Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Today is the first day since November when I have not had to make a fire first thing in the morning.  I'll have to make one later, but still it's a sign of spring arriving in less than a week.  Not a moment too soon!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 16, 2019, 08:47:01 AM
Today is the first day since November when I have not had to make a fire first thing in the morning.  I'll have to make one later, but still it's a sign of spring arriving in less than a week.  Not a moment too soon!

Do you live in a yurt??

All the houses I know of south of the border have like thermostats and stuff. I didn't realize it was so primitive up north...

😀

Kate
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: KatieP on March 16, 2019, 01:54:40 PM
Do you live in a yurt??

All the houses I know of south of the border have like thermostats and stuff. I didn't realize it was so primitive up north...

😀

Kate

Yes we have a thermostat.  But thermostat heat means burning oil, which is expensive.  Or it means consuming electricity, which is *insanely* expensive.  Wood heat is a fraction the price of either of those options.  And because it is a renewable resource (in theory, anyway), it is more environmentally responsible than either oil or electricity, both of which use fossil fuels.  Between passive solar, active solar and wood, I try to keep the oil furnace from running more than an hour a day.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

V M

I think it would be great to have a real fireplace  ;D  I bought one of those electric fireplace heaters because I have no other option at my apt. other than the old electric baseboard wall heaters and those things are power bill killers  :P  At least the electric fireplace is a bit cozy and cheaper to run  :icon_chick:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 16, 2019, 02:51:43 PM
Yes we have a thermostat.  But thermostat heat means burning oil, which is expensive.  Or it means consuming electricity, which is *insanely* expensive.  Wood heat is a fraction the price of either of those options.  And because it is a renewable resource (in theory, anyway), it is more environmentally responsible than either oil or electricity, both of which use fossil fuels.  Between passive solar, active solar and wood, I try to keep the oil furnace from running more than an hour a day.

Up here where I live, a lot of homes and businesses use Propane instead of heating oil for the majority of our heating needs ...
...super low sub-zero temperatures can cause problems with heating oil because it can "gel" and also if there is any water or water vapor at all in the tank or in the line the flow will freeze up. 
There are winter blends of heating oils but not much used around here where I live.

I also utilize propane for my fireplace insert  ...   although I like the heat and smell of a wood fireplace, when the going gets tough in the dead of winter with a month or more of bitter sub-Zero temperatures, high piles of snow and ice, it is much easier and handier to use propane instead of trudging out to the wood pile to get wood...  and the mess and clean up of a wood fireplace is also an issue...   pushing a button or turning a thermostat knob is much easier.

....plus,  @KatieP ,  as  @KathyLauren  stated we do indeed have thermostats up here in the North... on my furnace and also on my propane fireplace insert....   
... as you know, for a wood fireplace thermostats are not really applicable.

Yes indeed  @V M   Fireplaces are very nice... it is always wonderful on a cold night to toast my toes in front of the fireplace... particularly with a someone special by my side.

Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

King Malachite

Escaping the Reaper in Persona 3 Portable.....playing Persona 3 Portable in general..
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

steph2.0

Here I sit, 40 hours after my last shave, and my chin is still hairless! Those three-hour HNT sessions are really making a difference. I can't stop touching my chin in wonder!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 18, 2019, 08:08:03 AM
Here I sit, 40 hours after my last shave, and my chin is still hairless! Those three-hour HNT sessions are really making a difference. I can't stop touching my chin in wonder!

Stephanie

That is such an awesome feeling to be still be smooth after not shaving. It can be quite painful to get to that point.

Congrats to you

C -
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 18, 2019, 08:12:01 AM
That is such an awesome feeling to be still be smooth after not shaving. It can be quite painful to get to that point.

Congrats to you

C -

Yes, it's been painful, and I have a very long way to go yet, but I finally see some progress. After 1 1/2 years with the 1/2 hour sessions I was being limited to by my last electrocutioner, it was time to get serious. It'll all be worth it some day.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KatieP

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 18, 2019, 08:21:03 AM
Yes, it's been painful, and I have a very long way to go yet, but I finally see some progress. After 1 1/2 years with the 1/2 hour sessions I was being limited to by my last electrocutioner, it was time to get serious. It'll all be worth it some day.

Stephanie

So, what was the serious change, Steph? HTN? Sorry, I don't recognize the name.

And, 3 hour sessions. Did you have any issues with long recovery or scarring?

Kate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KatieP on March 18, 2019, 10:38:06 AM
So, what was the serious change, Steph? HTN? Sorry, I don't recognize the name.

And, 3 hour sessions. Did you have any issues with long recovery or scarring?

Kate

The serious change was going to 3 hour sessions instead of 1/2 hour. I get 6 weeks worth of work done in one day.

HNT is our acronym, coined by @sassycassie, that means "Hot Needle Torture."

Courtney uses the "blend method" which uses less heat than straight thermolysis, and I have just a little redness afterward, which dissipates in about an hour. No long term scarring, and also a lot less painful than thermolysis. With BLT numbing cream, depending on where she's working, I can often get a nap while she's killing those nasty roots.

Stephanie

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 18, 2019, 10:54:21 AM
The serious change was going to 3 hour sessions instead of 1/2 hour. I get 6 weeks worth of work done in one day.

This speeds things up something wonderful.  I decided that if I was going to spend 3 days growing stubble, and another 1-2 days with red, recovering skin, that I might as well just do as much as possible and get it over with.

For most of a year, I did two sessions, 2 hours each, every Monday.  Jodie would put me through 2 hours as her first client of the morning, and then I would go off to ice down and have a relaxed lunch while she worked on other clients.  After lunch, hers and mine, I was back, a fresh coating of EMLA and plastic wrap on the afternoon's work areas.

This ended when we ran out of hair to work on, and I dropped back to one two hour session, and eventually one hour as I exhausted my follicle supply.  Jodie has since retired, and I see another local electrolysis person for an hour every 6 weeks to get the stragglers that are finally becoming active.   

I haven't shaved in a year!  That makes me happy every day!

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

My sister told me I was pretty.

•  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 22, 2019, 03:40:14 PM
My sister told me I was pretty.
@Steph2.0
... and ... my Dear Stephanie
Based on the pictures of yourself that you have posted on the various threads, please know for a fact that you are VERY PRETTY.... and don't forget it!!!

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 22, 2019, 04:01:55 PM
@Steph2.0
... and ... my Dear Stephanie
Based on the pictures of yourself that you have posted on the various threads, please know for a fact that you are VERY PRETTY.... and don't forget it!!!

Well, I might believe it more if I had as many suitors as someone we know. On the other hand, I've already found the one I want anyway. On the gripping hand, I need to remember that graphic I posted on your positivity thread, and stop comparing myself to others.

So, ya know what? I'm going to accept the compliment with thanks!

Stephanie

•  

Linde

My younger friend had me over for some coffee and cake this afternoon to meet her mother who is here to visit.  Te mother did not know that I used to try to be a man.  We had some nice two hours of conversation, and I had to leave.  later my friend called me to tell me that she asked her mother if she could imagine that I would ever have been a man.
The mother said, if Linde was a man, than I am your father!
What better endorsement could I get?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

We went over to my nieces last night. I'll confess, one reason for me was to get my hair colored again. I'd specifically asked about it .. to which they agreed. Rather quickly I might add. The evening dragged later and we got ready to leave, I figured too much was going on to get it done. Well, before we could leave my daughter comes running out telling me they were commenting "I guess we're not doing hair" Well, I couldn't disappoint so I went back in.

As it turned out, my nieces did not do it. One niece had a friend who, according to my niece, spends too much time home alone and needed to 'get out'. Very pleasant gal, she should get out more.

Anyways, long story short, I got my hair purpled.  The goal was purple under that would come through at times. Instead I think I have purple hair with silver shining through at times!  Ah well, Lori likes it. So do I for that matter.

Oh, for Steph, the 'pics or it didn't happen' The color is much deeper than what shows in the photos, at least on my screen.

(too early in the AM for a full face shot!!!!)

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 24, 2019, 08:12:06 AM
We went over to my nieces last night. I'll confess, one reason for me was to get my hair colored again. I'd specifically asked about it .. to which they agreed. Rather quickly I might add. The evening dragged later and we got ready to leave, I figured too much was going on to get it done. Well, before we could leave my daughter comes running out telling me they were commenting "I guess we're not doing hair" Well, I couldn't disappoint so I went back in.

As it turned out, my nieces did not do it. One niece had a friend who, according to my niece, spends too much time home alone and needed to 'get out'. Very pleasant gal, she should get out more.

Anyways, long story short, I got my hair purpled.  The goal was purple under that would come through at times. Instead I think I have purple hair with silver shining through at times!  Ah well, Lori likes it. So do I for that matter.

Oh, for Steph, the 'pics or it didn't happen' The color is much deeper than what shows in the photos, at least on my screen.

(too early in the AM for a full face shot!!!!)

AWESOME!!!!!

As soon as my grafts grow out, I'm going for pink. You can hold me to that promise!

•  

Faith

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 24, 2019, 08:27:30 AM
AWESOME!!!!!

As soon as my grafts grow out, I'm going for pink. You can hold me to that promise!

THANKS!!

Here's the 'frizzy-slept-on-it-all-night' rear view

•