Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How to improve hair and nail health

Started by Kassie, June 27, 2014, 03:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kassie

I have very been brittle nails and very coarse thin dry hair any suggestions on vitamins minerals etc. to improve both hair and nails?
  •  

miya5

No ideas from anyone??? I can use some advice for this as well.
  •  

CaptFido87

I've heard biotin is a good product for hair and nails. I saw it my house today and was gonna try one, but they smell funky so I decided against. I know they do have gummy versions, which I'm going to try and find. I've heard from most cis-girls who take it and they say it works well
Hi I'm Marty. I'm a MTF Transgender who wants nothing more than to finally let Samantha (Sammi) come out and play.

As of: 03/07/2015
  •  

Laura_7

There is a supplement called brewers yeast.

healthline dot com/health/brewers-yeast

If in doubt or if using anti depression meds, or if you have diabetes you should ask a doctor.

I looked into it and found many people saying they had improvements in hair and nail growth.
There are quite a few fashion web sites also stating that, and its advertised that way.

It should be readily available as supplement since its not patented, in fact the substance is known for quite some time.
I'd prefer organic sources.

hugs
  •  

ChiGirl

I use biotin and I feel like my nails have gotten stronger. 
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: ChiGirl on April 16, 2015, 02:58:56 PM
I use biotin and I feel like my nails have gotten stronger.

Yep, Biotin is part of brewers yeast.
There are simply many more ingredients included.

From the link above:
Because of its nutritional value, brewer's yeast can provide energy and may help maintain healthy skin, hair, eyes, and mouth. It may be effective at supporting the nervous system and enhancing the immune system.

As said above, organic sources might be of advantage because its supposed to be more healthy.

hugs
  •  

kittenpower

A healthy diet with the right amount of protein for your height and weight, along with vitamins such as biotin that's been suggested above, and a good multivitamin, plus a keratin based shampoo and a good moisturizing conditioner, and use a nail strengthener (OPI is a good product) & hand lotion.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

for sure Biotin, I use cvs hair skin and nails, and 3 pills contain 300% of dv , women need more biotin than men from what i understand.
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Newgirl Dani

Twinlab makes a product called "Hair Factors"
  •  

Devlyn

•  

katrinaw

Was actually going to start a topic on my question below, but decided to piggy back on this one  ;)

I am using a Hair, Nails and Skin formula (includes Biotin), I got it for all of those, I have nails that fracture and chip handling anything, bad MPB and dry/aged skin (I also use heaps of moisturizers, lost count of the various types LoL)...

Q - I started the HN&S formulas about 3 or 4 months ago, I have noticed a slight increase in body hair (darker hairs) than prior, also my facial hair seems to have increased slightly... anyone else noticed this

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Lara1969

Progesterone helped my nails and hair. Biotin did nothing for me. I also read some studys where no effect of Biotin was found.
Happy girl from queer capital Berlin
  •  

FrancisAnn

Lots of biotin. My electrolysis gives every client a full strength bottle. It works for everyone.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

FrancisAnn

Quote from: Kassie on June 27, 2014, 03:16:58 AM
I have very been brittle nails and very coarse thin dry hair any suggestions on vitamins minerals etc. to improve both hair and nails?
For your nails use very hard clear polish to protect them & polish remover that helps the nail. You can grow nice nails, just take care of them.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

katrinaw

Quote from: FrancisAnn on April 23, 2015, 08:02:33 AM
Lots of biotin. My electrolysis gives every client a full strength bottle. It works for everyone.

:laugh:

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

KyleEdric

Quote from: CaptFido87 on April 16, 2015, 02:23:24 PM
I've heard biotin is a good product for hair and nails. I saw it my house today and was gonna try one, but they smell funky so I decided against. I know they do have gummy versions, which I'm going to try and find. I've heard from most cis-girls who take it and they say it works well

Oh, for sure the gummies taste great! I know what you mean by the pills; I tried one, and the taste refuses to leave your mouth no matter how much water you drink. The gummies are much tastier and I found a big thing of them at Costco. I read it's important to start off on a low dose at first. The recommendation is two gummies, but it's safe to start at just one everyday, preferably after a big meal. It also has the tendency to make you break out, I read. I have gels for acne already so my skin isn't a problem. I've only been on it for four days, so I'm far from seeing results. I read it's supposed to be a couple months before you see a difference.
"I know your soul is not tainted, even though you've been told so."~Ghost 'Cirice'

•  

Swayallday

Quote from: Laura_7 on April 16, 2015, 02:37:33 PM
There is a supplement called brewers yeast.

healthline dot com/health/brewers-yeast

If in doubt or if using anti depression meds, or if you have diabetes you should ask a doctor.

I looked into it and found many people saying they had improvements in hair and nail growth.
There are quite a few fashion web sites also stating that, and its advertised that way.

It should be readily available as supplement since its not patented, in fact the substance is known for quite some time.
I'd prefer organic sources.

hugs

I also use this.

Having been a frantic nailbiter for years. They grew pretty fast after two weeks. Still a bit brittle but just keep them proper by using a nail-file.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

so wait so...Progesterone can also help nails? Are we talking the micronized kind?

Also even with Biotin I have thin nails, got to be something else to do like paint them with a daily strengthener from the outside?
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on August 22, 2015, 03:59:42 PM
so wait so...Progesterone can also help nails? Are we talking the micronized kind?

Also even with Biotin I have thin nails, got to be something else to do like paint them with a daily strengthener from the outside?

Yep..always bioidentical micronized progesterone...

Well you could have a loot at the brewers yeast... there are more ingredients than only biotion...
and there are combinations with zinc which might also help...
  •  

Kassie

Things are all of the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •