Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Stop Biting Nails

Started by Allison, August 22, 2013, 12:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison

I have some anxiety derived from my ADHD and Mild OCD and I honestly can't stop biting my nails. I don't do anything else but bite my nails but wanting to transition I really would love to stop biting my nails because they are completely unsightly as they are now. Not to mention I want my nails to be something I'm proud of and I would love to paint them but that draws attention to them and with them the way they are it would look horrible. Any tips to stop biting; I'm considering taking some habanero sauce and coating my nails with it. But that's kinda extreme.

Any help?
You know I'd rather say nothing; and just be proud of myself for tearing down these walls.
  •  

Taka

there are product made specifically to taste bad enough to make people not want to bite their nails. any pharmacy should have some. i wouldn't recommend habanero sauce, what if you happened to touch your eyes...

you could try to find something else to bite. pencils are good, i've even bit some in two. you can gnaw much harder on them as well. if you always keep something to bite on and a small pair of scissors near you, it might help you stop, since it gives yo no more excuses to bite your nails.

best way to stop doing something is to never do it again. then you just have to remember what you decided on every time you unconsciously get very close to starting the bad habit again. not easy, but i've found pencils very good to chew really hard on whenever it got frustrating that i already denied myself the possibility of chewing on my nails.

pens should be avoided since they just break and become useless.
  •