Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffinpants

•  

Calder Smith

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. It was fun for a little bit but got boring soon. I've stopped buying Call of Duty games now because they're just getting too repetitive and get old quickly. The only CoD game I play now is CoD 4 which is my favorite in the franchise.
Manchester United diehard fan.
  •  

Skyler

Assassins Creed Black Sails compleated with extra packs...80$, The game is way to short on content and can be completed in no time.
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

Quote from: muffinpants on January 21, 2014, 02:01:23 PM
dragon age 2 :(

damn me too...
i bought it for 5 euros on the psn...but it is just not that good and kinda complicated for no reason...
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Eris

Quote from: muffinpants on January 21, 2014, 02:01:23 PM
dragon age 2 :(

Yeah me too :(

I liked the Gravity magic but the whole thing just felt kind of tacky and cheap.
I refuse to live in fear! Come hell or high water I will not back down! I will live my life!
But you have no life.
Ha. Even that won't stop me.

I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

•  

Hikari

Quote from: Skyler Lusk on March 03, 2014, 06:16:16 AM
Assassins Creed Black Sails compleated with extra packs...80$, The game is way to short on content and can be completed in no time.

$80!? I got the game for free as part of the Nvidia game package (along with Splinter Cell Blacklist)... I run AMD cards and my roommate buys Nvidia cards (we have our own private Nvidia/AMD, Intel/AMD war) so when he gets extras of those games he gives them to me, and when I get extras of AMD games I give them to him. Kinda insane to think that a $300 Video card can come with $150 worth of games.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Eris

Hikari, which Model GTX did you/they get? because the 770 over here was £320 ($535) XD
I refuse to live in fear! Come hell or high water I will not back down! I will live my life!
But you have no life.
Ha. Even that won't stop me.

I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

•  

Colleen♡Callie

Aliens Colonial Marines.  Biggest let down ever.

Dishonored was painfully short, worth getting but at a discount, half off price, not full price.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

Hikari

Quote from: Falconer on March 03, 2014, 09:03:41 AM
Hikari, which Model GTX did you/they get? because the 770 over here was £320 ($535) XD

Oh, I have a AMD Radeon in my desktop (So I got the AMD pack), but my roommate got 2 GTX 770s (MSI Gaming Edition which are $339 at Newegg). I do however have a Nvidia GTX 660m in my Laptop, (Asus g75vw) but only because I got a good deal used.

What I really want to get is an AMD Radeon R9 270x MSI Gaming edition (The entire house is incredibly pro MSI) which is $329 right now. All of us shop at Micro Center as our brick and mortar store, and New Egg when Micro Center is out of stock or doesn't carry that part (Micro Center sells some stuff way cheaper than Newegg).

I feel sorry for those in the UK as frequently they get pricing that makes £ = $ and that makes zero sense with the exchange rate.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: CaitGSith on January 07, 2014, 02:23:52 AM
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (This was another one that struck me as a huuuuge disappointment, expected an awesome new Tomb Raider game for the first PS2 game, and instead found a buggy unfinished mess with awful story and cut content)

This.

Saddest part, was the trilogy idea they talked about in the making of, was actually interesting and I was excited for.  It's a huge shame they completely ruined the game and did almost nothing to introduce the larger story idea in the game itself.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

JesseG

I regret purchasing World of Warcraft, because it is my sweet, sweet heroin that I've been trying to kick forever.
:'(

... I just love my elves to bits... but sooo many days down the drain.
It's almost everything I need.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." - Mark Twain
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: Maris on March 06, 2014, 11:08:05 AM
The secret world

I was going to, but looking into it nothing really sold me on getting it.

•  

Xhianil

Anything on the Wii, cause my first one was stolen and my second was sold by my mom...
  •  

TotallyAwks

Probably 80% of my steam library.
people who use steam will understand what im talking about ;) damn sales... Gaben just wants to fleece my wallet.
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Oh geez, I don't even think I've played 80% of my steam sale purchases.

•  

Shodan

Quote from: Colleen♡Callie on March 10, 2014, 10:23:47 AM
Oh geez, I don't even think I've played 80% of my steam sale purchases.

Oh, lordy. Me, too between the Steam sales and the Humble Bundles. I usually buy the Humble Bundles for one or two games, and usually end up with a ton of random crap. For me, the most memorable letdown in recent history was Diablo III and Final Fantasy 13. I payed full price for the first, and after about an hour totally regretted it. Torchlight 2 was a much better diablo sequel than the official sequel is. I don't know. Maybe the new expansion will help it out some. I remain skeptical. As for FF13.... I only payed $5 and felt it was a waste of money.

•  

Jayne

I regret purchasing GTAV, since GTA Online was unlocked 2 weeks after the game went on sale it has consumed my life.
Every time a new free update is released I go nuts, the latest update last week had me spending over 2 million GTA dollars on cars, masks & new clothes.
I'm now broke & am spending all of my free time building up my in game bank account ready for the next free update.
I have loads of games unfinished but every time the Xbox goes on I can only think about playing GTA Online, help me i'm addicted!!!!!!
  •  

TotallyAwks

Quote from: Shodan on March 10, 2014, 01:27:41 PM
Oh, lordy. Me, too between the Steam sales and the Humble Bundles. I usually buy the Humble Bundles for one or two games, and usually end up with a ton of random crap. For me, the most memorable letdown in recent history was Diablo III and Final Fantasy 13. I payed full price for the first, and after about an hour totally regretted it. Torchlight 2 was a much better diablo sequel than the official sequel is. I don't know. Maybe the new expansion will help it out some. I remain skeptical. As for FF13.... I only payed $5 and felt it was a waste of money.
For the most part i enjoyed Diablo 3, probably because it was my first Diablo game.
But MY GOD that games servers are bloody unplayable. The Australian servers literally dont work. they are laggy and rubber-band all day its terrible.
I was forced to quit 20% into the game because i would hit a monster, and 10 seconds later it would die. thats how laggy it was.

Ive found Path of exile to be an awesome replacement to Diablo, its definitely got the astetic to it and its really highly praised, its won multiple game of the year awards.
Havent tried torchlight 2 myself tho, might have to give it a try as i hear lots of people play it.
  •  

Ryan55

Every call of duty game lol I don't know why I keep getting them when I'm always disappointed, I guess I like playing through the campaign mode and then multiplayer gets boring and I'm stuck listening to 12 yr olds who shouldn't even be playing it, tell me I suck and giving me yo mama comebacks

•