Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Take Action!!! Be a Part of the 2015 U.S. Trans Survey!!

Started by serenityfaith, March 02, 2015, 10:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serenityfaith

THE U.S. TRANS SURVEY LAUNCHES SUMMER 2015!!!! I've signed up! Its time to be heard!!

"ABOUT THE SURVEY
The U.S. Trans Survey is the new name of the largest survey ever devoted to the lives and experiences of trans people. It is the follow up to the groundbreaking National Transgender Discrimination Survey (NTDS), which was developed by the National LGBTQ Task Force and NCTE and released in the 2011 report called Injustice at Every Turn.

The NTDS has been the source for data on trans people and has provided critical information for advocates, policymakers, media, and academics with over 15,000 media hits. The USTS will be conducted every 5 years to learn about trans people's experiences over time, how things are changing, and what needs to be done to improve the lives of trans people.

The USTS is a survey for all trans identities, including trans, genderqueer, and non-binary people, and will be the largest and most diverse trans sample to date. The USTS is our community's survey: the USTS data set and results will be available to community advocates, organizations, and researchers for years to come."

QUOTED FROM: http://www.ustranssurvey.org/

Mod Note- Link allowed per instructions from Susan
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues." ― Elizabeth Taylor <3

•  

mrs izzy

Have it sitting here for the time being.

Need to run it by Susan to see her wishes on this one.

Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

serenityfaith

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues." ― Elizabeth Taylor <3

•  

Zumbagirl

Was I discriminated against for being trans? Yes

Does it bother me? No

Do I want somebody to do something (whatever that something is) about it? No

I took some kind of survey years ago (maybe 10 or more years ago). It didn't make any difference then and it won't make any difference now. I don't want to be a negative nancy but I don't see the purpose.
  •  

serenityfaith

Quote from: Zumbagirl on March 04, 2015, 02:14:37 PM

Does it bother me? No

I took some kind of survey years ago (maybe 10 or more years ago). It didn't make any difference then and it won't make any difference now. I don't want to be a negative nancy but I don't see the purpose.
If you think its pointless then keep living your life happily and redirect your attention away from this thread honey. Because you're being just that. A negative nancy.

•  

serenityfaith

Quote from: Zumbagirl on March 04, 2015, 02:14:37 PM

Does it bother me? No

And another thing.. YES ONE VOICE WONT MAKE A DENT. But 1000 voices will! And in order to get 1000 voices you have to input your ONE VOICE.

•  

serenityfaith

•  

Eevee

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

serenityfaith

•  

serenityfaith

"You MUST be the CHANGE you wish to see in the WORLD" -- Mahatma Ghandi <3

•  

Eveline

Eveline

Twitter: @evelineacarr
Facebook: eveline.a.carr
LinkedIn: evelinecarr

•  

serenityfaith

•  

Cyber Warrior

•  

Allison_andrea

Thank you for sharing this, as someone new to transitioning, I want to share what I know and experience so maybe down the road someone else will be able to not have a road block.
  •  

serenityfaith

Quote from: Allison_andrea on March 09, 2015, 10:33:38 PM
Thank you for sharing this, as someone new to transitioning, I want to share what I know and experience so maybe down the road someone else will be able to not have a road block.
Exactly!! :)

•  

serenityfaith

•  

urchin

Count me in, and spreading this once it's out.

aw no gifs on here
  •  

Sunderland

I wonder if there's any point in me participating since I haven't personally experienced anything significantly negative related to being trans? Would my input be useful in any way?
  •  

Rotika

Signed up. Can't wait. I may not have been wearing these heels as long as most.. But I know my voice may help in some way. And I def want to make all our lives better.
  •