girl

I would rather be curvy...  and I am to a degree.  When I started hrt I had a 30 inch waist and 42 inch hips already.  I was always made fun of for walking like a girl and couldn't help it.  It is my natural body shape.  The sad thing is I did a lot of working out in college to hide who I was.  My shoulders ended up getting larger.  I would love it if I could go back and have my skinny arms again and my big hips again but such is life...  I also tend to agree curvy is often associated with being fat.  I think if you are in proportion it doesn't matter how big you are.

If you are getting a stomach however then there is something different going on.  I would think maybe toxins in the body.  Personally I am going to go try i lipo this week.  Along with that I am going to take some probotics as well.  I think all the medication really messes up your body and you end up storing fat in all the wrong places when it gets toxic.
  •  

muuu

•  

Veronica

For one I think curvy is just to generalized of a term but is most often associated with saying or complimenting "politely" that women who are "heavy" have curves. It can go the other way though and be a sexual compliment for those who have amazing bodies. So again I just think it can be to general or contextual. Think of how people use big instead of "ripped" to describe men. Ripped is strictly muscular while big can mean: muscular or just plain "big."

Anyways,

Personally I wish I had an hourglass or pear shape (yeah they are considered a curvy type of body) but they don't have the negative implication of +weight, they just mean body shape.

I spend a good five minutes of my day standing in-front of my body mirror with hopes for one day.  I'm 6'1" 165lbs (maybe lighter, it's been awhile, and I've been eating alot less due to stress and depression) and just plain (w/o breast forms, and I'm not on HRT yet)  I'm 36/32/39, 39/32/39 w/bf's, but with boney hips and my ribs jut out on the sides... alot. I just recently bought a training corset (I can't wait for it to come in!) which should reduce my waist to a 28, and hopefully my bulging ribs..... -.-

I know I could gain a few pounds, I've tried and failed miserably. And if I did gain lbs I wish I could "will" it into specific areas, like my hips and thighs.... Wouldn't that be nice? D:

Anyways, I'm not trying to brag about my features or seem shallow (I can see how someone would think this), if I come across this way, I'm sorry, it's just my personal feelings about my body, and how people use words to falsify meaning.

Quote from: Shodan on March 06, 2013, 01:58:20 PM
Yeah. I shaved my chest and tummy hair for the first time the other night, and all it did was to illustrate exactly how fat I am. The good news is that now that I understand myself better, and now that I've come out, I have a more vested interest in taking care of my body, so I plan on starting a regular work out regimen.

Just as soon as I finish off some of these fudge covered oreos.  :-\

You can do it! I mean both the cookies and the weight loss ;)

<3 Veronica
  •  

tomthom

also, some belly curve is normal. don't worry too much.

back to being curvy or slim though, I'm mainly just hoping for slim because that's where my body type already is, so best not to get my hopes too high for becoming an hourglass.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Cassandra Hyacinth

I've always had one. Well, since fairly early childhood, anyway...
My Skype name is twisted_strings.

If you need someone to talk to, and would like to add me as a contact, send me a contact request on Skype, plus a PM on here telling me your Skype name.  :)
  •  

Angela???

At 6 foot tall and 185 pound (84kg) I am slim for a person of my age.

I would love to have an hourglass figure!! This is my fav female shape.

This I do achive by using my steel bone corsit. But I still want to loss more weight to make my waist smaller.
I'm a girl, I always knew!
Now it's time to stop hidding and show the world who I really am!
  •