Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 4.0

Started by V M, November 16, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemons

Quote from: Mickie on November 17, 2014, 05:38:05 PM
if I were to see you on the street, I would not for a second peg you as male.

People seem to all the time.
  •  

Mickie

Quote from: lemons on November 17, 2014, 08:29:20 PM
well maybe it's just the particular pics, but I once dated a girl that looks like you  in the pic :P
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

Lyric

Quote from: lemons on November 17, 2014, 11:16:21 AM
I feel like my head size clocks me as male more than anything else.

Not really. Many women have proportionally larger heads-- Vanna White for instance. Every women has body issues she has to manage and head size is certainly manageable-- though I don't see yours as looking all that large to me. Careful clothing choices and hairstyles can help a lot with this.

I think you have a very cute face and a very feminine profile. You'll have no trouble with this stuff. I'd love to see your hair longer, too, though.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

kaye

Quote from: Hanazono on November 17, 2014, 09:47:32 PM
you have a great body
I think you will look even better if you introduce some volume in your hair to set off the relative length of your face (I don't mean this offensively)

It's ok,  I know what you mean.  What's the best way to create volume?
Transition Phase 4 (of 5).
  •  

Lostkitten

Quote from: kaye on November 17, 2014, 09:59:34 PM
It's ok,  I know what you mean.  What's the best way to create volume?

Flip your hair over, like, bend forward so your hair hangs down. Put some wax/gel/whatever the word is in your hands and rub it trough your hair, then flip it back. There, volume :D! Then style it a little better (with your hands) and keep it in place with hairspray :p.

Otherwise, sleep with braids in and take them out in the morning, or buy volume products.

Quote from: lemons on November 17, 2014, 08:29:20 PM

How tall are you? How narrow minded it may seem.. people on the streets are. The way you look I neither would see you as a male but if you were just as tall as me, then I would. Then the hair would be the reason together with the being tall to assume you are a guy, if I didn't knew you.
:D Want to see me ramble, talk about experiences or explaining about gender dysphoria? :D
http://thedifferentperspectives3000.blogspot.nl/
  •  

ssneha23

I am thinking if getting rid of my wig. I am in the process of growing my hair. Do you think it's fine for me to lose the wig...

•  

Brenda E

Quote from: Illuminess on November 17, 2014, 12:56:58 AMTomorrow afternoon, I go to the clinic for my endo referral. Check out what they have on their New Patient form:

That is how every intake form should be.

(You look great, Illuminess, BTW!)
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: ssneha23 on November 18, 2014, 09:46:18 AM
I am thinking if getting rid of my wig. I am in the process of growing my hair. Do you think it's fine for me to lose the wig...

I think you can hun. You look all girl to me. Of course it is up to you tho. A lot of women wear their hair the way your natural hair is styled. Get some nice dangler earrings and your good to go!

Ally :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Allyda on November 18, 2014, 07:41:20 PM
I think you can hun. You look all girl to me. Of course it is up to you tho. A lot of women wear their hair the way your natural hair is styled. Get some nice dangler earrings and your good to go!

Ally :icon_flower:

I second what Ally said completely!
  •  

ssneha23

Quote from: amber roskamp on November 18, 2014, 07:56:16 PM
I second what Ally said completely!
Thank you Ally and Amber that really helped my confidence..
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: ssneha23 on November 18, 2014, 08:16:41 PM
Thank you Ally and Amber that really helped my confidence..

the dangler earings would look really good with that style.
  •  

V M

I think you look great either way, and yup, it's time to get a nice earring collection going  :icon_chick:

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

ostlerdev

hey, I know it is my first post here, but i just wanted to see what some of you think... The first picture is with me dressed up a little, and the second is after i rolled out of bed, almost litterally, lol. Anyways, i started HRT in April of 2014, and i started full time at school this fall (I am at college) but got gendered as a guy too many times and panicked... so I am kinda dropping out for now... lol...

EDIT: I forgot to add that the pictures were taken around 1-2 months ago respectively... my hair is a bit longer, so i am planning on getting it cut into a long pixie, with rainbow dye :)

•  

JustFirefly

•  

lemons

Quote from: Kirey on November 18, 2014, 06:20:25 AM
How tall are you? How narrow minded it may seem.. people on the streets are. The way you look I neither would see you as a male but if you were just as tall as me, then I would. Then the hair would be the reason together with the being tall to assume you are a guy, if I didn't knew you.

So I've dressed like that at work and been read as female maybe like...5-30% of the time in the past few months to a year.  Outside of work I have no idea what to wear to keep me warm and be seen as female because everything warm looks super bulky on me and makes my head look huge and I always get gendered as male 100% of the time because of it.  I'm exactly 6 feet btw.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: lemons on November 19, 2014, 12:41:35 PM
So I've dressed like that at work and been read as female maybe like...5-30% of the time in the past few months to a year.  Outside of work I have no idea what to wear to keep me warm and be seen as female because everything warm looks super bulky on me and makes my head look huge and I always get gendered as male 100% of the time because of it.  I'm exactly 6 feet btw.

6 ft is pretty tall... I am there as well. there are actually a lot of women that height. most of my ex's were the same height as me.

If you feel bulky maybe lose some weight. I am not saying you are fat, but most tall women that look uber feminine are pretty skinny. I really dont like to tell people to lose weight because its rude so im sorry if i offended you. unfortunately, thats the only way that i can help you. You look good in pictures, but it is easier to pass in a photograph then in real life.

Just keep your head up even though you arent a 100% pass doesnt mean you arent beautiful. You chose a less feminine presentation despite the fact that it would be harder to "pass", and you rock it. So kudos to you for staying true to yourself and not conforming to how society paints the image of what a women should be
  •  

lemons

Quote from: amber roskamp on November 19, 2014, 04:22:40 PM
6 ft is pretty tall... I am there as well. there are actually a lot of women that height. most of my ex's were the same height as me.

If you feel bulky maybe lose some weight. I am not saying you are fat, but most tall women that look uber feminine are pretty skinny. I really dont like to tell people to lose weight because its rude so im sorry if i offended you. unfortunately, thats the only way that i can help you. You look good in pictures, but it is easier to pass in a photograph then in real life.

Just keep your head up even though you arent a 100% pass doesnt mean you arent beautiful. You chose a less feminine presentation despite the fact that it would be harder to "pass", and you rock it. So kudos to you for staying true to yourself and not conforming to how society paints the image of what a women should be

I'm already pretty thin, I mean, this is my body in just underwear:

*** pic removed at request of member ***

I lost a bunch of weight, not sur how much more I could lose but I'm about 160 lbs now.
  •  

ostlerdev

Quote from: lemons on November 19, 2014, 10:26:56 PM
I'm already pretty thin, I mean, this is my body in just underwear:

*** pic removed at request of member ***

I lost a bunch of weight, not sur how much more I could lose but I'm about 160 lbs now.
cute! I dont think I could ever get the courage to post a picture of me in my underwear, but you look very feminine! I would just think you were cis if I met you! If I can ask, how did you lose all that weight?
  •  

lemons

Quote from: ostlerdev on November 19, 2014, 11:54:38 PM
cute! I dont think I could ever get the courage to post a picture of me in my underwear, but you look very feminine! I would just think you were cis if I met you! If I can ask, how did you lose all that weight?

I got horribly depressed about my body (ironically) lost my appetite and in doing so dropped about 15-20 lbs.

I do not recommend this.

Also my body is not as girly as it seems in reality, I still look bulky in most women's tops.  Wide chest and square shoulders and all, along with a massive square male sized head that never falls into female ranges.
  •  

ostlerdev

Quote from: lemons on November 20, 2014, 12:20:28 AM
I got horribly depressed about my body (ironically) lost my appetite and in doing so dropped about 15-20 lbs.

I do not recommend this.

Also my body is not as girly as it seems in reality, I still look bulky in most women's tops.  Wide chest and square shoulders and all, along with a massive square male sized head that never falls into female ranges.
I weigh around 180 right now, but used to weigh around 280, but yeah, around the same thing for me, just lack of appetite.

Anyways, I think it is a mix of finding the right clothes and just confidence honestly. Are you wearing tight fitting clothing? Clothes that show your chest or like a guys T-Shirt? Because i have found that it matters a decent amount.
  •