Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How much does 'hair' contribute to society's perceptions of others (us)?

Started by JinJan, August 07, 2012, 05:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on August 15, 2013, 09:40:38 AM
it's all about what i'm most comfortable with. i love long hair on others and it makes me sad when they cut it (gender is irrelevant to this), but i wouldn't disrespect their choice by telling them they looked better with long hair unless that's actually the truth (i can't remember that having happened yet).

low maintenance is great, but i sure do envy people who look good in their long hair just by brushing it. i looked more like hermione the way she was portrayed in the books, the movies didn't do our kind of chaotic witch hair justice.

I deal with what I have so low maintenance and shorter style is in for me, but in the back of my brain I would probably kill for Hermione's hair. My granddaughter has it and hates it but her girlfriends with totally straight hair would trade with her in a heartbeat. Funny how we humans are! We are never happy with ourselves, always wanting to look like someone else.
  •  

ativan

My hair looks the way it does, flat on the top, curly after that, from always wearing it in a ponytail.
In the Avatar pic, it's brushed out and shaken a little. It's actually much curlier.
The curl goes pretty much to the top, only the weight straightens it out, if at all.
Maintenance is brushing it, using some stuff to keep it soft and then tying it back until the next day.
Pretty low maintenance. Cut to any shorter length and it goes everywhere.
I used to wear it like that, it's always pretty wild.
Wash it and towel dry it only enough so it isn't dripping wet.
Never ever used a hair dryer, except for once. It looked ridiculous.
Best just to let it do what it wants to.
I have it long and stopped trying to deal with it a few years back.
This is just one of several times I've done that.
I consider it to be low maintenance when all I really need to do is tie it back and forget it.
Ativan

*Changed Avatar pic.
  •  

Taka

when i tied my not quite long enough hair back, i got a nice poofball in my neck. hairdryers didn't work either. cutting it short was probably the right choice for me since i don't feel like spending years hoping that my hair will grow long enough to look good.
  •  

ativan

It does take a long time.
For just as long of times, I've had a poof ball of hair on my head.
This last time is about 5 or 6 years of growing.
Poofy is a look all of it's own.
People who can't do that without a lot of work are jealous.
They can never quite get the look right.
Ativan
  •