Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 4.0

Started by Ms Grace, November 13, 2013, 12:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Grace

Had a general supervision session with my direct supervisor today, just planning work for the next month etc. It was pretty brief and since she knows I'm transitioning I gave her an update. She really is wonderfully supportive and we ended up having quite a lengthy chat about progress and plans plus just totally girly stuff, stuff which I knew she never would have shared if she thought of me as a guy. It really made my day!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

KabitTarah

Yesterday... but I love it when I can talk to a woman at work and feel included. We talked about another woman, her pregnancy (and how she WAY overreacts to stuff), and other gossipy sort of things :). I've been through three pregnancies myself (well... my wife was the pregnant one :() so I know what's real and what's not... and the complainer complains about things that are not... a lot ;). She even talks about misogynistic stuff that happens (we're in a real men's club - yay... though administration is "trying" to change that).

It's not just me being feminine (though that seems to be helping?) - but I think girls like to talk more when they're not actively being marginalized!!
~ Tarah ~

•  

FTMDiaries

Whilst driving my kids to school today, my eldest started flicking between radio stations to try to find one that was playing music (British breakfast radio shows tend to be full of highly opinionated DJs who love the sound of their own voices, LOL). After trying all of the usual stations and failing to find any music at all, I suggested she try the Old Fart station I usually listen to on the way to work, saying: "They'll probably be playing some song from like 1985 or whatever, LOL".

So she turned over, and it actually was a song from 1985: A-Ha's Take On Me. To my surprise, my daughter turned it up to the max and the three of us sang along. I had no idea they knew the words!

We were singing the chorus as I pulled up to drop them off. We sat in the car whilst the chorus ended, screeching "In a day or twoooooooooo!" at the top of our voices. It was awesome.  ;D

•  

KabitTarah

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 13, 2013, 05:41:03 AM
Whilst driving my kids to school today, my eldest started flicking between radio stations to try to find one that was playing music (British breakfast radio shows tend to be full of highly opinionated DJs who love the sound of their own voices, LOL). After trying all of the usual stations and failing to find any music at all, I suggested she try the Old Fart station I usually listen to on the way to work, saying: "They'll probably be playing some song from like 1985 or whatever, LOL".

So she turned over, and it actually was a song from 1985: A-Ha's Take On Me. To my surprise, my daughter turned it up to the max and the three of us sang along. I had no idea they knew the words!

We were singing the chorus as I pulled up to drop them off. We sat in the car whilst the chorus ended, screeching "In a day or twoooooooooo!" at the top of our voices. It was awesome.  ;D

"Take On Me" was recently done as the melody line in a rap song - chart topper. I didn't remember the name, but found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_This_Moment
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shaina

I'm happy to have woken up this morning :D
Anything else today will just be a bonus!
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

FTMDiaries

Quote from: kabit on November 13, 2013, 06:13:10 AM
"Take On Me" was recently done as the melody line in a rap song - chart topper. I didn't remember the name, but found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_This_Moment

So it was!

Y'know, that makes me feel like my mother. Back in the '80s when I was a teenager, she was always moaning about how nothing in the charts was ever original; how everyone was just doing cover versions of old songs from the '60s.

Of course, if you listen to the music of the '80s now, there was a lot of distinctive, original stuff going on in that decade. And even the cover versions were generally good reinterpretations of the originals. So in 20-30 years' time, my kids will moan about everyone ripping off today's artists, and how nothing is ever original blah blah blah. And so the wheel turns.

Kids these days don't even know they're born. Get off my lawn, you hooligans!  ;D

•  

KabitTarah

Quote from: FTMDiaries on November 13, 2013, 06:49:47 AM
So it was!

Y'know, that makes me feel like my mother. Back in the '80s when I was a teenager, she was always moaning about how nothing in the charts was ever original; how everyone was just doing cover versions of old songs from the '60s.

Of course, if you listen to the music of the '80s now, there was a lot of distinctive, original stuff going on in that decade. And even the cover versions were generally good reinterpretations of the originals. So in 20-30 years' time, my kids will moan about everyone ripping off today's artists, and how nothing is ever original blah blah blah. And so the wheel turns.

Kids these days don't even know they're born. Get off my lawn, you hooligans!  ;D

I didn't like 90s and 2000s music... but this decade has been pretty good... IMHO.
~ Tarah ~

•  

Lauren5

Quote from: Shaina on November 13, 2013, 06:42:18 AMI'm happy to have woken up this morning :D
Anything else today will just be a bonus!
Waking up to finding the bathroom is being cleaned by the grumpy guy who doesn't put a sign on the door and prefers to yell at you.
But finding out the unisex bathroom has a jacuzzi tub was awesome! I had some privacy in the bathroom for a change.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Apples Mk.II

•  

Nicolette

Quote from: Apple Sprout on November 13, 2013, 08:13:14 AM
Seeing this on the street:

Transformer? I've only seen Games Workshop in the UK. They have them in Spain too?
  •  

Apples Mk.II

Quote from: Nicolette on November 13, 2013, 08:19:05 AM
Transformer? I've only seen Games Workshop in the UK. They have them in Spain too?

Space marine from Warhammer 40.000. There a few shops on the cities... Saves you the problem we had before for locating specific miniatures or paints---
  •  

V M

I'm sure I'll think of something to be happy about sometime later today
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Xhianil

Listening to a song that reminds me of a very good and caring friend.

First post here!
  •  

Nicolette

Quote from: Apple Sprout on November 13, 2013, 08:21:51 AM
Space marine from Warhammer 40.000. There a few shops on the cities... Saves you the problem we had before for locating specific miniatures or paints---

My brothers know a wee bit more about Warhammer than me. I used to love going into GW down Oxford Street when I was closer to London.
  •  

Robin Mack

I'm over the moon!  I shared the poem I wrote last week (posted under Hobbies->Writings->The Girl Who Flies if you're interested) with my therapist today... she loved it!  And I'm working with a terribly handsome, amazing artist in Iceland on a collaboration to make it into a kid's book (haven't talked with him about telling people about it yet, so for now he'll remain nameless).  Once that is done, my therapist wants to give it to a local therapist in charge of a group for suicide prevention in the LGBTQ community.  She thinks it can do some good!

Feeling just so overwhelmingly blessed; accepting myself has freed me to create again, and my creations just might do some real good in the world!  Soooooo happy right now!  :)
  •  

JillSter

I just woke up happy! :D

I had a dream last night where I was with my dog (who died two years ago) and I gave him a big hug and told him how much I love him. And I had this big homemade Snickers on a stick. I could taste it in my dream and it was delicious! And someone spent their life savings on a mansion knowing they wouldn't be able to afford to live their for long, but they did it anyway. And I wondered why they would do that. But they seemed so sure. Like just because I don't understand, it doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. It made me feel like it's okay to take a big risk if you know in your heart it's what you have to do.

After I woke up I had a Jim Morrison quote stuck in my head. "The future is uncertain and the end is always near." But I was hearing it as meaning something else; surely the opposite of what he actually meant. I was taking it to mean that the future is not predetermined, so you can make yours whatever you choose. And your goals are never as far away as they may seem.

Yeah, I woke up happy. I feel good today. ;D
  •  

Lauren5

Someone is giving me a wig tomorrow. Not quite what I wanted, but it's free!
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Kittenswithmittens

Quote from: Willow on November 13, 2013, 03:21:07 PM
Someone is giving me a wig tomorrow. Not quite what I wanted, but it's free!

Fun! I love wigs. A good friend of mine borrowed one from me this other day and uploaded a picture on facebook with the text "new haircut, yay!". SO many funny reactions. Wigs are awesome if they look natural. You need to post a picture! :D
"She had blue skin, and so did he. He kept it hid, and so did she. They searched for blue their whole life through, then passed right by - and never knew."
  •  

King Malachite

My mom stuck it to my brother about not doing his share of the dishes.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Kittenswithmittens on November 13, 2013, 03:56:42 PMFun! I love wigs. A good friend of mine borrowed one from me this other day and uploaded a picture on facebook with the text "new haircut, yay!". SO many funny reactions. Wigs are awesome if they look natural. You need to post a picture! :D
I will, it's going to be a part of my costume for the TDoR drag masquerade on Tuesday.
*beep*

•