Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovelyjmi

So before I left, I did the obvious "Rainbow Passage" recording. I made sure to record it in high quality via my studio mic so that later comparisons could show the full quality of voice surgery. I just now recorded my "month and a half" recording on the same studio mic and here's the results!! I'm super duper thrilled with the results so far!!

•  

ElleA

Ohhh yeah. I am so excited to have this done February can't come soon enough. Lovelyjmi your results are amazing.
  •  

lovelyjmi

Quote from: ElleA on November 12, 2014, 12:16:59 AM
Ohhh yeah. I am so excited to have this done February can't come soon enough. Lovelyjmi your results are amazing.

Merci!!! <3 ... It's sooo worth it!! You'll be so happy I'm sure!! For me, it's so magical that I can now go talk in public and not FEEL that old boomy voice come out of me!! AHHH!!
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 12, 2014, 12:03:53 AM
So before I left, I did the obvious "Rainbow Passage" recording. I made sure to record it in high quality via my studio mic so that later comparisons could show the full quality of voice surgery. I just now recorded my "month and a half" recording on the same studio mic and here's the results!! I'm super duper thrilled with the results so far!!

That's just amasing. I am going to save for this surgery; all of the results posted here have been incredible.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

lovelyjmi

The crazy thing is, Dr. Kim says my pitch should increase even further! I'm so stoked!
  •  

ElleA

Woot you gotta be happy that's for sure.
  •  

lovelyjmi

Absolutely!! Ahhh... so happy :3 <3!! And I'm so happy for you as well!! Heck I'm happy for everyone on here going for what makes them happy <3!!
  •  

lovelyjmi

Hey so, I added the Hz! Thanks to my new friend Olivia for taking the time to walk me through figuring it all out! My voice has risen this morning. I am incredibly excited to use it more :D!

PS: This is not the same clip as earlier! This is a newer one :)

•  

Rachelicious

Quote from: lovelyjmi on November 12, 2014, 04:10:04 AM
Hey so, I added the Hz! Thanks to my new friend Olivia for taking the time to walk me through figuring it all out! My voice has risen this morning. I am incredibly excited to use it more :D!

Congrats! They sound quite good. 244hz whoa :) Are you perhaps subconsciously elevating pitch in this one? I ask because it sounds slightly strained (well, 6 weeks, duh) compared to the previous one, which sounds less strained but 100% natural and feminine. (I myself have been practicing my voice in its 'fundamental frequency' area to get ready for not having to force my voice upward post-op.)
  •  

lovelyjmi

Nop. I'm just having one of those "good" moments this morning! I always read stuff out like I talk normally. But my voice is still weak! Believe me a lot more of the times it lowers itself off and on, but today was the first day I've ever just opened my mouth and heard that pitch o_o!

Edit: I may have slightly forced a tiny bit, but not much. I must point out that as a music producer, I do a lot of voice over and singing, so it's just natural for me to force a little bit. BUT I wasn't squeezing my vocal chords like I used to in public :)! I was more or less just pushing out more air than anything :3 <3!

Thank you for all the kind comments though!! <3
  •  

anjaq

This really sounds good. Amazing really! I like the first (218Hz) better than the second one though actually. Sounds more free and natural to me :) - But honestly - you also changed your voice behaviour , right? In the pre OP recordings I have the feeling you are forcing the voice down in pitch, also adding a lot of vocal fry. Post op you do not use vocal fry like that . Can it be that the botox just does not allow for it, or did you just stop doing it?

Hehe, make a visit to Berlin to the voice doctor there and see how someone would fall off his chair - LOL. Now all you need to do is to sing with that good voice once it is posible and you can also give him a heart attack from envy ;)

•  

lovelyjmi

Actually in the first one, that's really my original original voice. They told me to just speak how I originally did, so I just kinda let it go! :) I also had vocal tremors and one other issue with my vocal chords not closing completely at the top as I spoke, thus leading me to run out of breath really quickly, so it affected the way I used to speak too!

I'm still learning my balance though (obviously as it's just a month and a half) but I'm starting to understand how this new voice works now after some experimenting all day!

As for voice behaviour, I think it's more me being happy now more than anything. Cause I really am a peppy person, but when I had to listen to that old voice I got depressed and frustrated. I had a really grumbly voice.

Thanks for the kind comments though :3! <3 Will keep you posted on recovery!

Edit: I will totally sing something once I can!! I promised my fans, so I'll promise you guys as well :3! <3
  •  

ImagineKate

What's the wait time look like for scheduling? If I'm doing this mid to late next year, when should I schedule?
  •  

ElleA

They only take booking a maximum of three months ahead so you'll have to wait until next year to book. I got pretty well straight in for the dates I wanted but that was right on the edge of the far bookings. I don't see you having any issues
  •  

ImagineKate

Quote from: ElleA on November 13, 2014, 08:12:45 AM
They only take booking a maximum of three months ahead so you'll have to wait until next year to book. I got pretty well straight in for the dates I wanted but that was right on the edge of the far bookings. I don't see you having any issues

yeah it's far off for me anyway. I want to do about a year of HRT first if I even go for this.
  •  

lovelyjmi

OK! So, granted, reading the Rainbow Passage is great to compare and all, it's also not as natural since I'm reading something, and I'm always keen on reading it "properly". Call it the perfectionist producer in me. It kinda makes me talk slightly higher.

That all said, I recorded this hyperactive video of me to give you a glimpse of what I naturally sound like in my daily life! With some other fun tid bits that may be of interest about what I've learned!

Enjoy!

PS: I'm healing up quite a lot faster than some people, so don't worry too much about how talky I am!! I'm totes fine! I usually give it a rest after a speech like that =)!!
  •  

Wynternight

I love this video, J-Mi. :)

It tickles me to see you so happy.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

lovelyjmi

Quote from: Wynternight on November 14, 2014, 12:43:52 AM
I love this video, J-Mi. :)

It tickles me to see you so happy.

Haaaa... thank you! I really am!! I mean this is a dream come true @_@!
  •  

ImagineKate

That last video was... amazing!

I think I'm leaning more into the direction of doing this. I really don't want to have to think of using my voice.
  •  

lovelyjmi

Why thank you!! It's really fun to be using it now :3! <3 I think I really got the understanding of how it works now. And Jessie says I'm healing up extremely fast. Which is fantastic!!
  •