Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

do you like wearing a bra

Started by evecrook, December 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

my problem is big nipples. I had big nipples before HRT now I got really big ones. there just too noticeable without and there even noticeable with.
  •  

Emileeeee

I wouldn't say I really like wearing them, but I like getting stuck on the seatbelt even less, so I do what I must.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: evecrook on December 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PM
I love wearing a bra. I wear one around all the time even though I'm not full time yet. I'm kind of waiting to see if my face changes. I'm lucky to have pretty noticeable breasts because before I started HRT I had male breast development from anti depressants. I love the way my breasts fit in the cup. When I walk around my apt. with just the bra on it feels really nice.

Yes, I love wearing a bra.  It just feels right to me.  I'm male and nicely fill a 38A.  I'm hoping to get HRT and larger breasts.  I already talked to my doctor about it.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

JeanetteLW

I don't get to wear one enough not to like it yet.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

AnneK

QuoteI saw a post here earlier where a person had encountered resistance when she went into a few different stores for a bra fitting - is that a usual experience for trans women? I'd like to have a professional fitting on the next one, but I don't want to be embarrassed if I'm at the risk of being thrown out of the bra department because someone clocks me as MTF.

I had a fitting in a bra store that happily fits men, trans, etc.  Try searching on bra men and your city name.  When I did that, the store I found was near the top of the list.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

AnneK

QuoteIs there any way I can wear a bra and no one really notice?

Beige bras tend to be invisible under most shirts.  I don't know about T-shirts though.

•  

AnneK

Quote from: Jill F on December 05, 2013, 10:48:36 AM
If your bra is uncomfortable, you're not wearing the right one.   I tend to forget I'm wearing one.

I agree.  Get a proper fitting to ensure you're wearing the right size.

•  

RobynD

At a 38D i have to wear one in most situations, with most outfits. I don't mind the garment all that much and getting ones that fit properly and are pretty makes it all the better. I like matching sets a lot.

Having said all of that I enjoy bra wearing less than i used to when it was new and i suppose that is normal. I am quick to change when i get home and try and find some outfits where it is cool to go braless. Today i am not wearing one with a fairly tight t-shirt under a cardigan. The latter allows me to pull that off but just barely.

When i complained about bra shopping and wearing to a cis-female friend of mine, she said - you are just becoming more of a girl. We mostly all have a love/hate relationship with bras. I thought that was kinda funny :)

•  

KathyLauren

Six weeks into HRT, I have started wearing one out of necessity.  No, I don't have any visible or measurable growth yet beyond my 'moobs' (which are kind of cute, but wouldn't even fill an A cup), but I need it to stop my nipples from hurting.  :)  I am wearing plain, utilitarian, flat sports bra. 

It doesn't show under men's shirts when I am in boy mode.  If anyone saw any outline through the shirt, they would assume I was wearhing a tank top.

I am looking forward to having something to fill a proper bra with.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: muffinpants on January 14, 2014, 09:58:32 PM
http://www.livescience.com/28664-bras-make-breasts-sag.html

this just encouraged what I already wanted. yay for being free!

Then why is it that in pictures of primitive cultures, the women seem to have sagging breasts?

•  

RobynD

Quote from: AnneK on March 02, 2017, 02:01:57 PM
Then why is it that in pictures of primitive cultures, the women seem to have sagging breasts?

I don't think so. I think those societies have ladies that enter their reproductive years fairly early and you are seeing the results of raising children and breast feeding them fairly late into their lives. Just a guess though.

•  

Rhonda333

Quote from: emma-f on November 05, 2015, 03:03:20 PM
I love my Boux Avenue bra - makes my lemons look like melons! It's just amazing how having a cleavage changes guys' reactions to you. I wonder if the novelty of seeing them looking at my chest will ever get old?

Entirely agree Emma. I discovered guys reaction to cleavage when I was 16. Mother sent me to a teen dance in a flirty skirt, a really low cut top and a black push up bra that made me look like DD. I felt like I'd flop out if I bent over. Guys reaction was immediate and I loved it. Finally one invited me out to his car for a drink of whiskey. His hands were all over me and sure enough, they did flop out. He had the most enormous ejaculation I ever saw. I was delighted to have that effect on men, and now I knew I liked men.
I am a pre op MtF.
  •  

AnneK

One other thing.  I like the feeling when my arm brushes against my bra encased breast.  It makes me feel more feminine to have something there.

•  

Jin

My breasts came in with puberty just like the older girls' did. So Mom gave me my sisters old bras but we were a nudist family so none of often wore them.
Now I am about 50/50 harnessed/free. depending on what outer clothes I have on and what I am doing for the day.
at 38C and still fairly perky with pointy nipples, I can do without reasonably well. Oh, did I mention that I like to show off?
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

jentay1367

Loved it! Till I actually needed one. Felt all squishy about pantyhose too....till I went on hormones. You can keep em' both these days. Life is fraught with irony....l.o.l.
  •  

mac1

If I had breasts that required wearing a bra I would like to try one.
?
  •  

Raell

I loved the 70s when I didn't wear one! I only put a bra back on when the church we were attending at the time preached against it. Yup, I used to be religious back when I lived as a hetero, married woman.

But I HATE bras, and now just wear them so I can "pretend" to be female. But I cut up and redid the bras, wrapping the bottom edge of the bra with fluffy microfiber car wipe cloth material, cut off the hooks and added a long piece of elastic in the back to make them loose, with all back straps wrapped in the fluffy microfiber cloth. I lined the cups with the same material. I suppose I could tackle the straps next, but that would be more trouble.

Besides wearing bras is a bad idea for your breasts.

"The study suggested that wearing a bra from an early age did nothing to help support the chest, reduce back pain or prevent breast sagging. 'Medically, physiologically, anatomically – breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity. On the contrary, they get saggier with a bra,' Professor Rouillon told France Info in an interview."

Here's Why You Shouldn't Wear A Bra, According To Science via @IFLScience: http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/no-bra-day-special-are-bras-bad-you/
  •  

SadieBlake

The last couple of years it's become easier to find bras in a size that works for me, I think makers are beginning to cater to mtf as a market. At 40B I'm glad my breasts now show every day and I'm choosing breastwear to accentuate ot minimize according to my mood and what I'm doing.

I don't mind being a slave to fashion, bra-less in a t shirt - my usual attire - just doesn't work for me. I may eventually come to appreciate my east - west shape but for now I prefer a shaped look. I also love having a sports bra and feeling free to wear it for running and cycling, I will never miss the sensation of nipple chafing
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Karlie Ann

My breasts are starting to be noticeable.  It's winter here, so I can still hide them under bulky shirts or checked shirts (bra, too) but I have no idea what I'm going to do, come summer, when it's too hot for anything but a t-shirt.  I'm not ready to be out, so it's a quandary.
Your current situation is not your final destination.
  •  

Danielle Kristina

Yes, I like wearing a bra.  Sometimes I want to free my girls, just as many cisgender women like to go braless at the end of the day.  However, unlike cisgender women, I feel dysphoric without a bra.  Once I begin hormones and I develop my breasts, then wearing a bra might not be as important to me.  Right now, though, I feel less like myself without it.

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •