Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wynternight

Quote from: Livvykins on September 20, 2014, 11:20:16 AM
It's for when the Botox wears off after 3-4 months... I'm not sure if I need to start or not yet.  He prescribes 0.5mg to be taken before bed. As you say it's to relax the vocal chord's if they need it. I'm hopeful that I won't need it.

0.5 before bed is reasonable. I take 2mg which is why it hits me so hard but 0.5 is a typical divided dose when it's taken as an anxiolytic. How long does he recommend you use it?
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Jmtl

It's for when the Botox wears off after 3-4 months... I'm not sure if I need to start or not yet.  He prescribes 0.5mg to be taken before bed. As you say it's to relax the vocal chord's if they need it. I'm hopeful that I won't need it.

Hey livvy! I have been taking it for few days now, and it really knocks me out, thats why they told u just to take it before bed time. ☺️ But its been helpful for the voice. My voice starts cracking and the hoarseness.
"Positive Vibes" :angel: :angel: :D :-*
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: Jmtl on September 20, 2014, 09:31:03 PM
Hey livvy! I have been taking it for few days now, and it really knocks me out, thats why they told u just to take it before bed time. ☺️ But its been helpful for the voice. My voice starts cracking and the hoarseness.

thanks Jmtl, that's good to know! :)

So it doesn't seem to affect your mood or make you tired the next day?
You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

Jmtl

Quote from: Livvykins on September 21, 2014, 07:14:35 AM
thanks Jmtl, that's good to know! :)

So it doesn't seem to affect your mood or make you tired the next day?

Well, its been a week today since i started. And i dont feel any changes or tiredness at all, i even read all the side effects of it but i didnt have it yet and hoping will not. and i guess probably because its such a low dosage. But we'll see for the next coming days. Haha i'll let u know. Xoxo
"Positive Vibes" :angel: :angel: :D :-*
  •  

Teslagirl

Hi Livvy. Voices from Yeson all seem to have a remarkable clarity. I'm  wondering if a lot of this is due to the botox, and whether the voice becomes less clear again after the botox wears off and the tablets run out?

Sarah.
  •  

Ali

Quote from: Livvykins on September 20, 2014, 07:52:39 AM
Question... Has anyone started taken the pills that were given to you by Yeson? 

I'm getting the time that I was told to start taking them... I just googled what kind of drug they are, and I'm pretty worried about taking them... Has anyone had any negative effects?  Clonazepam sounds pretty hardcore to me

they are anti-anxiety pills, It is strange why would it be helpful in relaxing vocal muscles.
I was given those for anxiety control, they are powerful and you need to know that they kinda numb you. I would say keep them to the minimum and never drink with them as the effect of alcohol will intensify.

You sound wonderful  :icon_bunch:
  •  

anjaq

Quote from: Teslagirl on September 23, 2014, 05:33:15 PM
Hi Livvy. Voices from Yeson all seem to have a remarkable clarity. I'm  wondering if a lot of this is due to the botox, and whether the voice becomes less clear again after the botox wears off and the tablets run out?

Sarah.
This is what i eorry about as well. Most recordings here were done in the first months wit botox or pills in effect. There are a few who have longer experience in the range of 6 months plus. As i understand it, the voice really gets a bit rougher at that time the botox wears off and then the pills. It probably helps a lot to have a good voice for that time to start with and getting used to that good voice, the voice exercises should then take over as step 3 after botox and pills. At least this is my impression. They all seem to act against tension in different ways and strength

•  

Livvykins

Hey everyone!

Time is going so quickly...

Here's my 3 month post op vid :)

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Livvykins on September 29, 2014, 06:08:46 PM
Hey everyone!

Time is going so quickly...

Here's my 3 month post op vid :)

Olivia,
      You sound sweeter and more feminine than 99% of cis females, I love your accent and could listen to you all day long. You come across as a darling woman!
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: Shantel on September 29, 2014, 07:13:49 PM
Olivia,
      You sound sweeter and more feminine than 99% of cis females, I love your accent and could listen to you all day long. You come across as a darling woman!

AW, you've just made my day Shantel! :) Thank you, that's very kind! x

•  

Mai

hi all,  just finished reading through the whole thread.  i have not been able to start hormones yet (for various reasons)  but ive started to work twords transitioning and working on my voice already.  and this surgery sounds very interesting for when ill be able to afford it.   a few people (jenny in particular)  mentioned singing a few times, which for me as a musician is a major outlet of enjoyment in my life, was wondering if anyone who has had this done might be able to make a video or recording of themselves singing something after having healed enough to do so?  and how long did it take afterwards.

i love singing along with female lines, but i try not to use falsetto.  mmm,  my normal range runs from ~G2 and breaks around E4/F4.   usually sing around or just under C4 quite a few lower pitched female singers i sing along with always have that 1 note in the melody that i just cant hit and i have to sing a harmony note.  normal speech seems to be around mmm, E3/F3 ~170hz.  but id love to be able to have a higher singing voice as well.

and wow, the difference in speaking pitches.  such a massive improvement.  even where your voice sounds feminine before surgery, afterwards, there is no mistaking it imo.
  •  

anjaq

Amy Berlin does sing post op and she did a recording of it, I dont know if anyone else did one.

Also I found this one which is not that great though as she is just barely at the time to be allowed to sing.

•  

divineintervention

I have a question: will you feel like there is some foreign substance or just weird feeling in your throat after the surgery?

Thanks
  •  

Livvykins

Quote from: divineintervention on October 27, 2014, 12:33:25 AM
I have a question: will you feel like there is some foreign substance or just weird feeling in your throat after the surgery?

Thanks

It does occasionally feel like you've got a lump in your throat... that goes though. It's not permanent.

•  

anjaq

Will that get better with time or will this always come and go?

•  

Livvykins

Quote from: anjaq on October 27, 2014, 04:48:37 PM
Will that get better with time or will this always come and go?

Well fingers crossed it won't stay... I think it happens when the Botox wears off... That would be about the right time period for me.

•  

divineintervention

Have you asked others this question? People who have done it in the past? Would you kindly share if so?

Thanks! Think i might just go ahead and make a booking if the side effects are minimal.

•  

voodle

Quote from: Livvykins on October 27, 2014, 04:54:46 PM
Well fingers crossed it won't stay... I think it happens when the Botox wears off... That would be about the right time period for me.

It goes after long enough :)
I do find that phlegm builds up in my throat quite frequently though, to the point where I have to cough some up every day regardless of if I'm ill or not. I wonder if anyone else has this or just me? I think it's quite possible due to the change in how the vocal folds sit and who knows, maybe I'm still using my voice wrong?
  •  

anjaq

Hey voodle. How did things turn out for you. Its a long time now since VFS. Did everything really turn out good in the end and how is the voice now? Effortless and feminine as it should be?

I can imagine that due to the "pocket" under the sutured area, there can be some more phlegm collecting?

•  

Jennygirl

no phlegm and no throat sensation for me, all good after month 6 or so... hard to remember exactly when.

My voice is still improving. Not in pitch or sound quality so much as strength and stamina. I can talk for a lot longer without it feeling fatigued. I noticed just the other day that I don't lose my voice anymore like I used to after a night of heavy talking.
  •