Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A few new pics, trying out new poses....

Started by Jaelithe, October 21, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaelithe

So my wife has a performance group that does live recreations from Jem and the Holograms.  She asked me to be part of it this year(I hadn't come out to her in full until afterwards, but this still made me very happy as I got to be her sister, Kimber(Kimber is kind of an airhead, but oh well))  Her costumes turned out absolutely fantastic, though I think she's still far more photogenic than I am, I haven't got posing down quite yet, I think I end up looking overly awkward.  So any advice would definitely be appreciated!

IMG_2032 by smileypw, on Flickr

IMG_2044 by smileypw, on Flickr

IMG_2045 by smileypw, on Flickr

•  

JLT1

Jaelithe,

I think I'm going to say a couple things you may not like.  However, when I posted my picture for the first time, someone was hard on me and it has made a difference.  (I'll post updated pictures soon...)

Things that would help more than posing...

1.  Better make-up would help.

2.  You have the basics of a really good, feminine body.  Lose weight and work out for a more feminine shape.

Overall, not bad at all.  I think you can pass.  Your poses are getting there. You're off to a good start.

Hugs,
Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Jaelithe

Quote from: JLT1 on October 22, 2013, 01:20:03 AM
Jaelithe,

I think I'm going to say a couple things you may not like.  However, when I posted my picture for the first time, someone was hard on me and it has made a difference.  (I'll post updated pictures soon...)

Things that would help more than posing...

1.  Better make-up would help.

2.  You have the basics of a really good, feminine body.  Lose weight and work out for a more feminine shape.

Overall, not bad at all.  I think you can pass.  Your poses are getting there. You're off to a good start.

Hugs,
Jen

That's actually the kind of critique I was hoping for.  I think I'm better with makeup when I'm not trying to do a specific design, Kimber's half-diamonds don't allow for much work with my eyes and such unless I wanted to try different shades of pink around the eye lid/crease....but that's starting to sound like a bit too much money/work for a costume I don't wear often.

I do need to start working out again, try to trim off some of my waist.  I've been finding it hard to get the time right now, between work and college I literally have 0 days off.  Once I finish finals, and things aren't quite so hectic(next semester is only two classes, Yay!) I'd like to get back into walking.  I'm on my feet a lot for work, but it's not the same thing, slightly better than my usual desk jobs though I suppose >.>

•