Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ltl89

I'm glad everything has worked out so well for you.  I must admit my earlier concerns on the surgery seem to be misplaced.  You sound great!  If I ever get the money and my voice continues to not improve at all, I may have to give this a shot. However, finding the money for it is a whole other thing.
  •  

misschievous

Quote from: Jennygirl on June 07, 2013, 05:03:32 PM
Well it's not going to be fully recovered on that day, but recovered enough to have full conversation at will. Right now I'm keeping it to one word responses for the most part (using a lot of hand gestures) and occasionally saying a sentence here and there.

It won't be until July 10th that I am fully 100% recovered enough to yell and sing. But I've only 3 days left of limited conversation :)

In July we will be expecting a song from you :) lol
:icon_lips:

"Hands and Feet are all Alike, but Fear still Divides Us."

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: learningtolive on June 07, 2013, 05:50:30 PM
I'm glad everything has worked out so well for you.  I must admit my earlier concerns on the surgery seem to be misplaced.  You sound great!  If I ever get the money and my voice continues to not improve at all, I may have to give this a shot. However, finding the money for it is a whole other thing.

Aw thank you for saying that :D And I am sure you were not alone in your presumptions.

It is rather expensive, but definitely worth every penny, too.

Quote from: misschievous on June 07, 2013, 06:06:39 PM
In July we will be expecting a song from you :) lol

Don't worry! I'll do some kind of singing thing once I get it back.. it's way too early to tell if my singing voice is going to sound good enough when I hit 2 months though. My guess is I will have to be doing my vocal program (which extends range and increases voice quality) for several months before singing really has any chance of sounding nice. But that's just an assumption! I can always hope it sounds amazing immediately :) So far I have been pleasantly surprised.

The comfortable range of my voice continues to climb as I learn my new "sweet spot". It's likely that the sweet spot itself is changing as the cords heal and re-tension.

Average pitch for test recordings today was around 230hz. It definitely looks like I'm going to end up way above the planned mark of 215hz. Getting really good reactions from people in real life, too. Everyone says that my voice sounds very natural, despite being a little hoarse / breathy at any volume over a 2ft voice.
  •  

misschievous

Ok Jenny, we can wait on your singing   ::) :P I am really happy for you, that you are having such great success with your voice. :)

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

Jennygirl

Today was the first time I could really talk as much as I wanted to. I've been slowly working up to this point, and my volume is coming back more and more now. I'm no longer having to get SO close to people for them to be able to hear me over background noise and my voice is becoming a lot clearer and way less breathy sounding. So, that is awesome! :)

I am finally experiencing a whole new aspect to transition that I have always been so jealous of other trans women. Unlike most girls who were able to start using their practiced voices around friends and in public, I just could not do it as hard as I tried.

Now, though, it's feeling so natural that I simply just get excited when it's time to use my voice. And out it comes. Life is great, even if I have to be kinda quiet about it ;)

Also, I submitted a voice sample to Yeson reading the same passage as I did during my pre-op. They might be uploading it to their youtube account as an example of 1 month post op voice results. I told Jessie I would be honored!
  •  

Antonia J

Congratulations. Happy for you! Thanks for sharing your journey :)
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Antonia J on June 12, 2013, 06:04:06 AM
Congratulations. Happy for you! Thanks for sharing your journey :)

Thanks Antonia :D :D :D

It's my pleasure, I'm glad you appreciate it!

Hopefully I'll be posting a link to a before / after voice sample from Yeson here shortly! Fingers crossed :)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jennygirl on June 12, 2013, 05:52:59 AM

I am finally experiencing a whole new aspect to transition that I have always been so jealous of other trans women. Unlike most girls who were able to start using their practiced voices around friends and in public, I just could not do it as hard as I tried.

Now, though, it's feeling so natural that I simply just get excited when it's time to use my voice. And out it comes. Life is great, even if I have to be kinda quiet about it ;)

We are all so pleased for you Jenny! Freddie Mercury "Queen" sang "We are the champions my friend!" You can sing it now Jennygirl!
  •  

Susan T

Quote from: Jennygirl on June 12, 2013, 06:08:10 AM
Thanks Antonia :D :D :D

It's my pleasure, I'm glad you appreciate it!

Hopefully I'll be posting a link to a before / after voice sample from Yeson here shortly! Fingers crossed :)

looking forward to hearing it.

MANDY GG

•  

ZoeM

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing your results, Jenny. With the voice over and done with, you've pretty much passed into the promised land of passing. And it's a wonderful place.

I'm currently practicing to hit 230hz in standard speech (where my base is 215-220) -
So I think I know what you're experiencing as far as the actual sounds are concerned. I'm also curious how your voice sounds in recording (say, web-recording software) - I really hope the oddities in my own recordings are just recording issues. If everyone sounds that way it's be really encouraging.

I'm kind of curious - is this entirely new territory for you? Can you even access the old lower pitch range?
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

Ltl89

Quote from: Jennygirl on June 12, 2013, 05:52:59 AM
Today was the first time I could really talk as much as I wanted to. I've been slowly working up to this point, and my volume is coming back more and more now. I'm no longer having to get SO close to people for them to be able to hear me over background noise and my voice is becoming a lot clearer and way less breathy sounding. So, that is awesome! :)

Also, I submitted a voice sample to Yeson reading the same passage as I did during my pre-op. They might be uploading it to their youtube account as an example of 1 month post op voice results. I told Jessie I would be honored!

That's great news.  I can't wait to hear it. :)
  •  

misschievous

Happy to hear you have your voice back 24/7 now :) And I can't wait to hear your voice :)

"Cry Freedom"
                                                                       DMB
  •  

Jennygirl

Spent nearly the whole day with MaidofOrleans (which was fabulous might I add!!), and not once did my voice give out.

It certainly got a little dry at times, but it is getting soooo much stronger. I am a very happy Jenny.

Here is the recording I submitted to Yeson yesterday. If/when they give me the before clip from my pre-op reading the same passage, I'll post that too ;)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0eWbR5XtmHH

What do you think??
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

AusBelle

Quote from: Jennygirl on June 13, 2013, 01:05:06 AM

What do you think??

Sounds great.  Nice and feminine.  You should be pleased  :)
  •  

barbie

Spent nearly the whole day with MaidofOrleans (which was fabulous might I add!!), and not once did my voice give out.

It certainly got a little dry at times, but it is getting soooo much stronger. I am a very happy Jenny.

Here is the recording I submitted to Yeson yesterday. If/when they give me the before clip from my pre-op reading the same passage, I'll post that too ;)

What do you think??

Yes. 120% female voice!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jamie D

What do you think??

Outstanding Jenny!

•  

Jennygirl

Is it acceptable to reach for the ceiling and say "Yesssss!!" when reading these comments of approval?! Because I can't help but not! Lol!

Thank you everyone :D :D :D

You've made a happy Jenny even happier!

Apparently Yeson will have the pre/post op before/after posted by next week if you are curious to hear what my voice sounded like before.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Jamie D on June 13, 2013, 03:18:22 AM
Outstanding Jenny!

Lol... thanks for the voice note Jamie :)
  •