Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 6.0

Started by V M, October 28, 2014, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ann W

I bought a new sleeveless dress yesterday. I thought I would never wear a sleeveless dress because my arms are so big. Then, my friend, a style guru, gifted me a sleeveless dress, saying it was perfect for me. Shazam. She was right. So, yesterday, I went out and bought another one. Wearing a sleeveless dress is SO EMPOWERING! OMG, it's so lovely. I wore my new dress ALL DAY today. I happen to own a gorgeous necklace and matching earrings, and I wore them, too.

I went to the movies today; first time in a very long time. I saw the new "Captain Marvel" film, starring Brie Larson. It was SO EMPOWERING! It is so amazing to watch a woman overcome and stand tall.

It's been cartwheels today for me. A great day.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Ann W on March 26, 2019, 11:50:00 PM
I bought a new sleeveless dress yesterday. I thought I would never wear a sleeveless dress because my arms are so big. Then, my friend, a style guru, gifted me a sleeveless dress, saying it was perfect for me. Shazam. She was right. So, yesterday, I went out and bought another one. Wearing a sleeveless dress is SO EMPOWERING! OMG, it's so lovely. I wore my new dress ALL DAY today. I happen to own a gorgeous necklace and matching earrings, and I wore them, too.

I went to the movies today; first time in a very long time. I saw the new "Captain Marvel" film, starring Brie Larson. It was SO EMPOWERING! It is so amazing to watch a woman overcome and stand tall.

It's been cartwheels today for me. A great day.

Congrats and YAY!  I'm still fighting that one. If I go sleeveless the first thing I reach for next is some type of throw or light lace top to cover back up. I still have so much shoulder and back muscle :(
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: SiobhánF on March 26, 2019, 11:45:25 PM
Hey, trust me, that's why I edited it to apologize. I realized after posting my response that I was a bit harsh and jumped at you too hastily. I knew you meant well and I'm very excited for next week, regardless of how much it scares me a little. I've already come out, I just haven't been able to present at work, due to being active duty military. Now I get to be full time and never have to worry about whether I didn't wash out my mascara completely before work. lol. Cheers to you, dear! Sorry for the communication awkwardness lol. ^_^
Completely wash out mascara?  I've found that not to be possible.  Congrats on being yourself at work. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

The simple joys of life I felt!

Both of my boobs passed the notorious pencil test this morning!  >:-)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Colleen_definitely

My girlfriend made a shadow box that pretty accurately describes our relationship

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Colleen_definitely
Dear Colleen:
That was very sweet of your girlfriend... nicely done.
   BUT
..... The question that begs to be asked is.... which spoon represents you? ???

Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on March 27, 2019, 04:33:15 PM
My girlfriend made a shadow box that pretty accurately describes our relationship

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Colleen_definitely

The big one, I'm nine inches taller
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

CynthiaAnn

I received a raise this week at work, after all these years they still want to pay me more  :)

Grateful always

C -
  •  

KathyLauren

I was at a fast-food restaurant yesterday, ordering at the counter, and the server told me I had very pretty blue eyes.   :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on March 28, 2019, 11:38:05 AM
I was at a fast-food restaurant yesterday, ordering at the counter, and the server told me I had very pretty blue eyes.   :D

Squeee!

I was told something like that, too. He said my red scarf matched my eyes.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 28, 2019, 11:43:50 AM
Squeee!
I was told something like that, too. He said my red scarf matched my eyes
Stephanie
@KathyLauren
@Steph2.0

When I first relocated here to my small town as a full time woman I received lots of similar comments too...

I guess that my blues eyes, my smile, and blonde hair made quite an impression... and still today I am getting those kinds of nice-to-hear compliments!!!   

For any of us it is so very nice to hear those very affirming things!!!   
I hope that they never stop!

Stephanie:  I take it that the compliment about your "Red Eyes"  was not true???

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Squeee!

Stephanie
:icon_yikes:
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Faith

I love affirmative comments (yeah, don't we all) I have to work on taking them to heart.

Just a few minutes ago another new comment about my hair .. loved it .. even more so when she found out that the silver glitter mixed in was all natural.

On her way out she said, "Nice to meet you, keep looking beautiful".

Nothing about my eyes though. I'm disappointed.

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: Faith on March 28, 2019, 12:00:49 PM
I love affirmative comments (yeah, don't we all) I have to work on taking them to heart.

Just a few minutes ago another new comment about my hair .. loved it .. even more so when she found out that the silver glitter mixed in was all natural.

On her way out she said, "Nice to meet you, keep looking beautiful".

Nothing about my eyes though. I'm disappointed.
Squeee!

Stephanie
I think those all beat my completely unshaved direct from electrolysis face being ma'amed at the kwikie mart when I stopped for coffee.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Quote from: TonyaW on March 28, 2019, 12:22:13 PM
I think those all beat my completely unshaved direct from electrolysis face being ma'amed at the kwikie mart when I stopped for coffee.

I don't think so. Unsolicited, off-hand, not-at-your-best mail-fail trumps (sorry, no cursing) beats everything

•  

Ann W

I accidentally rediscovered something I remember hearing a long time ago. I decided to work on my posture and carriage, to give my femininity better expression, and found some instructional material on the web. When I started putting it into practice, my mood, self-esteem, etc., transformed instantly. This was the body directing the mind, something many people don't seem to be aware of.

I've been practicing when I go to the mall to walk for exercise. I get between 2 & 3 miles each day, and it gives me lots of practice. It feels just wonderful! Who knew that posture could be so important.

Something else has been happening, too. I may have mentioned somewhere, recently, that I was connecting more with feminine imagery; I think this is the real me, emerging after a very long sleep. Well, in just the last few days, I find myself reading the expressions of women and seeing new things. To what extent is it projection? I don't know. But it's a definite change. When I thought I was male, I didn't fit in anywhere -- not with men, certainly, and I wasn't included with women. Now, however, there's some kind of connection; women are less objectified, more human, more complex, more genuine, less scary. :) While advertising photos are highly stylized, they are nevertheless designed to express something real; and I find myself looking at some of these pictures and thinking, "I get it. I understand that emotion." It's just wonderful, and amazing, and I hope it never ends.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Ann W on March 28, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
I've been practicing when I go to the mall to walk for exercise. I get between 2 & 3 miles each day, and it gives me lots of practice. It feels just wonderful! Who knew that posture could be so important.

That's great Ann, walking is like talking(body language)...

Cynthia -
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Ann W  @CynthiaAnn
Thank for sharing your thoughts. 
I find that "mall walking" is not only great exercise but since I am very outgoing and not afraid to start a conversation with a stranger, it is also a good way to meet people, and one of my favorite advantages of mall walking or airport walking is that I can also do one of my favorite activities...  PEOPLE WATCHING...

I love to observe how people interact with each other, especially when I was first transitioning I would closely watch how women and girls interact with each other and interact with men....
...and also their body motions, how they walk, sit, eat, talk, etc.
I found it very helpful for sure.
Hugs,
Danielle

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on March 28, 2019, 01:29:37 PM
That's great Ann, walking is like talking(body language)...

Cynthia -

Quote from: Ann W on March 28, 2019, 01:23:00 PM
I accidentally rediscovered something I remember hearing a long time ago. I decided to work on my posture and carriage, to give my femininity better expression, and found some instructional material on the web. When I started putting it into practice, my mood, self-esteem, etc., transformed instantly. This was the body directing the mind, something many people don't seem to be aware of.

Something else has been happening, too. I may have mentioned somewhere, recently, that I was connecting more with feminine imagery; I think this is the real me, emerging after a very long sleep. Well, in just the last few days, I find myself reading the expressions of women and seeing new things. To what extent is it projection? I don't know. But it's a definite change. When I thought I was male, I didn't fit in anywhere -- not with men, certainly, and I wasn't included with women. Now, however, there's some kind of connection; women are less objectified, more human, more complex, more genuine, less scary. :) While advertising photos are highly stylized, they are nevertheless designed to express something real; and I find myself looking at some of these pictures and thinking, "I get it. I understand that emotion." It's just wonderful, and amazing, and I hope it never ends.

•  

steph2.0

Yes, posture and "the walk!" In the early days I would take my dog for walks in the woods, and when I was sure no one could see, I'd practice. It wasn't easy, and it took constant concentration not to slouch and look at the ground as I'd done for most of my life.

I'd seen the YouTube videos and read all about it, and so much of it is BS. I was suspicious, so I went to a mall and just sat and watched women for an hour. Not one of them "put one foot directly in front of the other." They all swung their arms in all different ways. We're not on a catwalk at a fashion show!

What I learned is we should walk with our head up and looking around, hands out of pockets, swing our arms slightly outward to clear our hips (whether you've actually got them or not), tilt your wrist out a little if you're carrying a bag, or better, carry it in the crook of your arm, and give a little thought to dropping your hip a little as you step (but don't overdo it!). 

It's about two years later and two things happened lately to open my eyes on how far I've come. I was out shopping with my Bestie, and we had to walk single file in a narrow space. Unknown to me, she videoed me from behind as I was walking. Then just a few weeks ago we were testing her drone in "follow-me" mode. We were walking along with the drone tracking and recording in our left.

In both cases when I saw the videos I was amazed at how feminine my walk had become. In neither case was I even thinking about it. Just moving forward.

Practice a little and tell yourself occasionally what you should be doing. After a while it becomes natural.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•