Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

We are a tribe of warrior princesses!

Started by Carlita, July 05, 2013, 10:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlita

I was talking to my therapist yesterday. And we were talking about the importance of retaining all the good things about who you were pre-transition as you go through transition and then start a new, female life.

'You are strong now,' she said, 'and you will be a strong woman, too.'

And then she added, 'I think of my girls as warrior princesses.'

I should say that my therapist is like a girls' school headmistress. Anyone who goes through transition with her - and there are LOTS - is one of 'my girls' and it's possessive, and supportive and very sweet. Anyway, she then went on:  'They're amazing. They're beautiful and feminine, but within them they have everything they learned and experienced when they were living a male life, and it gives them incredible power.'

I think it's an incredibly empowering idea to think of oneself as a warrior princess. And I know that it can apply to all of us, so I just wanted to share it with everyone here.

Be proud.
Be strong.
You're a warrior princess!!
  •  

Sara Thomas

Yay!  ;D

(I am actually turning into something of a feminist... the kind your pastor warned you about...  ;))
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Cindy

•  

Catalina

I never really saw myself as a warrior princess, or any kind of princess, really...

Maybe a chieftain's daughter though!   :laugh:

I think it is absolutely amazing that you have someone so overwhelmingly supportive. We need more people like that! I pray for that day when all differences of human diversity are celebrated by virtue of their uniqueness!
"Live fully, love wastefully, and be all that you can be."
-- Bishop Spong
  •  

monarch

While I appreciate building solidarity, I am not a huge fan of being called a warrior princess.  Perhaps it is just me.
  •  

Sammy

I know I have pics somewhere to prove this statement :P. I am selling off now my full plate armour (which IS battered btw:P ) and swords, but I am contemplating to make a farewell photo session before getting rid of that useless pile of steel :P.
  •  

Jamie D

That is the way of the best warriors.  You are part of the tribe.
  •  

CalmRage

Quote from: Xena the Warrior Princess on July 05, 2013, 02:54:06 PM
That is the way of the best warriors.  You are part of the tribe.
Wouldn't you rather join the Walrus tribe?
We have cookies and finest british tea to dip them in.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: so over you on July 05, 2013, 02:50:34 PM
I don't like to fight. I am a peaceful princess, not a warrior. I solve problems with cunning and allure :)

This is similar to where I sit as well. Part of my rejection of masculinity is its insistence on solving problems with conflict instead of cooperation.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: suzifrommd on July 05, 2013, 03:02:10 PM
This is similar to where I sit as well. Part of my rejection of masculinity is its insistence on solving problems with conflict instead of cooperation.

I just kick ass :laugh:
  •  

Devlyn

<
<
<  This is a battle axe with a battle axe!
<
<
  •  

Carrie Liz

Quite appropriate if you ask me.

And especially considering that I had Nausicaa as my original avatar, you can count me in!

And hey, girls, Nausicaa is definite proof that you can have both a peaceful loving side that hates all conflict, as well as a badass side when people cross you in the wrong way. I refer you to the following images:

•  

JenSquid

Quote from: SavoyTruffleMusic on July 05, 2013, 03:00:14 PM
Wouldn't you rather join the Walrus tribe?
We have cookies and finest british tea to dip them in.
Your offer is mighty tempting. ^_^
  •  

Carlita

Quote from: suzifrommd on July 05, 2013, 03:02:10 PM

I think violence was the last thing on my therapist's mind. She was envisaging strong independent, proud women who cross gender boundaries to mix the discipline and honour of warriors with the beauty, grace and loving kindness of a true princess. And if it is essential to defend those values against the bigoted and cruel, yes these warrior princesses will fight and win. But only when there is no alternative and the cause is just.
  •  

BunnyBee

I can't say I ever feel anything like a warrior.

I feel more like a refugee.  I held on and somehow survived the world coming down around me.  Now I am just kind of unmoored, feeling a lot of loss, and trying to put a life back together in a collapsed world.
  •  

PHXGiRL

WE ARE!

I'm a butt kicking Pink Ranger!
  •  

Sara Thomas

I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

Lorri Kat

I am She-rah, fighter of all wayward body hair!!!!!   ummm.....no    thats not me...  and I'm more like She-screams, fighter of.....  ...errr  anywho... yea

Ohhhh!!!!!  I got it  I got it!!!!!

I am Lorri, the Warrior Princess of Shopping!!!!  :D
=^..^=
  •  

Rachel85

Sailor Jupiter! She'll kick anyone's ass! She is also patient enough to put up with the likes of Serena... most of the time... :)
  •