Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Author revisits when Adam became Audry

Started by Amelia Pond, August 10, 2013, 10:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Pond

Author revisits when Adam became Audry
Brittany Lyte, August 9, 2013 9:12 pm

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/Author-revisits-when-Adam-became-Audry-4721849.php

At 28, Alexandra Bogdanovic married the man she loved. It was a fairy tale affair in the Hamptons, complete with a horse-drawn white carriage.

Two years later, Bogdanovic's husband told her he was living a secret life as a woman, and intended to undergo gender reassignment surgery. Not yet healed more than a decade after the divorce, Bogdanovic decided to write a book about it.

"Truth Be Told: Adam Becomes Audrey" is the story of how Bogdanovic, who was raised in Greenwich, met, fell in love with and married the man of her dreams.

The book chronicles the twist of fate her husband dealt her when he revealed soon after their two-year wedding anniversary that he had known he wanted to be a woman since he was 16.

"I was in love with someone who wanted to be, for lack of a better word, normal," said Bogdanovic, sitting on a bench in Greenwich Common, where years ago she and her ex-husband played a game of soccer on their first date.

"I have no doubt that Adam loved me, but I also think he used me to have a shot at that normalcy," she said.
  •