Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 2.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 01, 2013, 03:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyValkyrie

Hello! My name is Jenna Christina also known as lady valkyrie in here finland.. My changes are mostly style changes.. because Im not taking any hormones yet ...

Before

after

Ps: Im sorry if the images appear too big.. Im not good with computers :(
  •  

Megan Joanne

^ And totally don't even look like you need the hormones. Wow!
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: LadyValkyrie on June 15, 2014, 02:17:08 PM
Hello! My name is Jenna Christina also known as lady valkyrie in here finland.. My changes are mostly style changes.. because Im not taking any hormones yet ...

Before

afterquite pretty

•  

Shantel

Quote from: LadyValkyrie on June 15, 2014, 02:50:58 PM
Thanks girls..  :)
Very pretty Jenna, I understand that it's difficult to get on HRT in some of the Nordic countries, is that right?
  •  

sveebee85

Before

after

wow beautyful!
you look really great!

•  

LadyValkyrie

Quote from: Shantel on June 15, 2014, 03:04:22 PM
Very pretty Jenna, I understand that it's difficult to get on HRT in some of the Nordic countries, is that right?

Sort of.. Theres only 2 psychiatric hospitals in this country where you have to go if you want treatments.. Then theres the "diagnose" process that takes 1-3 years and after that you can get trans diagnose and hormone treatmens, voice therapy etc..

Good point is that surgery is free.. almost everything is free but also difficult to get..

Edit: You ALL look great.. This is my favorite topic to visit as It gave me hope in the first place when I was considering this transition <3
  •  

Sammy

Terve :)
You are simply stunning and gorgeous :).
  •  

LadyValkyrie

Moikka ;)

Thanks.. You are sweet too :)
I'm glad that I finally found courage to post something.. I have been reading this forum for so long time that I almost feel like I know all  :D

Now I go to get my beauty sleep.. Its midnight in here.. Sweet dreams to all ladies  :)
  •  

sveebee85

Quote from: LadyValkyrie on June 15, 2014, 03:38:07 PM
Sort of.. Theres only 2 psychiatric hospitals in this country where you have to go if you want treatments.. Then theres the "diagnose" process that takes 1-3 years and after that you can get trans diagnose and hormone treatmens, voice therapy etc..

Good point is that surgery is free.. almost everything is free but also difficult to get..

Edit: You ALL look great.. This is my favorite topic to visit as It gave me hope in the first place when I was considering this transition <3

oooh :((
thought only in germany it´s quite difficult to go forward with transition cause of our law & restrictions.
here you´ve to go to psychological therapy for almost 1 year and you´ve to live fulltime also 1 year before you´re allowed to start HRT.
good point, HRT, facial hair removal, voice therapy and finally GRS will be payed by our insurance. but there´s still a lot bureaucracy to do.
it makes it really complicated and you need such a lot documents (3 medical extimates etc.) ...

•  

Etrina

Yay, another Finn! ^^ Stunning Finn, if I may say so! Don't think there are many of us around here. ^^
  •  

katiej

Quote from: sveebee85 on June 15, 2014, 04:19:15 PM
thought only in germany it´s quite difficult to go forward with transition cause of our law & restrictions.
here you´ve to go to psychological therapy for almost 1 year and you´ve to live fulltime also 1 year before you´re allowed to start HRT.
good point, HRT, facial hair removal, voice therapy and finally GRS will be payed by our insurance. but there´s still a lot bureaucracy to do.
it makes it really complicated and you need such a lot documents (3 medical extimates etc.) ...

That's rough.  1 year RLE before HRT.  But you girls seem to be in much better position before than I am.  For me HRT and facial hair removal are necessary before even thinking about full time.  But our government won't pay for it, so I'm trying to get a job with a company with an insurance plan that will.
"Before I do anything I ask myself would an idiot do that? And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." --Dwight Schrute
  •  

ErinS

Quote from: sveebee85 on June 15, 2014, 04:19:15 PM

I made a comment in another thread about how shocked I am how some obstensibly progressive European countries treat trans people in relation to the United States. Although not great here by any means, it seems far more continentals than I suspected are stuck 20+ years in the past on treatment.

I mean, RLE before HRT? IMO for quite a few people that's torture. There's folks that flat out couldn't pass without it, so why put them at that risk, knowing the violence against trans people? Then there's the confirmatory aspect of HRT. Imagine spending a year putting up with non passing RLE only to get HRT. And be like "wait. This isn't for me." Granted that's what therapy is for, but there's something Bout getting those pills and everything finally working correctly in your head that takes that shred of self doubt away.
  •  

katiej

Quote from: ErinS on June 15, 2014, 11:26:20 PM
I made a comment in another thread about how shocked I am how some obstensibly progressive European countries treat trans people in relation to the United States. Although not great here by any means, it seems far more continentals than I suspected are stuck 20+ years in the past on treatment.

Most Americans have the concept that European society is more enlightened, tolerant, and egalitarian... and it isn't always reality.  Northern Europe maybe...Southern Europe not so much.  Travel around Europe and you'll see what I mean.
"Before I do anything I ask myself would an idiot do that? And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." --Dwight Schrute
  •  

V M

Let's stay on topic friends  :)  This is the 'Before & After Topic' not the 'Let's Discuss European Attitudes Towards Trans People' topic, if you would like such a topic, feel free to create one in the proper forum area

Thank You

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

katiej

•  

Teela Renee

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on June 15, 2014, 01:06:45 PM
Do You still practice kendo? (it is kinda difficult not to notice that piece of bōgu in the corner ;).

Yep I still practice. Tho ive also adopted the naginata as of late.
RedNeck girls have all the fun 8)
  •  

Snöfrost

So, I'm back and made a video of my transition.

Sorry that most of the pics are taken with the front camera on Iphone 4s. Crappy quality

•