Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessika

I am 47, going on 48 in Jan, 6 ft tall weigh 205 lbs and dropping slowly.
I have a fear of the clotting risks as I am more than likely starting hormones within the next 3 months. I walk about 5 miles a day, not sure if that would help.
My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

Jennygirl

It probably does help, I would check in with your endocrinologist about the long flights though. It's a good idea to hear what they think.

Sorry I can't be more of help, I'm not going to pretend to give you medical advice ;)
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: Jessika on November 02, 2014, 11:38:48 AM
I am 47, going on 48 in Jan, 6 ft tall weigh 205 lbs and dropping slowly.
I have a fear of the clotting risks as I am more than likely starting hormones within the next 3 months. I walk about 5 miles a day, not sure if that would help.

Staying active and walking is the best way to avoid venostasis and the concurrent risk of DVT.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

anjaq

If you are on pills (spiro, androcur, estradiol tablets), I think the risk of DVT is higher than when on patches or gel. So that may be an idea to avoid risks there.

•  

ElleA

I use to do a lot of travelling and when I was doing any long haul flights I would always swap to patches about 3-4 weeks before flying. That was what my endo recommended
  •  

anjaq

I have the conviction that if it is better for flights, why should I return to something more harmful when back ;)

•  

Nicolette

The last time I was on a long flight, I got up and walked about at least every hour. And then whilst sitting, I'd make sure I was exercising my calves. It was the first time that I did not experience swollen feet or ankles. So I recommend being active in flight. But a 5 mile walk in flight may not be viewed in as positive light by other passengers.  :laugh:
  •  

ImagineKate

So I'm seriously mapping this as part of my transition. Voice is a very important part of my plan.

I am diabetic but not that bad (A1C below 7 and controlled). I also may have to on occasion use my voice for 24-48 hours straight, but I realize that I can't do this early on in the healing process. I'm 36 and starting HRT soon.

Does Dr Kim say anything about the above?
  •  

anjaq

Just ask them, write a mail to Jessie ;)

•  

Wynternight

Quote from: ImagineKate on November 03, 2014, 09:08:51 AM
So I'm seriously mapping this as part of my transition. Voice is a very important part of my plan.

I am diabetic but not that bad (A1C below 7 and controlled). I also may have to on occasion use my voice for 24-48 hours straight, but I realize that I can't do this early on in the healing process. I'm 36 and starting HRT soon.

Does Dr Kim say anything about the above?

In general surgeons like your A1C to be below the 6.9 mark because wound healing is slower in poorly-controlled diabetes.

Judging by what everyone here has said you have a month where you can't talk at all and another month where your use must be limited so I believe it's not until month three that you can go back to normal use.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

ImagineKate

Quote from: anjaq on November 03, 2014, 10:12:58 AM
Just ask them, write a mail to Jessie ;)

I did. Got an autoresponse that says she won't be back until November 9.
  •  

ImagineKate

Quote from: Wynternight on November 03, 2014, 10:20:00 AM
In general surgeons like your A1C to be below the 6.9 mark because wound healing is slower in poorly-controlled diabetes.

Judging by what everyone here has said you have a month where you can't talk at all and another month where your use must be limited so I believe it's not until month three that you can go back to normal use.

That's not a problem for me. My A1C is actually in the normal range (around 5) but only because I watch what I eat and exercise. However if I go off overeating and gaining weight it can shoot up to almost 8.0. Now that I'm preparing for transition I'm actually being quite a good girl, eating healthy and my weight is dropping rather quickly so I should be pretty healthy in preparation for everything that I need to do. 

I basically want to time it so I'm not taking part in any ham radio activities for at least a couple of months, but I can send morse code anyway without my voice. :)
  •  

ElleA

Quote from: anjaq on November 03, 2014, 08:34:58 AM
I have the conviction that if it is better for flights, why should I return to something more harmful when back ;)

The reason would be that patches don't offer the same dosages as other methods. I'm actually on pellets now and god they are the best thing ever. I feel so level and have so much energy. Plus I don't have the ups and downs of not taking the pills at exactly the right time.
  •  

ElleA

Just a note that Jessie is on holidays. I booked in just before she left.
  •  

anjaq

Pellets are those implants? (sorry for the offtopic)

•  

ImagineKate

•  

lovelyjmi

Hey ^^;!! I had my VFS on October 3rd!! Now I'm up to the point of "Short Conversations" on month 2. I was just wondering if any of you who've had it, ever spoke a little too much, and what happened? I tend to talk a bit much, and I think what happens is the voice just gets weaker and pitch lowers a bit, but after rest it goes back up? Ugh.. it's so confusing! And bad bad me for talking a bit too much :S! I'm just so satisfied that I sometimes get a bit excited...

And I'm a little new here, sorry for the intrusion in the conversations... just thought I'd ask others who've had it done :)!
  •  

mk854

Hello Friends,
Is anyone of you girls planning to go to Yeson in the middle of January from USA? I am planning to go alone on Jan 17' 2015 from New York and just scared. I would appreciate your company for traveling and sharing room with you. I am a Nurse working in NY.
Michelle
  •  

ElleA

Hi Michelle, an Aussie here I am heading there just after you, for the 1st of February.
  •  

anjaq

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 04, 2014, 02:50:44 AM
Hey ^^;!! I had my VFS on October 3rd!!  I'm just so satisfied that I sometimes get a bit excited...
Sounds good. I think you should really restrain yourself from speaking too much too early. Otherwise it may take longer until the voice is back to normal abilities. Are you doing audio recordings and would you like to share them with us at some point? Its always good to have more people showing how things turned out for them.

•