Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anjaq

Jenny, I envy you a bit I must say. I was way too scared ( and probably not without reason ) to have a voice surgery that early in transition - it would have helped me a bunch I can imagine. Instead I followed the advice of everyone to not do that and tried without and now thats where it has lead me - 15 years later I still have voice problems, passing problems as a result and self confidence problems.

At least I made a first step today and got an appointment at the voice clinig here who will do an assessment of my voice. They told me it takes 3 hours, so I guess they will do a thorough checkup and see if I damaged my voice in some way or if there are any secondary reasons it sounds bad other than testosterone poisoning. And then I most likely will get a recipe for voice training first which means I get to pay only a small fee in addition to insurance money and get 6 or 10 training sessions and maybe a repeat of that later. I am nervous about trying to talk to them about voice surgery though. They may not be in favour of that but they are more qualified to tell me if it makes sense for me or not than other transpeople who seem to be scared >-bleeped-< of VFS mostly. I also requested some information from the VFS surgeon in Berlin, but got no reply yet. With the state of my voice now I think VFS would be a mistake as I would probably loose too much vocal range and still sound not so great because of the roughness in my voice (maybe wrong resonance too). I really want to have a clear and clean voice as yours Jenny :D

So I dont know what will happen - I am trying to set up this coverstory there of having frequent throat infections (which is not even a lie) and then maybe tell something about having polyps or cycts removed from the vocal cords and explain my changes with that if I have any changes with training or surgery. I dont know if it is believable.

Quote from: SarahR on October 17, 2013, 10:52:36 AM
anjaq - I'm running through those same questions regarding everyone hearing a difference in the voice and essentially likely "coming out" to everyone who I'm currently not out to.
Have you thought of some strategy as to how to explain this? You are doing this VFS rather late as well IIRC - like 5 years after transition or so? i dont remember, sorry. Will you make up a coverstory?

QuoteAfter the surgery it will [hopefully] be solidly female. On one hand it'll be great since I won't have anymore hesitation around them, but on the other hand they'll likely suspect something.
Well I gues sif you got all the other things under control, it will be. But yeah its a paradox. Like with me, I would really want to get my voice in order to not be throught of as trans by coworkers and students - but maybe doing such a change would cause exactly that... bugs me...

QuoteIt sucks that I have to consciously think before I ever say a single word, and when I do talk I'm always thinking of how I sound and whether I need to make adjustments. It takes so much effort and concentration just to do that, that I don't engage in the situation itself.

That's the only reason I'm doing this surgery, to allow me to engage in life 100% and to stop engaging in myself.
That sounds perfect. Do you think it will be like that? If so this is seriously great stuff. My worry is that because it only changes pitch and nothing else, I would after this still have to consciously think about stuff when speaking and make adjustments. Especially resonance but also the other stuff like inflection. Someone sent me in chat a recording of a 130 Hz voice with good resonance control and I had a hard time to gender it male because of the frequency as the resonance seemed so clearly female. And I think to keep that controlled also takes a conscious effort, does it not? What are you doing right now - probably already resonance control and then trying pitch as well? With me it is so depending on who I am with and in what situation if I have 130 Hz, 150Hz or even 190Hz on average and what my bandwisth at that moment is. Around friends it is lower (more relaxed), in a bar it is higher (as thats the only way others can understand me at all in the noise)

I mean if that surgery could assure me that I would never have to worry about my voice again, I would be extremely tempted, but again everyone says that it can only solve pitch and that is like 30% of the deal.

QuoteAlways hearing a guy (or at least a "fake" female voice) has made it so hard to completely let go of my past and fully let myself out. I can't even imagine how much having a passable female voice, without any effort, will change my life.
Yes to that. I feel always weird "doing my voice" even though it really is second nature now to me and I cannot do my "male voice" without large effort. It still sounds and feels to me like it is a voice I dont really identify with, it sounds rather androgynous to me and others unless maybe I put more effort into it in which case it sounds more "fake". I focus so much on speaking that it bugs me as it is just always a reminder of my trans-ness and i cannot just let it go.

So I hope this is true and with this step you really can just stop worrying or thinking at all about the voice. It seems that initially you have to do even more self-watching and training and all that than before. Some people claim that this sort of voice training that you do post op in this case are the more important part as in them you basically let the other stuff that makes voice sound female sink into your memory.

•  

sarahb

Quote from: anjaq on October 17, 2013, 06:09:46 PM
Have you thought of some strategy as to how to explain this? You are doing this VFS rather late as well IIRC - like 5 years after transition or so? i dont remember, sorry. Will you make up a coverstory?

Yeah, I first came out to myself around late '05 and went full-time on December 15th, 2007, so I've been on this journey for a good 7 or 8 years, full-time for almost 6 years. I actually don't really care if people suspect I'm trans afterward due to my voice being different than before. If they ask I'd likely just say yeah, I'm trans. I had no problem coming out to my bosses when I told them about the surgery. It's actually funny now that I say that since in my mind there have been two points for me wanting this surgery. The first being that I don't want to be clocked when I talk (which I really don't think happens often). The second reason though, and way more important one, is that I want to feel like it's "me" when I talk. I always focus on the first point though, when really the second point is the more important one for me, since I really don't care if people know I'm trans so long as they treat me with the dignity and respect I give them. Right now when I talk I feel like someone else's voice is saying my words. It's like before when I looked in the mirror and saw someone else looking back. The physical part is over with, I can look in the mirror and I see myself completely. But then out comes this voice that totally breaks the disconnect between my body and my mind.

That sounds perfect. Do you think it will be like that? If so this is seriously great stuff. My worry is that because it only changes pitch and nothing else, I would after this still have to consciously think about stuff when speaking and make adjustments. Especially resonance but also the other stuff like inflection. Someone sent me in chat a recording of a 130 Hz voice with good resonance control and I had a hard time to gender it male because of the frequency as the resonance seemed so clearly female. And I think to keep that controlled also takes a conscious effort, does it not? What are you doing right now - probably already resonance control and then trying pitch as well? With me it is so depending on who I am with and in what situation if I have 130 Hz, 150Hz or even 190Hz on average and what my bandwisth at that moment is. Around friends it is lower (more relaxed), in a bar it is higher (as thats the only way others can understand me at all in the noise)

I really do think it'll be like that. For me, being full-time for as long as I have I've gotten past so many of the barriers that I put up to protect myself. I'm sure you can relate. In those few times where I absolutely forget about thinking about my voice I am truly and completely myself, free, outspoken. I look back at the rest of the times and I can honestly say that the only thing I have any sort of dysphoria with is my voice, and the only thing I think about with regard to transition is my voice. If I can attain a passable voice with no effort, one that I can finally hear as my own, it will be the final piece of the puzzle. I can say that with 100% confidence.

I mean if that surgery could assure me that I would never have to worry about my voice again, I would be extremely tempted, but again everyone says that it can only solve pitch and that is like 30% of the deal.
Yes to that. I feel always weird "doing my voice" even though it really is second nature now to me and I cannot do my "male voice" without large effort. It still sounds and feels to me like it is a voice I dont really identify with, it sounds rather androgynous to me and others unless maybe I put more effort into it in which case it sounds more "fake". I focus so much on speaking that it bugs me as it is just always a reminder of my trans-ness and i cannot just let it go.

So I hope this is true and with this step you really can just stop worrying or thinking at all about the voice. It seems that initially you have to do even more self-watching and training and all that than before. Some people claim that this sort of voice training that you do post op in this case are the more important part as in them you basically let the other stuff that makes voice sound female sink into your memory.

I think I have resonance down pretty well, and I don't really find myself having to think or struggle with resonance. Really it's just the pitch that I have a hard time keeping stable throughout the day. I can have a completely passable voice when I need to, it just never feels real to me since I have to think about it so much, which is the biggest reason why I can't use it all the time. I hate feeling fake and when I talk I feel fake. I know there is some work I'll have to do to get the voice where I want it after surgery. I'm not under this illusion that there will be no work involved. But it'll all be worth it if I can get a passable, and more importantly, natural, voice with such ease as I've heard from Abby and Jenny.

If in the end I don't attain the increase I'm hoping for then I can at least settle my mind down and be content with the fact that I tried. Then I'll be able to move on, no matter the outcome.

All we can do is wait and see I guess. In about 2 months, once I'm more than 1-month post-op and I can talk a little and hear my new voice, I'll make sure and explain in detail exactly how it has changed my life, whether it's for the better or for the worse :) Especially since you and I are both quite far along in our transition it'll be a good barometer to see how the outcome really affects someone in our situation.
  •  

abbyt89

So I did my 2 month interview for Yeson - they're refunding me 20% of my surgery cost too!!! The downside is that there is a video of me on the internet for all of eternity but I doubt anybody is going to randomly come across it.

Let me know what you guys think!
  •  

Megumi

Quote from: abbyt89 on October 17, 2013, 08:10:09 PM
So I did my 2 month interview for Yeson - they're refunding me 20% of my surgery cost too!!! The downside is that there is a video of me on the internet for all of eternity but I doubt anybody is going to randomly come across it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH0ah_sTSOY&feature=youtu.be

You sound great!

•  

Carlita

Quote from: Jennygirl on October 17, 2013, 01:14:41 PM
Thanks Anja and SarahR. It's one thing to feel good about transition to myself, but to hear other people responding to it in such a positive way is something I truly appreciate. Thank you guys :D

Sarah- that is pretty much the exact reason I chose to have this surgery. Even at just 5 months into transition and just starting to pass decently enough visually, I was very much in tune with becoming overly conscious about my voice as the void between those parts of my presentation began to grow. In order to avoid the months or years worth of adjustment and struggle I saw myself needing to acquire a passable voice, I decided to act swiftly and deliberately and go to Yeson in an attempt to avoid it all and have a few added benefits in the process.

I cannot imagine doing it any other way given how comfortable things are now. Whenever I see people who haven't met with me since before my transition, it is a shock for them- but easy for me to forget how different I look/sound compared to a year ago. I think this surgery played a HUGE role (if not the biggest) in allowing me to continue the happy parade without any hiccups whatsoever. Next and final step: SRS!

It's so wonderful - and inspirational - to read such an incredibly positive account of your transition experience. Thank you!
  •  

anjaq

Abby, that sounds really good and natural. I am amazed. You are not sounding as girly as Jenny does, but it matches your type really good. And I think the voice will even improve a little bit from what Jenny described in terms of fullness. Happy for you :D  ;D

Quote from: SarahR on October 17, 2013, 07:12:24 PM...I've been on this journey for a good 7 or 8 years, full-time for almost 6 years. I actually don't really care if people suspect I'm trans afterward due to my voice being different than before. If they ask I'd likely just say yeah, I'm trans. I had no problem coming out to my bosses when I told them about the surgery. It's actually funny now that I say that since in my mind there have been two points for me wanting this surgery. The first being that I don't want to be clocked when I talk (which I really don't think happens often). The second reason though, and way more important one, is that I want to feel like it's "me" when I talk. I always focus on the first point though, when really the second point is the more important one for me, since I really don't care if people know I'm trans so long as they treat me with the dignity and respect I give them.
Right now when I talk I feel like someone else's voice is saying my words. It's like before when I looked in the mirror and saw someone else looking back. The physical part is over with, I can look in the mirror and I see myself completely. But then out comes this voice that totally breaks the disconnect between my body and my mind.
That is a healthy attitude and I guess I should work on getting back to that. I kind of lost it some years ago, since no one did actually ask me about being trans and I did not feel the need to come out about it to anyone. But honestly the insecurity about if people know or suspect and the dread of the moment they may ask is not nice, it is hard for me to decide if I shlud admit or not - if I do to one person, it will travel of course. Strangely enough while no one asked me openly, I was misgendered a couple of times and that was totall at odds with my other experiences.
And I totally get what you are saying there about it feeling like someones elses voice. I mean probably everyone feels that way when listening to a recording , but to me even hearing my voice in my head sounds ... odd ... spiced with a few grains of dysphoria. I still also have issues with mirrors though, I need to work on getting that out of my head. My face is sort of ok, but it still is androgynous so it can go both ways depending on my mood :\ Any tips on how you solved that? (Not to be too much offtopic here, maybe via PM)

QuoteI really do think it'll be like that. For me, being full-time for as long as I have I've gotten past so many of the barriers that I put up to protect myself. I'm sure you can relate. In those few times where I absolutely forget about thinking about my voice I am truly and completely myself, free, outspoken. I look back at the rest of the times and I can honestly say that the only thing I have any sort of dysphoria with is my voice, and the only thing I think about with regard to transition is my voice. If I can attain a passable voice with no effort, one that I can finally hear as my own, it will be the final piece of the puzzle. I can say that with 100% confidence.
Sigh - that sounds great. I so hope this will be as you expect it to be and that you can report back with good news (but dont hold back with the bad ones if you have any ;) ) once you are done with this. And oh yes, I put up sooo many barriers and so many of them were gone with transition and SRS, but indeed I still have some. Just situations where I feel awkward and not at odds with myself as if I still have to "pretend" - but this time to "pretend to be female" while I am not - in a physical sense that is - internally this affects me badly because my mind just does not get it why I would have to do that and reacts by thinking at the back of my head that if I have to "pretend to be female", then I must be something else and that is not a good feeling. And these situations circle basically around two main issues - that is voice (like constantly thinking about doing the voice right - and still not getting there) and the other one is face (which basically as a main consequence leads to me nervously brushing my bangs into my face when being around other people). These situations are a reminder of me having that trans past and they bug me. So I think I would give a lot if that would go away, just as you say. If it really comes out to not having to worry about voice anymore at all, its bliss.

And yes - I do have these moments wher eI dont think about the voice and relax and feel all right but as you can guess this also means things drop and it is even tougher to stand that exactly at those good moments I can count on someone making a comment about my voice or misgendering me. Yeah great - at tha tprecise moment when I am open (and vulnerable).

QuoteI think I have resonance down pretty well, and I don't really find myself having to think or struggle with resonance. Really it's just the pitch that I have a hard time keeping stable throughout the day. I can have a completely passable voice when I need to, it just never feels real to me since I have to think about it so much, which is the biggest reason why I can't use it all the time. I hate feeling fake and when I talk I feel fake. I know there is some work I'll have to do to get the voice where I want it after surgery. I'm not under this illusion that there will be no work involved. But it'll all be worth it if I can get a passable, and more importantly, natural, voice with such ease as I've heard from Abby and Jenny.
Ok yoou have an advantage then there as I seem to struggle with that a bit. Maybe its because I try to focus on both at the same time, pitch and resonance - I dont know. I was convinced I had resonance down quite well but my recent analysis does not say that it is good yet, even though my chest resonance is gone, there is something else that is not great. Can you have a head resonance that is male? I dont know. I will ask the people at the voice clinic in 4 weeks if they can tell me something. I definitely will do the voice training first and see if I can at least get there with effort and then think again if that effort is something I have to do always or if it will become "second nature" as some others claim. In any case I just set a $500 monthy savings transfer. In case I decide in favour of Yeson, I can have it in 2 years if I can maintain that cash flow. I will have to reduce other expenses though :\ . Still have not heard much about Berlin. Thats not the best sign. But yeah that "fake" feeling is what bugs me hugely even with my voice now as it is and as it has become "second nature" - it still is just "second" - so I do it automatically but it still feels weird. I cannot really snap out of it though, so I guess if I would go for VFS, I would also have to learn to actually relax more in some ways.

QuoteIf in the end I don't attain the increase I'm hoping for then I can at least settle my mind down and be content with the fact that I tried. Then I'll be able to move on, no matter the outcome.
Well I think my biggest worries would not be that the increase does not happen, I think that is pretty much certain. More about the side effects like decreased vocal range. In my case thats a biggie and I will have to check with the clinic in 4 weeks and see what my ranges are now and how I could improve them as presently I am pretty much feeling restricted there already. If I would loose much more, I may become monotonous and then fail passing because I cannot do the pitch changes anymore :\ - So I need to get that checked first.

QuoteAll we can do is wait and see I guess. In about 2 months, once I'm more than 1-month post-op and I can talk a little and hear my new voice, I'll make sure and explain in detail exactly how it has changed my life, whether it's for the better or for the worse :) Especially since you and I are both quite far along in our transition it'll be a good barometer to see how the outcome really affects someone in our situation.
Oh thank you , It will read your every word on that because indeed we have at least somewhat similar situations being so far from the beginning of transition.  :)

•  

sarahb

Quote from: abbyt89 on October 17, 2013, 08:10:09 PM

Hmm, the video doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Edit: Interesting, it's working again. Before I was getting a message saying the user removed the video.
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: SarahR on October 18, 2013, 01:41:22 PM
Hmm, the video doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Edit: Interesting, it's working again. Before I was getting a message saying the user removed the video.

Yeah same!

Sounding fantastically feminine, Abby!!! You have a very natural voice, it suits you so well! :D

Where's kathyp? So curious to hear her results, too.
  •  

abbyt89

Thanks guys :)

And yeah I re-uploaded it. I hate how Google forces you to use your full real name now, so I took down the first one and put it up under an alternate account.
  •  

barbie

Abby,

Your voice sounds feminine and natural. Above all,  you look and sound confident.

One interesting point is that both you and Jenny pronounce so accurately that even non-native English speakers like me easily understand your talking.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jennygirl

Ok so I was just doing my vocal exercises on the way home from work, and I made a huge discovery.

I dunno if you remember me talking about the "squeak register" as I was calling it... It is definitely not a squeak anymore. It's becoming my new head voice, I am sure of it.

SO what does that mean?? It means I am now consistently and accurately making a clean sound up to about 1050hz or C6!!! There is still a bit of a dead zone which is rather inaccurate at around 670-700hz where the crossover exists between my normal register and this new one.

Before, it used sound tinny and pinched- but now it's starting to sound very round and clean. I literally almost cried as I tried to sing a C6 with different vowel sounds and it WORKED!

I'm smiling ear to ear right now!!! I was beginning to accept that I might have lost vocal range, but not anymore. I've never been able to make these noises consistently until now. I am so excited I might have to do some jumping jacks!!!

:D :D :D
  •  

Jennygirl

Here is a current comparison of my range pre and post op (all of these are an estimation +/- 1 or 2 wholetones)

Pre-op
Chest bottom end: Eb2 - 78hz
Chest top end: E4 - 330hz
Head bottom end: D4 - 294hz
Head top end: C5 - 523hz

Overall range: just under 3 octaves

Immediately post-op
Chest bottom end: D3 - 147hz
Head bottom end: E4 - 330hz
Head top end: Bb4 - 460hz

Overall range: 1.5 octaves

Currently
Chest top end: A4 - 440hz
?Head? bottom end: E4 - 330hz
?Head? top end: E5 - 660hz
New register bottom end: G5 - 784hz
New register top end: Db6 - 1109hz

* The reason I have ?Head? with question marks is because it seems to blend with the chest voice
  •  

sarahb

Quote from: Jennygirl on October 21, 2013, 10:20:10 PM
Here is a current comparison of my range pre and post op (all of these are an estimation +/- 1 or 2 wholetones)

Pre-op
Chest bottom end: Eb2 - 78hz
Head bottom end: D4 - 294hz
Head top end: C5 - 523hz

Immediately post-op
Head bottom end: E4 - 330hz
Head top end: Bb4 - 460hz

Overall range: 1.5 octaves

Currently
Chest top end: A4 - 440hz
?Head? bottom end: E4 - 330hz
?Head? top end: E5 - 660hz
New register bottom end: G5 - 784hz
New register top end: Db6 - 1109hz

* The reason I have ?Head? with question marks is because it seems to blend with the chest voice

Awesome! Congrats on the new discovery. Those numbers are pretty amazing! How does this play into singing? I know you mentioned you tried to "sing" some vowels, have you tried singing in general and if so what is it like?
  •  

anjaq

That sounds awesome, Jenny! Is that very high register the one that is called "Falsetto"? I think that is usually what makes the extreme high pitches in a voice. Do you actually use chest voice now for regular speaking? I am confused, I was told that using the chest voice would be connected to a deep resonance that no matter the pitch would cause a timbre that may sound male-ish? Maybe you can describe this a bit more, I would be glad to hear. Maybe I will get more info at the voice clinic in 3 weeks and they can tell me about these registers and the voice rehab person can maybe tell me about resonance. I think face to face it may be easier to explain. By then I will have the first $$ on my savings account. I am a bit nervours but also excited that I think no matter how this runs now I have a good chance that I will get some things significantly improved :) - I am starting to have hopes for myself...

•  

Jennygirl

Quote from: SarahR on October 21, 2013, 10:44:08 PM
Awesome! Congrats on the new discovery. Those numbers are pretty amazing! How does this play into singing? I know you mentioned you tried to "sing" some vowels, have you tried singing in general and if so what is it like?

I'm slowly getting somewhere, still way not enough steam in the most central range for female singing voice- specifically around G4 to E5. But it is getting better

Quote from: anjaq on October 22, 2013, 03:20:17 AM
That sounds awesome, Jenny! Is that very high register the one that is called "Falsetto"? I think that is usually what makes the extreme high pitches in a voice. Do you actually use chest voice now for regular speaking? I am confused, I was told that using the chest voice would be connected to a deep resonance that no matter the pitch would cause a timbre that may sound male-ish? Maybe you can describe this a bit more, I would be glad to hear. Maybe I will get more info at the voice clinic in 3 weeks and they can tell me about these registers and the voice rehab person can maybe tell me about resonance. I think face to face it may be easier to explain. By then I will have the first $$ on my savings account. I am a bit nervours but also excited that I think no matter how this runs now I have a good chance that I will get some things significantly improved :) - I am starting to have hopes for myself...

I just always connected chest voice to the part with the most power and requiring the most diaphragm support. Head voice being the opposite and carrying a lighter load on the diaphragm and using less air.

Think of falsetto as a way of using head voice- they actually aren't separate registers. Honestly right now I can't make a falsetto noise to save my life. Not that I would ever want to again anyway! Cis females can also use falsetto, but it is harder for them than males. Hence I take the fact that I no longer have falsetto as a good thing.

Yes I use chest voice for talking. Rarely does anyone use a head speaking voice on the regular.. Sometimes females do when they talk gently- I've noticed it on several occasions. Some use head voice more than others, some not at all. Being that the female head voice is what I'm still hoping to develop, I have to stick to chest voice completely for now. But that seems to be perfectly acceptable. If recovery involves developing a fully accessible female head voice, then this surgery is perfect.
  •  

anjaq

Ok. Thanks Jenny. I am not sure I understand though. I need to talk to the voice rehab people to learn more. And it will be a bit hard then to relate this to your experiences here. I connected chest voice with the voice you do when resonance is in the chest, that means you can feel the lower part of the throat vibrating. If I do that I sound 100% male. Instead I do this stuff that CandiFla and other voice videos suggest and move the voice box up and get the resonce away from the chest and if one does it well it goes into the head and that is what I considered head voice. You said that you do control resonance, otherwise the sound of your voice would not be that nice and clear and beautiful either :) . Do you avoid chest resonance then as I assume? If so what makes the chest voice you are describing now a chest voice?
This is so confusing :\

•  

Jennygirl

It's okay Anja! Just because your resonance changes out of the chest and into the head/nose/face does not make it a head voice.

Voice register (chest or head voice) is a different thing from resonance. They work in tandem. Like I said you want to use your chest voice with a resonance that brings the sound up towards your head. Using a head voice to speak usually sounds like falsetto.

When you change your resonance, you are changing the size/length of your vocal tract which makes the voice sound bigger or smaller.

When you change voice registers, your vocal cords vibrate in an entirely different way and use different parts of the muscle.

Hopefully that sheds some light?
  •  

anjaq

Yes in a way it makes sense, though I am not sure I exactly know my voice well enough for that. Maybe I just always do both?
What I found is that if I manage to get resonance to where it is better, I automatically increase pitch as well, which kind of makes me wonder if maybe with training to get resonance right, my pitch will just be fine at the same time. Fine meaning 170-180 Hz F0. Or if I have to disconnect pitch and resonance because this is actually what causes me problems with my voice and leads to the problems I have with projection/loudness, missing intonation when I go too high in pitch/low in resonance and most of all the strain that may be a cause of me having throat roughness almost permanently now. I guess I am just really in need for that voice checkup in 3 weeks ;)

•  

abbyt89

Hey guys here's an update on where my voice is at. I just finished my second week of exercises.

A pretty big increase over one week. I think that part of it is due to the fact that I'm regularly exercising my voice, but also part of it is probably due to me being more aware the pitch. So while the exercises are me speaking normally without focusing on the pitch, I think subconsciously I might be a little bit. So I don't expect to maintain this sort of increase over the course of my recovery, but I'm happy with where things are headed. :)

Edit: Oh and an interesting thing about my voice: as expected, the averages for the speaking exercises (rainbow, "natural, counting, harvard sentences) are higher in the evening than in the morning by a few hz. But the other exercises that focus on a maximum pitch (the glides and the cooldown) are significantly higher in the morning than they are in the evening. This is really surprising to me since I figured my voice would be much more relaxed and warmed up by the time I did my evening exercises. I'm curious if you've noticed  the same thing Jenny.
  •  

Jennygirl

Everything is usually higher for me in the evening, especially the warm up exercises so I'm slightly different.

Looks like you've made some great improvements Abby :) can't wait to hear another sample after a little while!
  •