Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bijou

Quote from: JustASeq on May 28, 2015, 01:16:33 PM
Pre-transition 2009

Pre-HRT but full-time 2014

After just under 11 months HRT 2015

Wow, I swear you're my downstairs neighbor! You look exactly like her!
  •  

stephaniec

•  

stephaniec

:)
  •  

Tiffanie

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on May 29, 2015, 01:47:34 AM
Tiffanie, nice to see You back (I do remember You actually and was sometimes wondering how are You doing). I have to admit that there is more than wee bit of difference between June 2012 and today - You are glowing from inside and that shows on Your pics! And You are looking good and very happy :).

Thank you Emily  ;D  So much has happened since 2012, but it was all worth it.  I don't like those old pics, but I keep them to remind myself how things were before I started being true to myself.

I vaguely remember you, and I see a few other familiar names from then, but there are so many new names and faces  ;D

Sammy

Quote from: Tiffanie on May 29, 2015, 07:18:17 PM
I vaguely remember you, and I see a few other familiar names from then, but there are so many new names and faces  ;D

Oh, yes - people come and go, and I think at least two "generations" of newcomers have passed through since You last were here. There are folks who have gone completely and then there are those who chime in from time to time. Myself, I mostly read some stuff but rarely feel pressed to comment, unless somebody needs advice or some things need to be explained correctly :D. Was nice seeing that You are doing fine though :). Take care!
  •  

Ennaria

Quote from: Ennaria on January 22, 2015, 11:18:56 PM
In addition to my reply above, I want to share my progress so far. I'd really love to hear some opinions. ^_^

http://imgur.com/a/jt9nC

It's an album of photos, so I didn't want to fill a post with them. If anyone has issues with the link, let me know. :)

<3

Hello to all you lovely ladies! It's been awhile since I've been on (lots of life stuff going on). I'm back for now and I wanted to do an update. I'm quite happy with my progress so far. ^_^

Thoughts?

<3

•  

Mickie

Quote from: Ennaria on June 02, 2015, 11:36:43 PM
Hello to all you lovely ladies! It's been awhile since I've been on (lots of life stuff going on). I'm back for now and I wanted to do an update. I'm quite happy with my progress so far. ^_^

Thoughts?

<3

Holy crap! The difference between December 14 and January 15 is like night and day, and only a month lol. Very impressive!!!

I think I went backwards
Before
http://i.imgur.com/MwdEvQZ.jpg

This weekend
http://i.imgur.com/vtChj3Qh.jpg
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

Kyra553

Two years of before and after  :o

Two years ago I looked at this photo as a 225 pound man and could no longer stand how I appeared or how anything I did, could ever mean anything to me. I looked at this photo and decided to finally start being the person who I knew I should of been in the beginning.  The many many years of questioning myself "why do I want to be a girl" seemed to finally push me to change.

So I tried on a wig for the first time and I couldn't stop staring at myself for an entire afternoon.

I began attending therapy to determine if I truly had gender dysphoria. I also began dieting and exercising every morning. My hair had a huge balding patch in the front and it has been the vain of many struggles. However I stopped having my hair buzzed cut and it began to grow.

Then the hard part began, I started to learn and practice how to walk, talk, interact, and live as a woman. Even though I knew my appearances was horrid. My therapist still recommended I should dress more often instead of only at home on the weekends. I never left the house because it was not worth any negative social interaction looking like a man in a dress in my mind.

After enduring therapy for six months and finally beginning hormone replacement therapy, I called a close to year one.  This was the last photo I saved as male me. This was the starting point of my happiness and an end to constantly asking myself "why".

By some miracle I managed to find a fellow transsexual in my local town my same age. We became instant friends and I regard her as the truest friend I have ever had. She truly helped me to have confidence and I finally found someone who understood what I couldn't explain to others.

So we move in together and share a house as friends. By this point I have lost 65 pounds and with waist cinching eight hours a day. My figure truly started to show and I could wear normal women sized clothes.

Nine months of HRT pass by and I'm tearing myself apart having to switch from a man at work to a female at home. Luckily I kept my HR department at work up to date about my transition since day one of therapy. So my HR sets up a meeting with the Warden (the big cheese) and all they truly wanted to know was is if I'm sure about this and inform me of the increased danger of this in prison. So after explaining how I need to do this and how its been on my mind since early childhood. I was given the OK and began fulltime as a female. So yes I work as a corrections officer and yes I transitioned while working in a male prison.  This photo is my first day as a full time female.  :angel: 

My hair is still growing out but I feel confident in how I look and how I speak. I'm only going to further improve with time.

So there it is, my full story with zero holding back! Two years as of today, of my hard work, stress, and determination is posted before you. But the best part out of all of this is...I can finally begin my life the way I have always felt it should have been. I've never been this happy and go getting in my life. All the hard times and pain was worth it, I cant wait for the future instead of dreading it now.  :)
  •  

ChiGirl

Great story, Kyra!  Congratulations and hugs!
  •  

Mariah

Amazing transformation Kyra. Congrats. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

•  

barbie

Quote from: Kyra553 on June 03, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

Yes. It is a great achievement. Congratulation!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Kyra553 on June 03, 2015, 11:51:59 AM

Two years ago I looked at this photo as a 225 pound man and could no longer stand how I appeared or how anything I did, could ever mean anything to me. I looked at this photo and decided to finally start being the person who I knew I should of been in the beginning.  The many many years of questioning myself "why do I want to be a girl" seemed to finally push me to change.

So I tried on a wig for the first time and I couldn't stop staring at myself for an entire afternoon.

I began attending therapy to determine if I truly had gender dysphoria. I also began dieting and exercising every morning. My hair had a huge balding patch in the front and it has been the vain of many struggles. However I stopped having my hair buzzed cut and it began to grow.

Then the hard part began, I started to learn and practice how to walk, talk, interact, and live as a woman. Even though I knew my appearances was horrid. My therapist still recommended I should dress more often instead of only at home on the weekends. I never left the house because it was not worth any negative social interaction looking like a man in a dress in my mind.

After enduring therapy for six months and finally beginning hormone replacement therapy, I called a close to year one.  This was the last photo I saved as male me. This was the starting point of my happiness and an end to constantly asking myself "why".

By some miracle I managed to find a fellow transsexual in my local town my same age. We became instant friends and I regard her as the truest friend I have ever had. She truly helped me to have confidence and I finally found someone who understood what I couldn't explain to others.

So we move in together and share a house as friends. By this point I have lost 65 pounds and with waist cinching eight hours a day. My figure truly started to show and I could wear normal women sized clothes.

Nine months of HRT pass by and I'm tearing myself apart having to switch from a man at work to a female at home. Luckily I kept my HR department at work up to date about my transition since day one of therapy. So my HR sets up a meeting with the Warden (the big cheese) and all they truly wanted to know was is if I'm sure about this and inform me of the increased danger of this in prison. So after explaining how I need to do this and how its been on my mind since early childhood. I was given the OK and began fulltime as a female. So yes I work as a corrections officer and yes I transitioned while working in a male prison.  This photo is my first day as a full time female.  :angel: 

My hair is still growing out but I feel confident in how I look and how I speak. I'm only going to further improve with time.

So there it is, my full story with zero holding back! Two years as of today, of my hard work, stress, and determination is posted before you. But the best part out of all of this is...I can finally begin my life the way I have always felt it should have been. I've never been this happy and go getting in my life. All the hard times and pain was worth it, I cant wait for the future instead of dreading it now.  :)

Wow  :'( that was beautiful. You are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Such an inspiration :)
  •  

Marly

wow...just..wow!

very nice Amber. And sheesh..I worry about my coming out at work. ( I work at a college) Doing so as a corrections officer...umm..wow!
  •  

Tiffanie

Guess there's more than one before and after thread ... or I'm just crazy.  Other than here I will not do these before and after shots.  I am just so happy with where I am right now

Feb 2009 - just faking it

June 2012 - Barely beginning therapy

May 2015 - almost 2 years HRT

Mariah

Beautiful transformation Tiffanie. Congrats. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Tiffanie on June 03, 2015, 09:01:15 PM
Guess there's more than one before and after thread ... or I'm just crazy.  Other than here I will not do these before and after shots.  I am just so happy with where I am right now

Feb 2009 - just faking it

June 2012 - Barely beginning therapy

May 2015 - almost 2 years HRT

•  

Tiffanie

So now I know why I hadn't seen this before ... I just realized I'm in the Female to Male forum  ::)  Definitely a bad adhd / dyslexia day  :P  Sorry

Mariah

•  

Kyra553

Thanks for the replies everyone =)

Susans was my only insight to anything I felt and everyone here was always fun and helpful. I hope my pictures help more people as much as photos of others here have helped me. =)
  •  

Marly

Amazing and inspiring to see these progressions!  I'm gonna have to document mine.
  •