Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teslagirl

Hi everyone. I have a question about Yeson. I've been doing my research with the few people I can find who have been to Yeson and are older, and generally their results are nowhere near as good as Jenny's and other younger women. I'm older but perhaps unusual inasmuch as I have trained my female head voice so that now (after 30 years!) I use it unconsciously. However, I'm still on edge when I sneeze or shout and as for screaming, forget it! I know those male sounds would re-emerge. I'd love to go to Yeson just so that I can relax about all this and some people have said that these 'vegetative' sounds are feminised by the Yeson technique.

I'm wondering if the older Yeson patients I've heard whose results aren't so wonderful are late transitioners who haven't trained their voices prior to surgery. If that's the case, I wonder if I might get a good result anyhow, despite being older?

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks,

Sarah
  •  

Nicolette

I only have instinct based on observations from this forum, plus common sense  :). It seems you have made some good observations yourself regarding results. If your voice already is reasonable then Yeson will not make it worse and there is a good chance that it will be improved in nice, subtle ways. Transitioning later may make it more difficult for voice therapy to have dramatic effects, whilst testosterone will have a propensity to thicken vocal cords yet further. It sounds like these are not your issues.

I understand your concern about re-emerging male sounds. I used to grunt very occasionally whilst I slept! I only knew when my not too pleased boyfriend alerted me to it. The fact that the lower register is still there and can be potentially used can be disconcerting.
  •  

anjaq

Just how old are you talking about? 50ish? I dont know why the results of the older ones should be different - I have not yet seen many videos or heard recordings of women here who are older than maybe late 30ies? Maybe 1 or 2? So I am not sure who you are referring to. I think if you are having a good voice, it should work out fine, although I guess if you have a good trained voice the changes if doing a recording are not as dramatic as you basically get the same voice in general but with some small changes and the elimination of the lower registers that could accidentially be accessed.

•  

GinaS

i was in Seoul 16 aprill this year :)
Yeson Voice senter was so kind and helpfull :)
now am 2,5 month post op, but the Botox its still in place and have alot of voice pracsis on my new voice.
the 1 mounth silence was a hell periode :P i just love to speak and it dident make it esier when not allowed to eat strong food in Korea :)
all in all i miss Seoul alot :D guess going with a friend thats also going to undergo the surgery there :)

i watched your movie Jenny, then i just new where i wanted to go :)
thx and hope you doing well :D
  •  

anjaq

Congrats then GinaS - I hope you are happy with the results? Have you made some recordings or videos like Jenny did? I think it is so awesome that she and some others did all these recordings to take away the fear of this procedure from people watching them :) - If you have done so, maybe you want to upload them - you can do it in a way that doe snot compromise your "stealthyness" ;)

•  

Livvykins

Quote from: anjaq on July 11, 2014, 08:18:10 AM
Congrats then GinaS - I hope you are happy with the results? Have you made some recordings or videos like Jenny did? I think it is so awesome that she and some others did all these recordings to take away the fear of this procedure from people watching them :) - If you have done so, maybe you want to upload them - you can do it in a way that doe snot compromise your "stealthyness" ;)

I was certainly planning to make a video after I've healed a bit more, I'm only a few weeks post op!  Unfortunately I didn't do a before one, but maybe Yeson will let me have the copy of the one they made :)
You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

anjaq

I imagine they will - or if you do their 2 month interview you can have it both on yesons channel on youtube

•  

AshleyL

Quote from: Nicolette on July 10, 2014, 06:38:46 PM
I understand your concern about re-emerging male sounds. I used to grunt very occasionally whilst I slept! I only knew when my not too pleased boyfriend alerted me to it. The fact that the lower register is still there and can be potentially used can be disconcerting.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one who's done this!  The only difference is that in my case I'm a pretty light sleeper and I usually shock myself awake at the deep grunt/moan that comes out of my throat.  This and other involuntary/uncontrollable sounds are the main reason I'm seriously considering this surgery.  Well, that and not having to be in constant control of this aspect of my life every second of every day anymore.  I'm a bad enough control freak as it is :P

Ashley
  •  

Nicolette

Hi Ashley, I think it happened to me also when I was in more of a light sleep than deep one. I'd be resting against my pillow just dozing off when I'd awake myself. My boyfriend would then explain that he heard me make some deep grunting noise. And I'd feel totally ashamed and embarrassed! I find myself, like you, in need of complete control. I haven't dared drink too much when around colleagues and need to be in full control of all my faculties. I suppose some of this anxiety has eased somewhat since becoming post-op. But I'm now focussing more on my voice. And I'm becoming more dissatisfied as I hear more and more Yeson success stories. I'm getting really jealous! So have you booked Yeson, yet?
  •  

Teslagirl

Quote from: anjaq on July 11, 2014, 06:52:09 AM
Just how old are you talking about? 50ish? I dont know why the results of the older ones should be different - I have not yet seen many videos or heard recordings of women here who are older than maybe late 30ies? Maybe 1 or 2? So I am not sure who you are referring to.

You shouldn't assume you've heard every older woman who has been to Yeson. At my request Jessie has put me in touch with older women who have had the surgery but don't want to be out on public media or make Youtube videos. As I've said, I've done my research and the result with older women does not seem to be as good as with younger women, for whatever reason.
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: Teslagirl on July 12, 2014, 08:20:11 AM
You shouldn't assume you've heard every older woman who has been to Yeson. At my request Jessie has put me in touch with older women who have had the surgery but don't want to be out on public media or make Youtube videos. As I've said, I've done my research and the result with older women does not seem to be as good as with younger women, for whatever reason.

To clarify, these are older women who transitioned relatively recently?
  •  

anjaq

Also what age are we talking about there? I am not 20 anymore ;) - what are the downsides that those older women have experienced? More hoarseness or voice damage?

•  

AshleyL

Quote from: Nicolette on July 12, 2014, 07:58:24 AM
Hi Ashley, I think it happened to me also when I was in more of a light sleep than deep one. I'd be resting against my pillow just dozing off when I'd awake myself. My boyfriend would then explain that he heard me make some deep grunting noise. And I'd feel totally ashamed and embarrassed! I find myself, like you, in need of complete control. I haven't dared drink too much when around colleagues and need to be in full control of all my faculties. I suppose some of this anxiety has eased somewhat since becoming post-op. But I'm now focussing more on my voice. And I'm becoming more dissatisfied as I hear more and more Yeson success stories. I'm getting really jealous! So have you booked Yeson, yet?

I actually just booked my appointment for October 16th!  Looking at booking flights now, actually.  I just googled the route from the airport to Sinsa-dong.... 2 hours!  I'll have to figure out how to get into the area because most of the flights I'm looking at are outside the hours for the shuttle service Yeson provides. 

In a way the compulsive need for control has kept me from developing some more mainstream bad habits.... like alcoholism, smoking and pot.  Too much risk of doing something I would later regret!   I'm more leaning towards the line of thinking where I would be satisified with the procedure even if I came out not sounding much different from what my trained voice is like now, but without the lower range underneath it, just to avoid those situations.  I'm so tired of being afraid to laugh out loud when I'm having too much fun because I'm afraid of what sound will come out of my mouth.

Quote from: Teslagirl on July 12, 2014, 08:20:11 AM

I'm interested in this too.  I wasn't sure if Jessie would put me in touch with some of those people.  I am curious as to what age group and their circumstances as well.  I don't think I quite qualify as 'older' yet though, I transitioned in my mid-20s and am only 35 now.  I don't smoke, and only drink occasionally, so I think I should be alright.
  •  

anjaq

QuoteI transitioned in my mid-20s and am only 35 now
I am similar - Early 20ies and 39 now. I don't think I am too old and am still not sure how this should matter. Maybe if the brain has to retrain itself to the new voice and that is harder the older one gets?

•  

Livvykins

Hi ladies!

I just thought I'd put this out there... Some of the preferred hotels that are on the Yeson site are fairly horrific and I've heard really bad things from a few girls.

We stayed here

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3569&language=en_US

It was totally amazing!  Aside from having a metro station in the basement, it's also part of a really great mall that has EVERYTHING that you could possibly want in!  It's got some really great local, Japanese, American (TGI's) restaurants, a couple of Starbucks, a supermarket, hotel deli etc... and some great cosmetic shops (Missha, Etude) In the area just outside, there is a lovely park where couples and friends gather every evening to be romantic or chill out.  It's really lovely :)

The staff were some of the friendliest people that I've ever met, so polite and accommodating!  If you ask them to order you a taxi, not only do they do that but they spend a serious amount of time talking to the driver when he arrives to explain exactly where you want to go. We taxied between the hotel and Yeson (taxi's are seriously cheep), but we could have easily caught the metro... Speaking of which, there is nothing easier than the Korean Metro, it's total genius

Here's a pretty cool, if cheesy promo video

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/videos/index.html?propertyID=3569

Hope this helps :)

Livvy x

•  

Jessray

How much did you pay for your room there? That looks really nice but also really expensive ($200ish USD a night if I'm reading the website right?) I'm currently shopping around for a place to stay while there and that sounds great otherwise.

•  

Livvykins

Quote from: Jessray on July 15, 2014, 09:03:49 AM
How much did you pay for your room there? That looks really nice but also really expensive ($200ish USD a night if I'm reading the website right?) I'm currently shopping around for a place to stay while there and that sounds great otherwise.

Hmm, I'll find out for you... We booked it as a package on Expedia with the flights... I've just done a quick search on Expedia and for two people flying from the UK and staying 10 nights in August at the Sheraton it's pretty much spot on £1500... £750 each and 10 days at such a lovely hotel is a complete bargain!  You'll get it a lot cheaper if you book it with the flights on Expedia than if you go direct to the hotel for room bookings :)

You'll love it there though! :)

•  

AshleyL

I was planning on staying at the Princess hotel because its within walking distance to the voice center.  I don't want to worry about trying to communicate with a taxi driver or something while being unable to talk.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was said about the hotels that was so bad?
  •  

MeganChristine

I stayed at the gangnam artnouveau city II (still here for a few more hours :p), close to Gangnam Station, and from there it was just one change from Line 2 to Line 3 Bundang line to get to Apgujeong Rodeo station, which is a measly 3 - 5 minute walk to Yeson.

I really recommend using the Metro. Hilariously cheap and it gets you everywhere. 1050won per trip if you have the T-card, which you can purchase at any station :) Top it up with a wanted amount and it deducts you 1050 for every trip. Single ride ticket is 1650won. 500won deposit for the single ride ticket it self. Refund machines places besides every ticked machine on each station :) Oh, there is no fee to change to another line at a connecting station :D
  •  

Jessray

Quote from: Livvykins on July 15, 2014, 09:56:53 AM
Hmm, I'll find out for you... We booked it as a package on Expedia with the flights... I've just done a quick search on Expedia and for two people flying from the UK and staying 10 nights in August at the Sheraton it's pretty much spot on £1500... £750 each and 10 days at such a lovely hotel is a complete bargain!  You'll get it a lot cheaper if you book it with the flights on Expedia than if you go direct to the hotel for room bookings :)

You'll love it there though! :)

I unfortunately don't have that option because I've already booked my flight separately some time ago, hehe. Oh well. Hmm.. 1500 GBP for 10 days comes out to 270 CAD a night, and the website quotes me 240-372 a night, so it's in the same ballpark, but eek at the prices. The place looks great though mmm. I'll need to take a peek at the others too, thanks for the recommendations, and have a safe trip back, MeganChristine. :)

I am definitely looking forward to abusing the train system, I don't like being cooped up so hopefully I can get some sightseeing done in the week or so where I'll be able to move around some!

Sorry for somewhat hijacking the thread!
  •