Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smile_jma

I hate getting stared at by guys. I know it comes with the territory, but feels weird and vulnerable.

•  

Jennygirl

C5 at volume!!!! C#5 quietly = new personal record :D :D

Yes, you could say I am excited.
  •  

smile_jma

•  

abbyt89

Quote from: Jennygirl on July 23, 2013, 10:10:23 PM
C5 at volume!!!! C#5 quietly = new personal record :D :D

Yes, you could say I am excited.

Wow that's improving like everyday!! Did they say when you can expect to see the full results from the surgery?
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: abbyt89 on July 23, 2013, 10:59:21 PM
Wow that's improving like everyday!! Did they say when you can expect to see the full results from the surgery?

They said it would be 6 months before full volume and 12 months before the final result

I am enjoying the improvement. There's a difference in my speaking voice too- not just the highest note. I feel a little more free to be expressive upwards. I still feel a little limited in absolute range, but it is getting better. C5 is nowhere near amazing to me. Regular males can sometimes get volume all the way up to A6.

•  

barbie

Jenny,

I think your voice is perfect now.

Last week, I met a teenage girl from the U.S. She was so matured, tall and beautiful. But her voice was so low, making me suspect whether she is m2f. Not. My little daughter also has very low voice, but cute anyway. Usually tall women tend to have lower voice. Compared with these women, your voice is high-pitched, and nobody will suspect anything.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: barbie on July 24, 2013, 06:03:37 AM
Jenny,

I think your voice is perfect now.

Last week, I met a teenage girl from the U.S. She was so matured, tall and beautiful. But her voice was so low, making me suspect whether she is m2f. Not. My little daughter also has very low voice, but cute anyway. Usually tall women tend to have lower voice. Compared with these women, your voice is high-pitched, and nobody will suspect anything.

barbie~~

Awww thank you barbie :)

I know at some point I will stop worrying about it, but the limited upper range really does have an effect during normal conversation. I am curious to see if that is something everyone who has this surgery goes through or if it can be related to my own personal voice.

Like I said though, it is already getting better and my upper range is getting higher than it was pre-op. I just passed that threshold- here's to hoping I can blow it out of the water.

Also, my speaking voice is a little bit lower than when I read passages. Soon I'm going to do a 2 month video interview and you will see what I mean. When I read the rainbow passage I consistently get 213hz effortlessly. During normal conversation, I am at around an average of 205hz with occasional dips down to 195hz.

I guess I shouldn't even worry about it, I've noticed the same about taller women with deeper voices.
  •  

Nicolette

Jenny, do you know which frequency is the point where you break into falsetto? And your C5, is that using your chest or head voice?
  •  

Jennygirl

Nicolette- if I had to guess it would be around F4 not warmed up... Not too much different from my pre op voice.

When I am warmed up, it's almost like falsetto disappears completely. It's kinda cool

Also, I did my two month interview video for Yeson.. I hope you enjoy my youtube debut! Let me know what you think of the video :)

•  

Heather

Jenny you sound amazing! Wow that's some voice you got now congrats.  :)
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Heather on July 25, 2013, 11:54:24 PM
Jenny you sound amazing! Wow that's some voice you got now congrats.  :)

It's weird I've never put a video of myself online like that... so it's a little scary!

Thanks Heather! :D
  •  

ocean

Hi Abbyt89,

I am planing to yeson clinic on this year on December, want to be pair up, sharing accomadation?Pls let me know. thanks
  •  

MaidofOrleans

Wow J-girl you're voice is sounding amaaaazing. Super jelly as always  ;)
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: MaidofOrleans on July 26, 2013, 01:38:59 AM
Wow J-girl you're voice is sounding amaaaazing. Super jelly as always  ;)

Thanks, Maid! :D

In other news, this morning I woke up to a quite wonderful email (to say the least) from Yeson.

Apparently they loved the video, and to show their appreciation they are sending me 20% of my surgery cost back! I can't believe it! Never in a million years did I expect this to happen. I can already tell- today's gonna be a good day!!
  •  

Rowan Rue

holly WOW! that's awesome Jenny!  You totally deserve it.  You'll be incredibly valuable for their marketing.  You convinced me!
Speaking or which, roll on october/november and I will be Korea bound :)

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

jfong

That is awesome Jenny. You sounds so good and made me think about Yeson in the future, even though some people say that my regular voice is high enough.. but I don't feel that it's there yet.  You sounded even better than some regular cis people that I know.
  •  

Carrie Liz

Quote from: Jennygirl on July 25, 2013, 10:47:28 PM
Also, I did my two month interview video for Yeson.. I hope you enjoy my youtube debut! Let me know what you think of the video :)

FANTASTIC!!!

Amazing results, and you just look so happy!

I'm so glad this worked out so well for you! (And I'm getting more and more convinced that I'm going to want to pursue this in the future. That prospect of speaking with a female voice completely 100% naturally, of not having to worry about pitch control and whether you pass or not anymore... wow... that must be so amazing!)

So happy for you! Congrats! :D
  •  

abbyt89

Jenny you sound amazing and you look so happy!! And that's awesome of Yeson to refund you 20%! You totally deserve it, you alone got at least three other girls to set a date. :)

Quote from: ocean on July 26, 2013, 12:56:50 AM
Hi Abbyt89,

I am planing to yeson clinic on this year on December, want to be pair up, sharing accomadation?Pls let me know. thanks

Unfortunately (well, actually, fortunately for me :p) I moved my surgery date up to August so I'm leaving in a few short weeks. Sorry!!
  •  

bullwinklle

Jennygirl's voice:

Well...maybe those should be coming out of the ears, but whatever. This whole thread has been awesome, Jennygirl.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: abbyt89 on July 26, 2013, 03:44:02 PM
Unfortunately (well, actually, fortunately for me :p) I moved my surgery date up to August so I'm leaving in a few short weeks. Sorry!!

Abby,

You may need to purchase a pre-paid transportation card at any convenience store or any automatic machine like:

Please refer to the following site: http://visitkorea.or.kr/ena/TR/TR_EN_5_4.jsp

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •