Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ends with a vowel.

Started by Tracey, April 24, 2013, 05:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natastic

•  

Cindy

Went out for dinner last night. http://www.capricciorestaurant.com.au/

If I never eat again I will die a happy woman

Home made

tiramisu

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  •  

Devlyn

•  

ZoeM

Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

Devlyn

•  

Jamie D

I serve my gazpacho with herb butter crostini
  •  

ZoeM

Martini?
*cribs mercilessly from Jamie D*
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 26, 2013, 06:13:03 PM
Been done, try some of the humble pi!

Ha!  You burned Cindy Jo Misfit's "glute".

Wait. This isn't the cannibal thread??

Quote from: ZoeM on April 26, 2013, 06:57:20 PM
Martini?
*cribs mercilessly from Jamie D*

All's fair in love and food word games.   ;)
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jamie D on April 26, 2013, 06:56:18 PM
I serve my gazpacho with herb butter crostini

Yeah, you also call "W" a vowel,  weenie!
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 26, 2013, 06:13:03 PM
Been done, try some of the humble pi!

Home made!

Poor moding, you can have your cake and eat it!!!! (Heee Heeee)
  •  

Jamie D

"W" is a vowel, in certain circumstances!  I cite "GrammerGirl" - if that is not an authoritative source, I don't know what is.

bleu cheese - twofer

And by the way, I looking to soon have a Hoho again.

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jamie D on April 26, 2013, 07:04:47 PM
"W" is a vowel, in certain circumstances!  I cite "GrammerGirl" - if that is not an authoritative source, I don't know what is.

bleu cheese - twofer

But....but....this is what GrammerGirl the Authoritative Source said in the fine print:

So to sum up, the only time you can truly say that W represents a vowel is in those rare Welsh borrowings, such as "cwm." Y, on the other hand, gets to represent a vowel in many more words. It represents short I in words like "gym," and either short I or long E in words like "happy." It represents a diphthong in words like "by."

In my professional guestimation, you and Cindy are both guilty of making posts that contain no food ending with a vowel. I'm calling Shenanigans, everyone get your brooms!

Tapioca.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 26, 2013, 07:16:39 PM
But....but....this is what GrammerGirl the Authoritative Source said in the fine print:

So to sum up, the only time you can truly say that W represents a vowel is in those rare Welsh borrowings, such as "cwm." Y, on the other hand, gets to represent a vowel in many more words. It represents short I in words like "gym," and either short I or long E in words like "happy." It represents a diphthong in words like "by."

In my professional guestimation, you and Cindy are both guilty of making posts that contain no food ending with a vowel. I'm calling Shenanigans, everyone get your brooms!

Tapioca.

"Truly" is a weasel word.

Panang Curry with brown rice and garnished with cilantro.

Many words have W for a vowel, such as awe, bow, cow, dew, ewe, few gew-gaw, hew, jaw, known, lawn, maw, now, owe, pew, raw, sew, tow, vow, wow and yawn.

However, in these cases, the W is only technically a vowel, because it contributes a vowel sound, as would the letter U, from which it originates. Some words, especially Welsh, use the W as the primary vowel, much as Y is used in English. One example is the word "cwm" (valley).
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Jamie D on April 26, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

bleu cheese - twofer

And by the way, I looking to soon have a Hoho again.

That's a painting of a Ho-Ho, Twinkie!
  •  

bethany

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 26, 2013, 07:22:25 PM
That's a painting of a Ho-Ho, Twinkie!

ART CRITIC!!

Well, you're not going to get any photos, because they are not yet back into production.  :(
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 26, 2013, 07:16:39 PM

Tapioca.

What! Lump me with a person who uses W as a vowel? Oh the injustice of it :'(

Kangaroo.
  •  

V M

When I got out of the shower I dried off with a towel  :)

Oh, um, Rotisserie
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Jamie D

Puns like that make me ...  "howel"?

Pu-pu platter

Way back when, me and my buddy would stop some evening on our commute home after work, and get pu-pus at the Poo-Ping Palace in Tujunga.  Now, I know you are going to say, "Jamie, you are so full of it!"  But I have photographic evidence ...

•  

Karla

•