News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Yeson voice feminization surgery

Started by Jennygirl, April 22, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iKate

Quote from: Cadence Jean on June 25, 2015, 04:41:17 PM
Does anybody have a copy of the exercises that Dr. Kim prescribes? I wonder if I'd benefit from them...

It's on the website, under videos.
  •  

iKate

I'm here! Just waiting for them to open up, lol

•  

anjaq

Best wishes - enjoy the ice cream!

•  

Teslagirl

All the best! Get in touch as soon as you feel like it again...
  •  

iKate

Ok so I'm done and in the recovery room. No coughing (good) and it was over in an instant. My tongue is still a bit numb but that is fading away. They took special care due to blood pressure and diabetes but Dr Lee and Dr Kim are very experienced and know their stuff.

I did have foreign body sensation in the throat but that went away once I drank water.
  •  

katrinaw

Congrats Kate... so happy for you xoxoxo

Speedy recovery

L Katy  :-*
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Teslagirl on June 25, 2015, 06:41:33 PM
All the best! Get in touch as soon as you feel like it again...
also I did find out that they used a teeth guard. So do not worry about weak teeth.
  •  

Mariah

Congrats and best wishes to a speedy recovery. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Mariah2014 on June 26, 2015, 12:59:31 AM
Congrats and best wishes to a speedy recovery. Hugs
Mariah

Thank you Mariah!
  •  

Jessie Ann

Good Luck with your recovery Kate. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  •  

iKate

I was discharged and back to Phil house via the subway.

Dr Kim did a quick look over (camera up nose again) and it all seemed good. Asymmetry corrected and he sutured 1/3 of the folds

Thanks for all the well wishes!
  •  

anjaq

Congratulations- sounds like all went perfectly accoring to plan. Recover well and then enjoy the city!

•  

Teslagirl

Quote from: iKate on June 26, 2015, 12:56:03 AM
also I did find out that they used a teeth guard. So do not worry about weak teeth.
So happy that you're out and fine. I'll mention the tooth guard thing to Jessie. Thank you for the information!

Sarah
  •  

iKate

When I was discharged I was thinking of taking a cab but the subway is super duper easy. It's pretty crowded at rush hour but nothing like the NYC subway.

Phil house is not that far anyway. I walked a few blocks to Apkujeong rodeo station on the yellow line, go to the last stop and from there you can transfer to the #5 line and get off at Achasan. Phil house is just a few steps away. It takes less than 40 minutes door to door.

I used the T money card so the fare is cheap, I think it's about US$1 each way.
  •  

anjaq

What I hated about the subway in Seoul: You drive for 5 minutes and then you walk for 10 minutes at the transfer subway station over a mile to catch the next train. Especially the transfer at the terminal station of the yellow line. Considering I was still pretty shaken after I was discharged, I was happy to take the taxi. It also took 30 minutes or so and it was about 10 or 15 EU - that was about 5-7 EU per person, I think that was totally worth it, but it really depends on how well you take the anaesthesia...

One tip - if you intend to take a taxi anywhere - make sure to get a card with the adress printed in korean on it from the hotel or from Yeson - even before you are mute, most drivers dont understand english and if you have a korean business card of the hotel, you can just show it to him and he can punch it into his navigation system.

•  

Cadence Jean

Congrats, I'm glad all went well for you! Best wishes on a speedy recovery! Also: my tongue is still a bit numb two weeks after surgery with Haben. Lol You're doing pretty good if it went away that quickly!
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

iKate

Quote from: anjaq on June 26, 2015, 11:08:57 AM
What I hated about the subway in Seoul: You drive for 5 minutes and then you walk for 10 minutes at the transfer subway station over a mile to catch the next train. Especially the transfer at the terminal station of the yellow line. Considering I was still pretty shaken after I was discharged, I was happy to take the taxi. It also took 30 minutes or so and it was about 10 or 15 EU - that was about 5-7 EU per person, I think that was totally worth it, but it really depends on how well you take the anaesthesia...

One tip - if you intend to take a taxi anywhere - make sure to get a card with the adress printed in korean on it from the hotel or from Yeson - even before you are mute, most drivers dont understand english and if you have a korean business card of the hotel, you can just show it to him and he can punch it into his navigation system.

I guess this wasn't as much of an issue for me as I am accustomed to long corridors for transfer in New York, so it is similar here. I thought that's how all subway systems are. I haven't been to Europe yet so maybe it is different there. The rail lines apparently are also run by different companies, much like how the New York City Subway was before it was all unified.

The money was not an issue as I was going to take a cab but then Jessie said I had to hail one and she couldn't call one because they don't stop in front of the building but had to get it across the street so I just took the subway instead. I wonder if Uber is available here? I might give that a try as I use that all the time in other places like New York and New Jersey.

Taking a cab from the airport was going to be horrendously expensive, over ₩55,000, so I took the airport railroad and transferred to the subway. That was a long time but it was not too bad.

I like riding trains anyway, no matter small or big. :)

In any case I stayed there all day so I was very well rested. Anesthesia makes you feel tired anyway you take it but I was good enough to walk outside after, apparently. Just had to take it a bit slow.
  •  

iKate

Quote from: Cadence Jean on June 26, 2015, 11:28:06 AM
Congrats, I'm glad all went well for you! Best wishes on a speedy recovery! Also: my tongue is still a bit numb two weeks after surgery with Haben. Lol You're doing pretty good if it went away that quickly!

I have a slight numbness at the tip but it is fading away rapidly.

Thanks for the wishes! I hope that your surgery with Haben is healing up good so we can hear the real you. :)
  •  

anjaq

Ah no - I know subways more like in London or in Munich or Berlin - they dont have always that long corridors - in Munich you barely have to walk to change trains. I think everyone is different regarding anaesthesia. I was very happy to have company when I was discharged from the clinic becaus eI was feeling very weak and sleepy, so she held my hand, we walked slowly to the street and hailed a cab, gave them the phin house business card and then I fell asleep in the cab... Maybe it was becaus eI had a full anaesthesia just 6 weeks before already.

•  

Teslagirl

Quote from: iKate on June 26, 2015, 01:27:00 PM

I like riding trains anyway, no matter small or big. :)

Do you hear much about the MERS virus Kate? And is everyone wearing a facemask even though it's the monsoon season? (How wet is it there?)

You really seem to be taking Korea in your stride. I'd heard that Koreans stare a lot, particularly at foreigners and because I'm blonde I wonder if I might get a lot of that... Have you noticed any particular attention by being foreign?
  •