News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukabear

Quote from: Boo Stew on August 07, 2015, 07:57:58 AM
For a first attempt, it's really strong. This is just my opinion but I'm not a huge fan of doing the black liner all the way around, especially inner edges. It tends to make the eyes look smaller.  I would start just before the inner edge and maybe give a little flick at the outer or if you really want the all around look, make sure it's not all one thickness, smudge it up and go for a smoky eye. You can look up on youtube how to do it if you're confused, there's a million tutorials.

Thanks for the tips! :)

I saw a tutorial online for how to make eyes look bigger using white eyeliner, but I can't seem to find any in the stores I look in.  Are there certain brands of makeup that seem to flatter us transgender girls more?  I am on a tight budget so I can't afford any of the big name retailers. (maybe one day ;))
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: rukabear on August 07, 2015, 08:50:05 AM

I saw a tutorial online for how to make eyes look bigger using white eyeliner, but I can't seem to find any in the stores I look in.  Are there certain brands of makeup that seem to flatter us transgender girls more?  I am on a tight budget so I can't afford any of the big name retailers. (maybe one day ;))
Target
  •  

Boo Stew

Quote from: rukabear on August 07, 2015, 08:50:05 AM

Assuming you're in the US. I second Target. Also, Bed Bath and Beyond and Ulta have good selections at reasonable prices. I know NYX makes a suitable white eyeliner pencil which is like $8 at Target.
  •  

rukabear

Quote from: Boo Stew on August 07, 2015, 01:11:05 PM
Assuming you're in the US. I second Target. Also, Bed Bath and Beyond and Ulta have good selections at reasonable prices. I know NYX makes a suitable white eyeliner pencil which is like $8 at Target.

Thanks!  I found the exact one you mentioned at Target!  Will have to try it out and see if it looks more natural.  I LOVE the smokey eye look, and have always dreamed of being able to pull it off.
  •  

Missy D

Quote from: rukabear on August 07, 2015, 02:35:13 PM
Thanks!  I found the exact one you mentioned at Target!  Will have to try it out and see if it looks more natural.  I LOVE the smokey eye look, and have always dreamed of being able to pull it off.

You look fine - and not having sticky out tracheal tissue really helps. However just a couple of observations! Don't take this the wrong way, only I've been doing make-up in various forms for years. From extreme to daily stuff.

You need to get permanent hair removal. I can see what you've done with the foundation in order to cover any shadows. I've done it too, but heavy layers like that end up looking waxy. Ideally you need to get rid so you don't have to worry. As an interim measure a powder will fill in any flaws and give a better blend. Also you can use a base foundation with an orange pigment, such as a copper colour. This is good for hiding dark patches.

Going for such heavy foundation with too little on the eyes doesn't look natural. Doing a little bit more up there will cause people to look up, rather than down, which is nice. They're lovely and big so bring them out!! Don't be afraid of darker colours for eyeshadow. Also remember to use the edges of eyelids and sockets as start points, you don't seem quite to have got right to the edge of your eyelid. It stops too soon on one side, if that makes sense. You can, for extra glam, colour right up to your brow ridge. Maybe that's better in the evening? But if you do it can look amazing in a different colour. Blend them together with a neutral Kohl crayon in grey or black. And definitely mascara. Some. And if you're wearing it more. Dab on then curl your lashes up and down with nice strokes.

You've definitely got nice cheekbones. Really nice. Why not try contouring? Just a few streaks of a light foundation, vanilla or whatever, under your foundation can work. Or you can go darker on your actual cheeks. Just remember the top of your cheekbone needs to catch the light.

And finally your eyebrows. Really sorry but they're not the best I've seen. Grow them back and get them sorted out properly. They don't come far enough in at the centre and they're too thick at the outer edges. If you imagine the lines from the vertical part of your nose continuing up  your forehead (sounds weird), the eyebrow should touch that line. A good professional will use a stick to trace that line. Similarly the outer edge should be aligned with the tip of your nose. Which is good for balance, but you need a much more defined arch shape with hair taken from underneath. It doesn't cost a lot for wax or threading and it makes such a difference.

But we all have to learn these things. I've asked friends, colleagues, a beautician, even my Mum!!! No-one knows this stuff innately - it all has to be found out, no matter how you were born. Plus we'll (girls I mean) talk about it for hours.

Your hairstyle suits you and I like the top - love the pink. You've got a really nice face! It's round and it looks naturally feminine. You could, to me, do so much more with it  ;) So none of that's criticism - it's just me being honest.  :-*

Missy
"Melissa makes sense!" - my friend
  •  

saraht123

Hi people,

I am still pre hrt, but I was managing to blend in a bit earlier in the year wearing something like this:

Since then, I've been growing my hair out and hoping I won't have to use a wig for too much longer. I got a new style last weekend. It is still way too short though:

I'm a bit worried what I look like from behind. I'm really tall (6'1") and my shoulders/arms look quite bulky compared to my hips. I guess I will have to wear long sleeves forever, even in the summer:

Anyway, I thought I'd try and get some opinions since I have kind of lost perspective on what progress I'm making at the moment and whether there is anything unfixable about me.

Have a lovely weekend!
  •  

Sammy

Quote from: saraht123 on August 08, 2015, 11:19:45 AM
Hi people,
I am still pre hrt, but I was managing to blend in a bit earlier in the year wearing something like this:
[Since then, I've been growing my hair out and hoping I won't have to use a wig for too much longer. I got a new style last weekend. It is still way too short though:

You should change Your current avatar for that second picture - and ditch those glasses in Your avi, they make You look at least a decade older (and not in a flattering way). You look very cute and lovely, despite not being on HRT and getting on hormones should help with facial fat redistribution. How You will turn out in the end - nobody knows, but in Your case You have very good base and hormones should be kind to You! And since Your frame kinda predisposes towards hourglass (I had similar build) You can most probably hope for hips rounding out and butt getting fuller - they will balance out shoulders and arms, which in their turn will loose the muscle bulk anyway (if all else fails, You can always pull off that "athletic girl look").
Good luck! :)
  •  

saraht123

Thanks Emily. Avi fixed and I'll ditch the glasses. Really, they're just something I hide behind anyway. I really want to try hrt anyway, so I'll see how that turns out.

Best wishes :)
  •  

stephaniec

as Emily said, HRT will be very kind to you
  •  

saraht123

Keeping my fingers crossed :)
And keeping my fingers crossed that I can actually get hrt in the first place. Just getting hold of the stuff seems quite a process.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: saraht123 on August 08, 2015, 01:54:57 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed :)
And keeping my fingers crossed that I can actually get hrt in the first place. Just getting hold of the stuff seems quite a process.
the stuff that dreams are made of
  •  

LittleV

Hi...

I was wondering if anyone could take a gander in my album and tell me if my body could pass, but as I know it is far from passing, maybe you could focus more on the legs...

http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/da1987/library/Changeroom Pass is vanya6
Bear in mind that most pics are top-heavy (birds-eye-view) as the visually tapering curtain in the background shows...

I would like to think, even though I have lost some weight in that area, that I have decent or semi-decent legs, that I have at least something to work with, even though I have recently discovered a perk of losing overall mass which is my waist going down to my personal low ever!

But please, be as honest as possible; I can take criticism and scrutiny.

Thank you.

Regards,
Vanya
I've found it takes love to make or do something, and without love it's senseless; void, empty, vain.[/color][/center]
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Lady Smith

•  

Lady Smith

Quote from: saraht123 on August 08, 2015, 11:19:45 AM
Hi people,

Since then, I've been growing my hair out and hoping I won't have to use a wig for too much longer. I got a new style last weekend. It is still way too short though:

I'm a bit worried what I look like from behind. I'm really tall (6'1") and my shoulders/arms look quite bulky compared to my hips. I guess I will have to wear long sleeves forever, even in the summer:

Anyway, I thought I'd try and get some opinions since I have kind of lost perspective on what progress I'm making at the moment and whether there is anything unfixable about me.

Have a lovely weekend!

Sarah, - if I hadn't been told I would have thought I was looking at photos of a cis-woman.  If you're pre-HRT wow are you ever going to bloom once you start on hormones.  I love your outfit by the way, you've got great dress sense.
  •  

SophiaW

Here are some images today, and don't know if I pass now...everyone else seems so beautiful here.

•  

Mariah

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

saraht123

Quote from: Lady SmithSarah, - if I hadn't been told I would have thought I was looking at photos of a cis-woman.  If you're pre-HRT wow are you ever going to bloom once you start on hormones.  I love your outfit by the way, you've got great dress sense.

Thanks so much :)

Quote from: SophiaWHere are some images today, and don't know if I pass now

Definitely looks like a pass to me. I think the first hairstyle really suits you.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

LovelyLuci

Hair is getting longer!  I think my makeup looks pretty good, thoughts?
  •