Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

When you change your name, does your drivers liscence # change?

Started by Soren, July 15, 2013, 08:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren

I was looking at my license and noticed the letters in it were most of my name. Does that mean it'll change if you get your name legally changed? And if so will the court think you're trying to trick someone if you have a ticket on your records?
  •  

Flan

No, the record is simply changed (assuming lack of other procedure like verification of SSN or other form of citizenship document like the birth certificate.)
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

Soren

Quote from: Flan on July 15, 2013, 08:15:23 PM
(assuming lack of other procedure like verification of SSN or other form of citizenship document like the birth certificate.)
? What does that mean?
  •  

Flan

Quote from: Soren on July 15, 2013, 08:19:10 PM
Quote from: Flan on July 15, 2013, 08:15:23 PM
(assuming lack of other procedure like verification of SSN or other form of citizenship document like the birth certificate.)
? What does that mean?
Some state DMV's check the backgrounds via SSA records to verify citizenship status so you have to change SSA record before changing name on your driver's license or state id card.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

Soren

Quote from: Flan on July 15, 2013, 08:34:16 PM
? What does that mean?

Some state DMV's check the backgrounds via SSA records to verify citizenship status so you have to change SSA record before changing name on your driver's license or state id card.
I see. Thanks for the help.
  •