Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

New here - coming out to wife tonight -nervous

Started by DanaDane, January 30, 2015, 02:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiGirl

Hi, Dana.  That's so wonderful to hear.  It's amazing how lifting a secret can do wonders for a relationship.  Hugs!
  •  

DanaDane

Quote from: ChiGirl on March 27, 2015, 11:05:39 PM
Hi, Dana.  That's so wonderful to hear.  It's amazing how lifting a secret can do wonders for a relationship.  Hugs!

It's pretty freaking amazing.

Can't wait for 4/20. 

•  

DanaDane

•  

synesthetic

•  

Laurie K

Im so happy for you  it reaaly helps when you have someone in your corner

The ball is now rolling....I hope it doesnt run me 0ver
  •  

megan7777

so happy for you, you are lucky to hate a mate and partner who is supportive! buy any new clothes, or shoes lately?   :D
  •  

Aazhie

Just want to say it's amazing she is so supportive.  It can be tough for loved ones as they might have had inklings but as humans are not real mind readers, for many it is often a shock and it can be easy to be upset and say hurtful things from either side.  My parents are pretty old fashioned but my dad knew a FTM gal from his work pretty well and knew a lot more than my mom did when I came out.  Mom was freaked out about surgery because she has had to take care of so many family members during big health issue procedures... back, heart, neck and all kinds of crazy things that her sisters and parents needed, so I can totally see why any parent/spouse or other family member would be leery of surgical procedures.  I made it very clear I didn't need more than top surgery and hormones and I think that helped a lot.  HRT is a big undertaking in itself and I hope you can ease into things well. 

:D  I am glad you have support and I hope things continue to be as good as they are and you and your family can remain communicative and supportive of one another. 
You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.
Johnny Cash
  •  

DanaDane

•  

katrinaw

Dana, Your story and acceptance is very uplifting to me, I pray that mine turns out half way as yours has... so happy for you  :-*

L Katy

Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

JenniferGreen

Quote from: anita.brown on February 27, 2015, 06:40:29 PM
I wish you a happy life together I am working at getting the wife on board myself we have agreed that we will both do our best to get through this as a couple .We have one huge hurdle in that she was brought up in an Irish Catholic area on the falls road in Belfast one of the most bigoted area in the world.but she is making great strides to come to terms with my transitioning.compromises and honesty are key factors in getting through Thais

I grew up on the other side of the falls road in the Protestant community.  I know how bigoted they were and still are on both sides.  However I was able to see how wrong that was and have now only got catholic friends back home.  Belfast has changed and I am sure you wife will have changed too.  Belfast now has its first gay Mayor and one of the old IRA bars at the bottom of the falls road is an LGBT bar.  You wife may take some time just the same as we have.  Count yourself lucky that you did not get caught by the British army and the RUC at a check point while dressed as a girl.  I did and it was not a great experience.  My best friend back home knows I am trans and is totally cool with it.  Says the priest at mass always wears a dress so it's no bit deal.!!
We are all lying in the gutter, its just that some of us are looking at the stars!
  •  

ToniB

Thanks JenniferGreen We have found A lovely Anglo/Catholic Church near us and They have accepted us into their fold I can even get Communion in my feminine clothing .That has been a big help for us .my wife feels better with her faith still supported.And hopefully seing that a priest can accept and support Me that It is OK for her too as well .The whole congregation came up to us and welcomed us and said we are very welcome to join them all
The girl inside is just as important expecially to Yourself :)
  •  

JenniferGreen

Wow Anita. That's great to have found a church that accepts you. That's what I call a true Christian church.  Just about love, faith and acceptance.  With churches like that the faith will survive.  Unlike some of the trans phobic congregations we hear about in the news who seem to have missed the point entirely.  Still, none of us are perfect though. Peace be with you. Jx
We are all lying in the gutter, its just that some of us are looking at the stars!
  •  

ToniB

And also with You and everybody else on this wonderful site

Anita
  •  

JenniferGreen

Your welcome. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Mariah

Anita that is fantastic news. I'm glad hear you found a place of worship and their allowing to take communion as your authentic self. Congrats. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

ToniB

Thank You Mariah having a place You can follow your believes without prejudice is a wonderful release . we had started to lose faith with the Catholic church .but finding this Anglo/Catholic church was a real treat  :)

Anita
  •