Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous, darling!" 6.0

Started by V M, December 07, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonia

So far I've not had any issues travelling on my old passport, more odd looks from airline staff but the customs and immigration people all seem to be very well trained and polite.

I've gone to the US twice, no problems.

Quote from: barbie on February 09, 2015, 11:22:38 AM
Antonia, a nice photo.

It was far easier to travel by airplane than I had expected. So far, nobody asked something on my gender in the airport, including those in foreign countries. I take airplane about 100 times per year. Security people themselves are very busy checking hundred and thousands passengers every day.

I am not quite sure in the case of the U.S., but nobody yet asked about my gender or clothes in the airports of North America.

My recent photo in the airport.

barbie~~
  •  

ChiGirl

Barbie, from the photos you've posted, I can tell you love the miniskirts.  And if I had your legs, I'd be rocking them, too.  Consider yourself fabulous! [emoji1]
  •  

barbie

Quote from: antonia on February 09, 2015, 11:38:51 AM
So far I've not had any issues travelling on my old passport, more odd looks from airline staff but the customs and immigration people all seem to be very well trained and polite.

I've gone to the US twice, no problems.
Antonia,

Canada is one of the best transgender-friendly countries, isn't it?
A woman from Canada once politely asked me which gender pronoun I prefer to be called, and I replied "She!"
An old professor from BC said to be that schools in Canada already started education on transgender.

barbie~~

Quote from: ChiGirl on February 09, 2015, 12:24:29 PM
Barbie, from the photos you've posted, I can tell you love the miniskirts.  And if I had your legs, I'd be rocking them, too.  Consider yourself fabulous! [emoji1]

Thanks!

My close colleagues strongly recommend me to wear leggings, jeans or longer skirts. They seem to be tired of my miniskirts (I have about 30 miniskirts).

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

antonia

I'm so happy to be living here, there are still some places which are probably not as accepting (think smaller mining/lumber towns) but compared to most places we've got it pretty good. The education and legal rights is present in some of our provinces but not quite there on a federal level, at this time I think it's just a matter of time really.

Then again I've travelled twice to the southern US in the last 6 months and honestly had no problems anywhere I went, granted I did try to stay out of trouble and not go anywhere where I might be in any danger but for me it still feels like we've come a long way in the last few years.

Quote from: barbie on February 09, 2015, 01:34:00 PM
Antonia,

Canada is one of the best transgender-friendly countries, isn't it?
A woman from Canada once politely asked me which gender pronoun I prefer to be called, and I replied "She!"
An old professor from BC said to be that schools in Canada already started education on transgender.
  •  

barbie

It's 5 AM here, and I am at my office.
Strangely I am frequently enthralled by my self image in the mirror.
I am sure that I am an extreme narcissist.
People around me also like me more and more.
But some mention the thing between my legs, and I protest against it, saying that people should be evaluated based on their whole picture, not by the tiny thing for reproduction.

A selfie just ago.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

misty2

Quote from: Jessie Ann on February 08, 2015, 11:36:18 PM
Thanks Madison!  I am really really really new to all of this.  I kinda think I was going to a funeral, a funeral for my old self. 

I'm still getting used to trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.  Is there a FAQ for dressing the mid 50's 6'2" transgendered woman??  I really do need to get some idea of what works and what doesn't.  The only way to learn is to ask so, no, I don't think it is rude at all. 

The picture doesn't show it good but I was wearing black and gold leggings and not nylons.  I wore the boots because they are the only flats that I have right now and I didn't want to wear heals.  I am going to get stated on HRT shortly so I will probably have to hold off on getting any jeans until I discover how I am going to respond to it :( 

Hopefully my bust will fill in similar to my daughters and no one will notice my shoulders or hands :o

Madison's advice is excellent. I would like add that height really is not something that will get a person clocked. It is all about face (ffs + hormones) Beard (laser if possible) and voice.

Hand size will diminish enough with hormones enough to not be a tell. So will shoulders and ribcage ... not to mention other areas of fat redistribution and muscle changes.

Also, I have read the body changes continue far longer than most of us understand. Perhaps as much as five years... or even seven years. Also there is a bump in effectiveness with SRS or Orchi.

Back to clothing. Madison has it nailed. Black for areas to de-emphisize... bright colors and prints for areas to emphasize. A black v-neck top with 3/4 sleeves is magic. But white can work too if the skirt were a wonderfully bright color.

Look for websites like this:

http://www.youbeauty.com/body-fitness/dressing-for-your-body-type?page=3

Most of us fall into the: "Inverted Triangle" Body Shape (there is even a name for it for all women, not just trans women.)

Best features. A tapered torso, trim waist and killer legs make you look confident and fit.

Common pitfalls. Your legs are typically well-sculpted, so your instinct may be to show them off with fitted leggings. That works if you're wearing a long top (below your booty), but in general, you want to add volume to your lower half.

Tops
You look great in cowl necks and deep V-necks that help minimize a stronger upper body. Go for simple, fuss-free shirts (no ruffles!). For feminine flair, tops with gently draped fabric or flutter sleeves add movement and softness. Embrace your inner flapper, and rock a drop-waist dress—a look that few can pull off!

Bottoms
You want to amplify your lower half to match the fullness of your upper body. Choose wide-leg pants or long skirts to create balance. As a general rule, look for flowy, full-bodied pants and skirts that make your lower body look bigger (yes, that's a good thing).

Fabrics and Flair
Have fun with embellished, detailed shoes to call attention down,  (A reason to buy shoes? Umm, yes please!) The same goes for jewelry: Keep jewelry minimal on top, but get creative with bangles and rings to accessorize an outfit. Choose light colors and prints below the belt, and stick to darker colors on top for a more balanced look. Also, consider the size of your purse. A small purse will amplify your torso. Carry larger purses at your side or in the bend of your arm to avoid adding volume on top.

From http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/shopping-guide/youre-rectangle

The Rectangle

With little definition at the waist, this straight-up-and-down figure is often considered boyish. Opt for styles that fit snugly at your middle but flare out at the bottom (whether it's a skirt or pants) to create curves.

Styles to avoid: Dresses that are tight all over and anything too flowy or unstructured around the waist, like Empire-waist tops.

For pants try Boot-Cut Pants

A slim fit at the hips that graduates to slightly wider hems gives the impression of all-around shapeliness.

Fitted Jackets are great... "A nipped-in blazer creates a waist and the appearance of fuller hips," says Isaac Mizrahi

Flared Skirts are great... A flouncy hem contrasted with a tapered waist gives the illusion of an hourglass.

There are many more tips. Just type, "clothing styles for inverted triangle" or "best clothes for recatangle body shape."

Many photos and celebrity examples are also available.

Kind regards,

Danielle
  •  

Lyric

Quote from: Annabolton on February 07, 2015, 06:56:41 PM
well not trying to sound arrogant or like cocky or anything but it is called the "you look fabulous" thread.

Indeed. Well, to be truthful I always bring up the "Do I Pass" and this thread at the same time and apparently mixed them up. Anyway, I'd say you totally fit the description of fabulous.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

misty2

Antonia, a nice photo.

It was far easier to travel by airplane than I had expected. So far, nobody asked something on my gender in the airport, including those in foreign countries. I take airplane about 100 times per year. Security people themselves are very busy checking hundred and thousands passengers every day.

I am not quite sure in the case of the U.S., but nobody yet asked about my gender or clothes in the airports of North America.

At the airport of my home town.

At Fukuoka international airport, Japan

barbie~~

Barbie, you do look fabu. The topic was fashion and then you pop up with a couple of outfits that are oh-so-close to sexy but still hold the line. The shape and print of the skater skirt are perfect to highlight your long legs. Because the tights (below the print skirt) are monochrome and opaque (mostly) to the matching shoes, the combo attenuates what could have been over the line sky high heels. It all works so well. Often those heels would be too much for daytime, particularly at an airport. You pull it off. The icing is the detail of the tights poking out below the print skirt. Not too busy, just the right amount of busy, just right to pull the eye down to the never ending legs of which only the outline is revealed. Just enough demure to keep everyone well-behaved. Very nice. Same for the zig-zag detail of the peplum of that top in your later post. That is a perfect top.
  •  

Jessie Ann

Quote from: misty2 on February 09, 2015, 08:13:14 PM
Madison's advice is excellent. I would like add that height really is not something that will get a person clocked. It is all about face (ffs + hormones) Beard (laser if possible) and voice.

Hand size will diminish enough with hormones enough to not be a tell. So will shoulders and ribcage ... not to mention other areas of fat redistribution and muscle changes.

Also, I have read the body changes continue far longer than most of us understand. Perhaps as much as five years... or even seven years. Also there is a bump in effectiveness with SRS or Orchi.

Back to clothing. Madison has it nailed. Black for areas to de-emphisize... bright colors and prints for areas to emphasize. A black v-neck top with 3/4 sleeves is magic. But white can work too if the skirt were a wonderfully bright color.

Look for websites like this:

http://www.youbeauty.com/body-fitness/dressing-for-your-body-type?page=3

From http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/shopping-guide/youre-rectangle

There are many more tips. Just type, "clothing styles for inverted triangle" or "best clothes for recatangle body shape."

Kind regards,

Danielle

Danielle

Thank you so much for the references.  Because I am in a profession that will require business attire during the day some of those suggestions were perfect to get me thinking about what I am going to need to do.  I haven't started HRT but I will schedule my first appointment today.  I'm not sure how soon I am going to be coming out at work but I am going to have to buy a completely new wardrobe for work.   

I only hope that in the next few years I can look half as good as you do in that Versace dress.  You look so totally hot in that girl!!

Thanks again for those links and for the hope that some of those things I am worried about can change with the HRT.

Jessie
  •  

galaxy

Quote from: antonia on February 08, 2015, 10:41:52 PM
Had a stopover in Atlanta tonight as my flight back to Toronto was delayed, snapped a picture at the airport.

It's also getting to be more and more awkward to travel on my 8 y/o passport with old name/photos :P

The photo has something really spacey. You look great!
  •  

antonia

Thanks!

Yeah, something about that picture just struck me :)

Quote from: galaxy on February 10, 2015, 10:21:44 AM
The photo has something really spacey. You look great!
  •  

Rotika

Quote from: Annabolton on February 07, 2015, 04:24:04 PM
I think I finally pass... like "legit pass" maybe? brutal honesty would be great cause I don't wanna be delusional...

Sorry. But now I must stalk you. lol
  •  

Joanne Feliz

Antonia, a nice photo.

barbie~~

Wow barbie,  you loook super great!

女の子の中で、バビーさが一番かわいいです!
  •  

noleen111

Antonia, a nice photo.

barbie~~

Wow barbie, you always look so great.. I see you really like the fishnet stocking.. I also love wearing them... as you have shown, they do look classy..

I love wear my fishnets under long dresses with silt (got to have the slit.. to show off the stockings) I have a few pairs, similar to yours
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

EllieM

Anna. No delusion here. You are passing easily, and you should know that I have HIGH standards.
-ellie

Quote from: Annabolton on February 07, 2015, 04:24:04 PM
I think I finally pass... like "legit pass" maybe? brutal honesty would be great cause I don't wanna be delusional...

•  

Ellesmira the Duck

I think I may have found the most flattering angle for myself, laying on my back with the camera pointed down. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.
Live a life with no regrets and be the person you know you were meant to be.

I am a weird girl, I like video games and skirts, swords and nail polish, sharks and black lace...not sure if that's normal, definitely sure that I don't care. =P
  •  

jessical

Quote from: Ellesmira the Duck on February 11, 2015, 11:17:43 PM
I think I may have found the most flattering angle for myself, laying on my back with the camera pointed down. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.

You remind me of a cis-gender female friend I used to work with, but you are cuter ;)
  •  

Ellesmira the Duck

Aww, you're too nice Jess. And it's a -really- good angle. I wish I looked that nice all the time >_< Still, when I see that I look more like my youngest sister then I look like how I was a year ago.
Live a life with no regrets and be the person you know you were meant to be.

I am a weird girl, I like video games and skirts, swords and nail polish, sharks and black lace...not sure if that's normal, definitely sure that I don't care. =P
  •  

Damara

Quote from: Ellesmira the Duck on February 11, 2015, 11:17:43 PM

This is my fave angle for my self as well! lol! <3 you look adorable!
  •  

barbie

Quote from: ChiGirl on February 09, 2015, 12:24:29 PM

Yes, ChiGirl. I have more than 30 miniskirts in my wardrobe. My friends and colleagues seem to be tired of seeing my wearing miniskirt nearly every day.

Thanks!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •