Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paige

Quote from: Jessica-Louise on November 26, 2014, 02:20:46 AM

...aaaaand skip to the end. Today! About a year since I decided to transition, 10 months since presenting as female in public and 6 months since starting HRT and going full-time. A woman at the grocery store kept misgendering me repeatedly and loudly while her co-workers laughed today which was quite humiliating so I guess I still have a long way to go. That did tarnish my six month anniversary experience a bit but overall I think I'm making okay progress so far. Right? :-\

You look great Jessica.  As for the woman in the store, I've never understood how mean some people can be to total strangers.   Perhaps she's jealous of how good you look?

Paige :)
  •  

Skeptoid

I found a particularly bad photo from either early in my transition or before. I can't remember the date on this photo.

Taken with a DSLR but the lighting isn't that fantastic.

This one is from about a week or two after I started hormones while laying in bed.

Taken about two or three days ago to show the way my facial hair has become extremely light colored and nearly unnoticeable after shaving.

These were all taken yesterday. That's about 3.8 months into hormone therapy.
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

missymay

You are making good progress and HRT is working beautifully for you :)
  •  

Delsorou

Quote from: Allyda on November 26, 2014, 11:11:39 AM
I think you look great Jessica! Awesome transformation! That woman in the store must have eyesight problems as you look totally feminine to me, and I'm not one known for sugar coating. I'm confident as you get more replies others here will agree with me.

Agreed on all counts, emphatically.
  •  

Skeptoid

I think the thing that bothers me most is how angular my face looks.
"What do you think science is? There's nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. Which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?" --Dr. Steven Novella
  •  

Tori

•  

Skeptoid

Jessica, judging from your most recent pictures I wouldn't even notice you as anything other than just another girl in public.
  •  

Alaia

Quote from: Jessica-Louise on November 26, 2014, 02:20:46 AM
...aaaaand skip to the end. Today! About a year since I decided to transition, 10 months since presenting as female in public and 6 months since starting HRT and going full-time. A woman at the grocery store kept misgendering me repeatedly and loudly while her co-workers laughed today which was quite humiliating so I guess I still have a long way to go. That did tarnish my six month anniversary experience a bit but overall I think I'm making okay progress so far. Right? :-\

Looking great Jessica! That woman was obviously smoking something and needed her eyes checked. I see nothing but girl there. Perhaps you should have showed her some of the feistyness from pic #4... ;)

Quote from: Skeptoid on November 26, 2014, 12:47:29 PM

Only 4 months in and you are coming along great Skeptoid. Looking very androgynous there, I'm sure with makeup you are gorgeous ^_^

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Alaia

Guess it's time for a little before and after of my own.

This is probably about 3 weeks after I started electrolysis and 8 months pre-HRT:

Male Mode then:                                         Female Mode then:

And then these are only a couple weeks old, so still pretty current. I picked them since they are similar to the other two. I was 8 months on HRT in these:

Male Mode now:                                          Female Mode now:

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Lostkitten

Quote from: Skeptoid on November 26, 2014, 12:47:29 PM
I found a particularly bad photo from either early in my transition or before. I can't remember the date on this photo.

Taken with a DSLR but the lighting isn't that fantastic.

This one is from about a week or two after I started hormones while laying in bed.

Taken about two or three days ago to show the way my facial hair has become extremely light colored and nearly unnoticeable after shaving.

Might be completely silly of me but I always get a bit nervous looking at such pictures.. like.. I see great changes, really. I do not think you look androgynous but, well, maybe a little but leaning to feminine.
Why I tend to get nervous looking at such before and afters is because you clearly see a change.. but you can't point them out. It is simply the feminine version of the earlier pictures. Which is great :D! But, well, HRT sure does things. Maybe I just feel nervous soon starting myself. Never-mind my rambling xD.
:D Want to see me ramble, talk about experiences or explaining about gender dysphoria? :D
http://thedifferentperspectives3000.blogspot.nl/
  •  

Skeptoid

•  

Leslie The Purple

two years on HRT 1 year full time... I decided to ease into my femininity a bit at a time.. I did not really comprehend how dysphoric I was. I thought being androgynous would help... it turned out to be full fledged woman hood with a need for GRS. Considering when I started HRT I think I really did get a lot from it :). I now have an ass!!! I suffered from plummer butt as a guy lol and I am sitting at a pretty solid c cup.. thinking I might wind up with small d's
  •  

Alaia

Quote from: Leslie The Purple on November 27, 2014, 11:52:36 AM
two years on HRT 1 year full time... I decided to ease into my femininity a bit at a time.. I did not really comprehend how dysphoric I was. I thought being androgynous would help... it turned out to be full fledged woman hood with a need for GRS. Considering when I started HRT I think I really did get a lot from it :). I now have an ass!!! I suffered from plummer butt as a guy lol and I am sitting at a pretty solid c cup.. thinking I might wind up with small d's

Looking great Leslie. Love the purple hair! ^^

― Rumi
  •  

Girl, you look AWESOME.
~Arden Sage
  •  

GothFriendly

Yeah, you look great! Love the hair!
  •  

Ultimus

Quote from: ErinS on November 22, 2014, 02:31:42 AM
I swear this is me, also Vannasiamese and Inspire both know me personally.  :)

I'm 35 BTW.

First, you look amazing.

Back when you lived as a man, did anyone ever tell you that you had an uncanny resemblance to Australian actor Daniel Henshall?

•  

Jessica-Louise

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :)

Skeptoid: I can't quite make out what's different and yet your face looks way more femme now. You look lovely.

Alaia: You're getting dangerously close to male fail! Beautiful femme pic too.

Leslie: That's an amazing transformation. You must be delighted. I'm really looking forward to getting to the fabled year two. :D

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. ~ Bukowski
  •  

April Lee

I have a transition video now. To read the captions, it helps to play it in full screen: http://tinypic.com/m/in72mh/4
  •  

TSJasmine

Quote from: April Lee on November 29, 2014, 06:59:50 PM
I have a transition video now. To read the captions, it helps to play it in full screen: http://tinypic.com/m/in72mh/4

You go, girl :)
  •  

Serena

Quote from: April Lee on November 29, 2014, 06:59:50 PM

The video is so cute, i'm happy for your newly found happiness! You are beautiful :)
  •