Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Gamers, what are you playing right now? 2.0

Started by Sephirah, December 09, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Kylo on January 07, 2017, 05:52:52 PM
Alien: Isolation

WANT. Tell me it's worth it. Y.Y

Quote from: zamber74 on January 07, 2017, 06:20:09 PM
I've been bit by the nostalgia bug, I was just playing Populous a bit ago, I love that game.  I also played Rock 'n Roll racing on my snes emulator - great game.  I want to play some Warcraft III but am unsure where I put my backup of it.  Otherwise still World of Warcraft, I moved over to a BC server now, and having a lot of fun. 

I'm pretty sure I don't use my warcraft 3 discs anymore, if you still have your CD keys, I digital download everything from my b.net account now.

Also, aren't WoW private servers ('classic' servers) a gigantic heatscore? >.> I've been tempted to save my money a bit more for more important things..
  •  

SpeakYourMind

•  

zamber74

Quote from: Angela Drakken on January 13, 2017, 08:15:26 PM
Also, aren't WoW private servers ('classic' servers) a gigantic heatscore? >.> I've been tempted to save my money a bit more for more important things..

No, not really.  I am not running the servers, I just play on them.  I don't think there has ever been a case against a player on private servers for WoW.   Not that I am trying to steer you or other people to a life of crime  :o  I think my chances of getting sued over this, are probably less than of me winning the lottery.

I think of it much like jaywalking, now I am just paranoid I am going to get banned from the forum for even discussing it though. 

Kids, stay away from private servers!
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: zamber74 on January 14, 2017, 12:17:45 AM
No, not really.  I am not running the servers, I just play on them.  I don't think there has ever been a case against a player on private servers for WoW.   Not that I am trying to steer you or other people to a life of crime  :o  I think my chances of getting sued over this, are probably less than of me winning the lottery.

I think of it much like jaywalking, now I am just paranoid I am going to get banned from the forum for even discussing it though. 

Kids, stay away from private servers!

:haha

I think it was only a risk for players who were using both, private servers and paid subs for WoW, Blizzard would permaban them. I'm personally waiting for the day they officially kill the subscription model on WoW and move to microtransactions like GW;2 and other MMORPGs. I'm a sucker for buying pretty outfits for my avatars..! >.<
  •  

zamber74

Quote from: Angela Drakken on January 14, 2017, 05:49:22 PM
:haha

I think it was only a risk for players who were using both, private servers and paid subs for WoW, Blizzard would permaban them. I'm personally waiting for the day they officially kill the subscription model on WoW and move to microtransactions like GW;2 and other MMORPGs. I'm a sucker for buying pretty outfits for my avatars..! >.<

Yeah, I cancelled my subscription about a year ago for WoW.  After cata, I just could not find as much enjoyment because the leveling process was completely changed.  I haven't even tried legion yet.  With wow I'm an altahoic, and find leveling to be the most fun aspect of the game.  I'm more into traditional gaming when it comes to MMOs, I even play the original EverQuest from time to time, leveling was always a significant factor of the game. 

I had some nice outfits for my characters on WoW before I left though, and they finally allowed the option to remove the should pads.  My night elf always looked off with those huge pads on her. 

I know a lot of wow players despise the f2p model, but I look forward to it as well.  I wouldn't mind paying for the expansions, but the monthly fee adds up, especially when I grow bored with it.  I too would like to see more outfits, as I enjoy coordinating a nice outfit for my characters.  I would also like to see player housing, which any decent MMO should have.  That is one of the things I absolutely love about RIFT, they have a great system for creating your own home. 
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: zamber74 on January 15, 2017, 10:13:59 AM
Yeah, I cancelled my subscription about a year ago for WoW.  After cata, I just could not find as much enjoyment because the leveling process was completely changed.  I haven't even tried legion yet.  With wow I'm an altahoic, and find leveling to be the most fun aspect of the game.  I'm more into traditional gaming when it comes to MMOs, I even play the original EverQuest from time to time, leveling was always a significant factor of the game. 

I had some nice outfits for my characters on WoW before I left though, and they finally allowed the option to remove the should pads.  My night elf always looked off with those huge pads on her. 

I know a lot of wow players despise the f2p model, but I look forward to it as well.  I wouldn't mind paying for the expansions, but the monthly fee adds up, especially when I grow bored with it.  I too would like to see more outfits, as I enjoy coordinating a nice outfit for my characters.  I would also like to see player housing, which any decent MMO should have.  That is one of the things I absolutely love about RIFT, they have a great system for creating your own home.
The WoW tokens are as close to free as it gets right now. I love the transmog option now to whip up cool outfits. >.<
  •  

Eevee

I've been playing a Korean MMO called Mabinogi. I usually end up disliking all MMOs that I try out, but this one is sticking a bit better. I hope that lasts.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Angela Drakken

Restarting Final Fantasy VIII while disecting the 'Squall is dead' theory to see if its really as credible as they claim.. An old favourite of mine, VIII was the installment that initially got me into the franchise. :3
  •  

April_Girl

Quote from: zamber74 on January 15, 2017, 10:13:59 AM
I know a lot of wow players despise the f2p model, but I look forward to it as well.

BAH lol

I hate games with cash shops and would sooner pay a sub, the so called free to play model is the worst thing to ever happen to mmo's and just fills a game with pay wall's to make you sub anyway and then you also end up spending more on cosmetics and mounts.

I hate free to play and cash shops with a passion!
Like Gaming? Join me on Discord
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: April_Girl on January 18, 2017, 01:18:44 PM
BAH lol

I hate games with cash shops and would sooner pay a sub, the so called free to play model is the worst thing to ever happen to mmo's and just fills a game with pay wall's to make you sub anyway and then you also end up spending more on cosmetics and mounts.

I hate free to play and cash shops with a passion!
I dont think all free 2 play games follow the same business model as SW;ToR [emoji1]
Freemium does get annoying though. (Pay to win?)
  •  

Korra-

•  

ghostbees

Quote from: Jera on December 17, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
About two months ago, I lost a very good friend.

This is where I met her (a couple years even before it was face to face): www.lusternia.com

It's a text game, and it takes a lot of time to really get into. But the addiction happens. Kate was a PvP hero here (there's even an in-game monument to her, created when we learned she died), and I haven't been able to stop playing since.

It's super trans-friendly (hell, you can even RP a trans character if you want, gender switching is common enough), and nobody bats an eyelash about anything gender/sexuality related. At all. It's a very comfortable place to be.
I might try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

SarahMarie1987

The Wind Waker. For Gamecube actually. Not the HD remake. I prefer the original mostly because the cell shading looks better.
"I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes"- Pink
  •  

April_Girl

Giving wildstar another go, only levelled to 15 over a year ago, just fired it up and completly lost lol
  •  

ghostbees

Has anyone played Undertale?

•  

April_Girl

Quote from: ghostbees on January 20, 2017, 04:46:55 PM
Has anyone played Undertale?

Sorry not yet, but Giant Bomb rave about it, so will get around to it at somepoint
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: April_Girl on January 20, 2017, 05:17:17 PM
Sorry not yet, but Giant Bomb rave about it, so will get around to it at somepoint
It's very good and possibly one of the best games I've ever played it's rich in story and the characters are wonderful

•  

ghostbees

I've played a game that was LGBT focussed and it dealt with destroying monsters which were actually people and you face your demons
I've forgotten the name though

•  

NikkiB51

Skyrim Remastered is consuming me right now.  PC wise Sims 4
  •  

ghostbees

Quote from: dbramer on January 20, 2017, 05:44:06 PM
Skyrim Remastered is consuming me right now.  PC wise Sims 4
I've got sims 3[emoji13]
I wanna get 4 though is it good?