News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Dr. Di Maggio Booked for December!!

Started by abbyt89, October 04, 2013, 01:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abbyt89

Ahhh I'm so excited!

I settled on Dr. Di Maggio since the forehead was my main concern. So I'm having surgery on December 16th!

I'm having my forehead reconstructed, a rhinoplasty, my hairline reshaped, and an upper lip lift for sure. I haven't decided on the brow lift or temporal fat grafts yet, I am waiting to get my assessment back from VirtualFFS to make that decision.

I'll be there for 18 days in total, so unfortunately I'll be missing Christmas and my flight home lands right at midnight on New Years lol. Oh well, it'll be worth it.

I was sorry to hear that his assistant, Amanda, left because everything I heard about her was amazing. Regardless, whoever I've been dealing with via e-mail (I'm pretty sure it's been Dr. Di Maggio himself) has been fantastic and extremely communicative. I got my quote back within 24 hours and since then all communication has been responded to within an hour at pretty much all hours of the day.

I'm a little bit nervous since this is a much more intense procedure than my voice surgery, but I'm sooo looking forward to it! Plus I feel like if I get through this fine I should have nothing to worry about this summer when I have my SRS.

I'll keep you all updated when I get closer and will definitely post some before/afters :)
  •  

abbyt89

Quote from: samantha55522 on October 07, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
Yes...Dr. DiMaggio is the best at forehead surgery.

Just go to FFS support, there are plenty of examples of his natural and fantastic results.

Enjoy your intelligent surgeon selection!!!!!!

Kisses
S.

Thank you! :) Yeah the fact that so many people seem to choose him for his forehead work and that he has a ton of before/afters made it a pretty easy decision.

As for the FFS group, I'm a member but I haven't been able to post yet since I'm new and need my posts approved. It sucks, I have so many questions! But I have seen all of the Di Maggio results posted and they look great.
  •  

abbyt89

So I'm less than 4 weeks from my FFS, I'm so excited! I decided on forehead reconstruction, a rhinoplasty, a hairline reshaping, and a minor brow lift.

I had my skull x-rays done today and thought I'd share them here. I've edited the second one to show the approximate shape of the forehead after the reconstruction (the red line). You can see just how protruding my brow is currently (the yellow line.)

And here's my virtual FFS picture to show what the forehead should look like after reconstruction. This is definitely the most masculine angle of my face (it's why I can't wear my hair up in public) but it's also the one that is most feminized. It's pretty crazy how big of a difference the forehead alone makes.

The one on the right also has simulated a rhinoplasty and facial hair removal.

Anyway, to say I'm excited is a HUGE understatement and I'm so glad it's finally almost here. I can't wait to spend some time in Buenos Aires, too! Who knew that my transition would take me all over the world?

•  

megan2929

Quote from: abbyt89 on November 21, 2013, 03:43:45 PM
So I'm less than 4 weeks from my FFS, I'm so excited! I decided on forehead reconstruction, a rhinoplasty, a hairline reshaping, and a minor brow lift.

I think you made the right call about what procedures to get. Especially deciding not to do the lip lift. Your lips are cute and very much in the feminine range, and from talking to many surgeons, it seems that the lip lift scar never heals especially well and you'll have to cover it with makeup forever, so good choice not to get that. I wish you all the best with your surgery, and a fast recovery!

BTW, you mentioned voice surgery. Where did you get that done, and how did it turn out?
  •  

Lauren5

If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this cost? Was it reasonable?
Have fun in the Argentine sun, girl.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

abbyt89

Quote from: megan2929 on November 25, 2013, 09:07:29 AM
I think you made the right call about what procedures to get. Especially deciding not to do the lip lift. Your lips are cute and very much in the feminine range, and from talking to many surgeons, it seems that the lip lift scar never heals especially well and you'll have to cover it with makeup forever, so good choice not to get that. I wish you all the best with your surgery, and a fast recovery!

BTW, you mentioned voice surgery. Where did you get that done, and how did it turn out?

Thank you, and yeah I took the advice of the VFFS lady who said the distances involved with the chin/lip are ideal already plus the scar can be an issue. I want to get my jaw done too but I think I'll be happy enough with the forehead and nose that I won't feel a need to later on.

And I had voice surgery at Yeson back in August, there are two big threads on it in the voice therapy/surgery subforum. My naturally speaking pitch so far is up by about 60-70hz and my voice is passable so I'm very happy with the results. :)

Quote from: Willow on November 25, 2013, 09:48:00 AM
If you don't mind me asking, about how much did this cost? Was it reasonable?
Have fun in the Argentine sun, girl.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it!!

It was very reasonable compared to the two main U.S. surgeons who do type 3 reconstructions. The total for forehead + nose (as well as the little stuff like hairline reshaping) was $14,000.
  •  

sarahb

Wow, 2 weeks to go Abby! I'm sure you're full of excitement! Good luck with your FFS, and keep us updated on your progress as you recovery :)
  •  

Damhnait

Aye, I went to Di Maggio as well. He did my forehead and nose. He likes to do the whole face like your chin for like a package deal. I was one of the few that didn't need that. But if he suggests it, just do it. You only want to have facial surgery once and life is full of regrets. He likes to sort everything out at once and he is brilliant at it. One piece of advice don't ask him to do anything aggressive with your hairline. He can lower it but that is it.
Amanda right she was ok but she didn't have the time for me. Something put her off for some reason and I get along with everyone so that was a shocker.
What he did with my forehead is a work of art. I had seen some old friends that went to a certain surgeon in Chicago Dr. Z. Wow they looked plastic. It was obvious they had work. I didn't have the heart to tell them back then. But with Di Maggio will give you a truly natural look without any unnecessary procedures. FFS was the best thing I ever did.
I followed yourself and Jenny with your voice surgery. Savage stuff indeed. I have a completely passing voice and never sir'ed. But it is always in the back of my mind some days when my voice is a bit off. Jesus another 10k ffs

•  

Shantel

Hi Abby,
     Can't wait to see the results once everything is healed. Nice Christmas present to yourself Abby, my very best to you dear!
  •  

abbyt89

Thanks guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a while - been quite busy with school and work leading up to my trip to Buenos Aires.

My flight left at 6AM Friday morning (my last final exam was Thursday night) and I'm all settled in to my apartment here. I'm stocked up with food and entertainment since I don't plan on really leaving my apartment for the first 3-4 days.

I'm going to take advantage of my last night before surgery by doing some sight-seeing and watching a tango tonight.

My surgery is at 2PM local time tomorrow...I'll update you guys sometime tomorrow evening if I'm feeling up for it.

And yes Shan, I'm missing Christmas (and New Years) with my friends and family but this little gift to myself is more than worth it. I'm so excited!
  •  

RavenMoon

Ooh I'm excited for you!  Best of luck with everything!

;D
  •  

Shantel

•  

abbyt89

Hola!

Surgery took a little longer than expected but went very well. Will give full update tomorrow but in the mean time:

•  

Jerri

you look wonderful,
I am so looking forward to getting mine done and this confirms it even more, congrats abby, rest easy well done.
Jerri
one day, one step, with grace it will be forward today
  •  

Shantel

Hi Abby you sweet girl!
               You have a twinkle in your eyes and a smile on your lips and your eyebrows look good, I can't say anything more so get well sweetie!
  •  

RavenMoon

Yay! You look very happy!  ;D

I know I would be!
  •  

Lauren5

Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

sarahb

Yay, all done! Congratulations Abby! I can't wait to see the final results once all the bandages are off. Happy healing!
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: abbyt89 on December 16, 2013, 07:13:00 PM
Hola!

Surgery took a little longer than expected but went very well. Will give full update tomorrow but in the mean time:

[zooming out] There you are. Wow, looking good!
  •  

Celia0428

You look great for the short time! And so happy! Congratulations Abby
  •