Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misschievous

I hope after I get mine done, and it has time to heal, my voice sounds like Aaliyah. ©©©
:icon_lips:

"Hands and Feet are all Alike, but Fear still Divides Us."

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

misschievous

I know it is a pipe dream but I LOVE her voice  ;)

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

barbie

Hi, Jenny,

It's nice that your surgery went so well and stayed in Seoul without any problem.

I just returned from Saint Petersburg yesterday afternoon. A little bit tired from jet lags.
There were so many beautiful women in Russia, and I nearly gave up catching them.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: barbie on May 27, 2013, 03:34:44 AM
Hi, Jenny,

It's nice that your surgery went so well and stayed in Seoul without any problem.

I just returned from Saint Petersburg yesterday afternoon. A little bit tired from jet lags.
There were so many beautiful women in Russia, and I nearly gave up catching them.

Barbie~~

That's exactly how I felt in Seoul at times! Haha.

It can be quite discouraging. A lot of days I just stuck to looking like a tourist.

----

Alright a voice update!

Sometimes my throat is kind of filled with phlegm and it won't sound good at all (I got sick as soon as I got home and I'm like 1 day until fully recovered from sickies). But when there's not crap in my throat it sounds a lot better.

I'm feeling better about the way it sounds in my own head. I mean today alone my brain has been adjusting to it a ton. It's quite a big change from where I was. (fundamental frequency change of 75hz).

I think my voice is going to end up pretty high if I am already up so much so early on. Judging by what Dr. Kim told me, he didn't expect me to be in the female range (up 60hz) until 1 or 2 months post op and 75hz up until after a year...  But I am already 75hz up just 2 weeks later. No complaints, though. Maybe it was the 4 liters of water I was drinking every day during my first week of recovery :P I think I did a pretty kick-butt job at following his instructions to a T so I guess that could have helped too.

I did another sound recording today because I was actually allowed to start saying a few words. Now that I am a little bit more cozy with the way it sounds/feels, I think I was naturally paying attention to resonance a little bit more. Let me know what you think... Can you hear a difference from the first one?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0b1ChY5eugg
  •  

Darkie

Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Cosi555

Your voice sounds amazingly feminine. Congrats on such a successful op :)
  •  

Jennygirl

Thankyouthankyouthankyou Darkie & Nikki!! :D :D

Right now it only sounds like this when I am very very quiet, because I still have another 5.5 weeks or so left until I'm all the way done recovering. Today trying to say words to people it was kinda hard to get enough volume and have it sound like it does in the recording. But, that will get better in the next couple of weeks and then WAY better by July. For the most part, I'm still keeping pretty quiet for now and typing in my phone to communicate with people. I really don't want to push the volume, I want it to heal perfectly :)

Thanks again for your comments! I'm feeling great about the surgery!
  •  

kyh

Oh my gosh Jenny! >_< Your voice is already perfect! After it's done healing it's going to be godly! Your surgeon deserves a gold medal! And you deserve a high five for being such a good patient!  ;D
  •  

Kate_H

•  

Shantel

Totally, totally 100% female Jennygirl, you did it, kudos!
  •  

Jennygirl

Thank you everyone!!!

Hopefully this thread is helpful to other people looking at having this surgery! In some respects I felt kind of like a guinea pig. There is not that much detailed information about it online right now- especially when it comes to the recovery. It will be interesting to see when it really starts to get better volume wise. I'll let you know!

I'm going to keep updating as I recover :)

Thanks again for all the wonderfully uplifting comments about my voice.
  •  

kyh

Quote from: Jennygirl on May 29, 2013, 12:51:02 PM
Thank you everyone!!!

Hopefully this thread is helpful to other people looking at having this surgery! In some respects I felt kind of like a guinea pig. There is not that much detailed information about it online right now- especially when it comes to the recovery. It will be interesting to see when it really starts to get better volume wise. I'll let you know!

I'm going to keep updating as I recover :)

Thanks again for all the wonderfully uplifting comments about my voice.

The very first recording you posted after your surgery sounded kind of falsetto and unnatural to me, but the most recent one is pure female.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: kyh on May 29, 2013, 01:10:32 PM
The very first recording you posted after your surgery sounded kind of falsetto and unnatural to me, but the most recent one is pure female.

Well good then I wasn't the only one to notice a difference too :)

The biggest difference in feel for me was resonance. With the first one, I was concentrating too much to just keep the pitch steady. At the time it felt very foreign overall to be making such a high noise. With the most recent recording, I am a bit more used to the pitch- which allowed me to relax and apply what I have learned with feminine voice training which I started in January.

I think it's VERY important to note that like any other voice modification surgery, it still requires fem voice training on top of the changes that any surgery will give you. Resonance is huge, and I'd already been comfortable with it for a couple of months before the operation. So while I agree that Dr. Kim is indeed incredible, it still requires a good deal of effort on the patient's part to sound all the way female. Make sense?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: girl you look fierce on May 29, 2013, 02:06:33 PM
That is what I thought too... HUGE difference, but can't wait to hear a more final result! :)

Me too! Jenny can you read the Gettysberg address for us so that we can bask in the lilt and tone of your new voice? Oh btw, you need to contact the surgeon and tell him that you'll be expecting a bird dog commission on every girl from Susan's who shows up as a result of your great PR job.
  •  

kyh

Makes total sense Jenny! Of course, pitch isn't everything, resonance is also important. So since you already had the resonance down, you were the perfect candidate for this procedure! I think hahaha  :laugh:
  •  

misschievous

That was a big difference from the first one.  :) I can't wait  to hear it when your fully healed :)

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jennygirl on May 28, 2013, 10:12:55 PM

I did another sound recording today because I was actually allowed to start saying a few words. Now that I am a little bit more cozy with the way it sounds/feels, I think I was naturally paying attention to resonance a little bit more. Let me know what you think... Can you hear a difference from the first one?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0b1ChY5eugg

Jenny,

Not only just female, but it's actually beautiful. Perfect!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Shantel on May 29, 2013, 02:12:35 PM
Me too! Jenny can you read the Gettysberg address for us so that we can bask in the lilt and tone of your new voice? Oh btw, you need to contact the surgeon and tell him that you'll be expecting a bird dog commission on every girl from Susan's who shows up as a result of your great PR job.

Haha that is a GREAT idea. But no, just helping other trans ladies will be enough :)

Thanks for the input everyone. I feel like I'm going to notice a difference day by day. Even today just one day later I noticed a change. But right now I'm only allowed to say 15-20 words MAX in one day. On the 12th of June, though, I can start actually using it all day in conversation. That's a HUGE milestone I have been looking forward to since the day of the procedure.

Now, if this darned cough would go away. I got sick right when I got home (sinus to throat to chest) and I'm allllmost done with it completely. I can't help but cough some of this crap up- I'm just being as gentle as humanly possible. Not supposed to cough or clear the throat for 3 weeks post op. I made it to 2 before I had to do any serious coughing. If I screwed anything up, I would know- it would hurt and my voice would sound different. All is good so far and no pain whatsoever. Just like... comee onnnn really I have to be dealing with cold stuff right now? I guess everyone got sick last week though so what was I gonna do...
  •  

misschievous

I'm Sorry to hear your still sick. You should try Sinus Soother Tea. That does wanders for me. There was a really bad chest cold going around, and I got it. I drank a few cups and by the time the second cup was done , I felt alot better and the cough was gone. Overnight the symptoms would come back, But I would do the same thing the next day. Boil water about 3 "coffee cups" seems coffee cups are more like pints.... 1 bag Spearmint tea and 2 bags Sinus Soother Tea cover and let it steep for at least 10 minutes

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •