Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby Michelango

I never said the person hasn't began on HRT. If I assumed that, I would say to them they should start HRT. But I said it would take several years on HRT before it works. That means it can takes up to five years. I still struggle a bit with my English. I could formulate it in a better way in my first language. Often 2 years on HRT aren't enough. Some react so late at it, it would take much more time. T works much faster and are much stronger than E.

My comment: "HRT would soften your face after several years" that means you have to be at it long time.

Since this thread is about passing, I think honestly is important. I don't want to lie. If you post a picture in a "I look fabulous" thread, you would get a different reply.
  •  

Jessika

Thought I'd post some new ones. Just a casual day with an appointment to the VA.

My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

SanaRinomi

Quote from: SashaGrace on April 14, 2016, 03:29:48 PM
Thanks guys :) I love my slippers, I'd wear them everywhere if I could haha. My glasses are Converse ones, I have a lipstick that matches them perfectly actually ;)

Anyways, my wedding dress...

And the back

That was fitted up when I had a fringe and my hair was a little shorter and blonder. I've aged too haha. Those pics are from about 16 months ago when I bought the dress. I had my final fitting prior to adjustments last week with my shoes and I'm proud to say the dress fits me even better than it did then which is good as it's a zip back :) I love it and I've never seen a dress like it!!
Beautiful dress, I've fallen for it!!!

But,  you pass in photo 2-3 but not so much in 1
  •  

SashaGrace

To clear up as I see I've caused a bit of a stir...

I refer anyone who has questions about my HRT consumption back to my first photo on page 81, I've been on HRT for nearly 6 years, low dose of E, no AA's so my wife and I could have a natural family (which we do and is way more important to me than passing in the eyes of a few) my oestradiol level is just fine thanks.

The picture of me with my glasses on was to highlight my glasses to the poster who said she liked them and was a quick selfie, wasn't intended for critique really but never mind, in fact neither were the pictures of me in my wedding dress... Perhaps it's a little insensitive to tell a girl she doesn't pass when she's wearing her wedding dress but I don't care. Also nice to think I pass from behind haha.

I will say I'm thick skinned enough not to care in the slightest about not passing; my boss and work colleagues don't know I'm trans neither do any of the pupils I teach, I think in the real world where trans folk aren't super critiquing each other that says all you need to know. If you don't think I pass then fine, that's your opinion just don't feel bad when I ignore it. If you do think I pass then thanks very much, I appreciate it.

End of the day, my wife thinks I'm gorgeous and so do I so I'm fine with that, I'm not trying to pass as a woman, I'm just me. Like I said on page 81, this happened to me last time so I've double learned my lesson now, I'll keep my pics to myself from now on to save anymore thread derailment.

Please don't be funny with me guys, I quite like it here and not out to have a problem with anyone. Just want to clear the air as there's been some strong opinions the last few pages bought on by my photos so I thought I'd clear up a few things :)

Ta :)
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

RachelsMantra

I know I won't get the 100% pass from Sebby but what do y'all think:

This was what I wore to my legal name change hearing a few days ago. I am now officially Rachel Anne Williams yay :)
Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

RachelsMantra

Quote from: Felicity R on April 13, 2016, 09:59:54 PM

One of me with longer hair, and a couple more with my short hair. What do you think?

I like the longer hair better but I think you'd look better if you went and got your eyebrows threaded/waxed or something cuz they stick out a little with the femme appearance as they are a little bushy/unkempt around the edges - the edge line needs to be smooth and crisp - this is what threading is good for. Some women can really pull off the thicker eyebrows but often times just getting them threaded will really "fine tune" the femininity of your face and make a huge difference because it smoothes the line out.
  •  

Galyo

Quote from: RachelsMantra on April 16, 2016, 10:32:32 PM
I know I won't get the 100% pass from Sebby but what do y'all think:

This was what I wore to my legal name change hearing a few days ago. I am now officially Rachel Anne Williams yay :)

Aside from your hair-line, I think you pass pretty well. Even so, I've seen cis-women with pretty high hair-lines as well.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Jessika on April 16, 2016, 08:06:25 AM
Thought I'd post some new ones. Just a casual day with an appointment to the VA.

At the middle picture and the picture at the right you pass fine. You are doing it fine at the picture to left too, but you are more feminine at the other pictures in your face. You're doing it good. :)
  •  

Jalynn

Took a picture before a date. Wish my cheeks would fill in and get rounder. Starting to get a little cleavage from hrt.

•  

RachelsMantra

Quote from: Jalynn on April 17, 2016, 11:02:43 PM
Took a picture before a date. Wish my cheeks would fill in and get rounder. Starting to get a little cleavage from hrt.

Rounded cheeks aren't everything. Women intentionally contour their makeup in order to get a sharp, angled cheek because the definition is a sign of beauty in our culture.
  •  

noleen111

Quote from: SanaRinomi on April 16, 2016, 09:16:23 AM
Beautiful dress, I've fallen for it!!!

But,  you pass in photo 2-3 but not so much in 1

I love your wedding dress..
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Jalynn on April 17, 2016, 11:02:43 PM

You pass better at this picture than the earlier one.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: stephaniec on April 15, 2016, 11:24:30 PM
How about critique me?

You reminds a bit about my music teacher at my school, and she's cis. But maybe a bang would be something for you to cover a bit of your forehead, so you get a more feminine frame. I think you would appear even more feminine with a bang. The hairline is the most masculine thing with you, rest seems fine. I'm most strict with people under 40 when it comes to passing. I think people above some ageses looks more alike each other when it comes to gender. It's lesser difference between men and women faces in many cases when they have lived longer. In the childhood and in the age, where people have lived long the female and male faces become more alike each other than in the teenager, young and middle adult age.
  •  

Karlie Ann

I'll be honest, and possibly controversial.  Sebby is, I believe, a trans-male, and I value his opinion both for his former life and his current one, because I figure if he thinks I look female, I probably really do.

That said, Sebby, I posted a pic on page 81 that went unremarked,  I'd appreciate your opinion on it, since I was out in public and wonder if I passed as well as I thought.
Your current situation is not your final destination.
  •  

Jessie Ann

I had posted awhile back asking Sebby's opinion and didn't get anything.  So I will try again.  I think I pass ok but I'm not sure how others view me....

•  

Jessika

Quote from: Jessie Ann on April 18, 2016, 08:13:49 PM
I had posted awhile back asking Sebby's opinion and didn't get anything.  So I will try again.  I think I pass ok but I'm not sure how others view me....

Amazing! :)
My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

Melanie ♡

Quote from: SashaGrace on April 14, 2016, 03:29:48 PM

I think you look passable, your wedding dress is beautiful and very flattering, and I love the lipstick color in the first picture. Uhm... I just think your wig looks very wiggy, especially the second one, I would tweeze and pluck some hair to make the hairline look more natural.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Jessie Ann on April 18, 2016, 08:13:49 PM

At the two first pictures you're doing it fine. I think you should get a bang that covering your forehead more. So you get a more feminine frame in your face. If I look away from that, I would say you pass at the two first pictures.

The third picture looks more suspected. You use too much makeup around your eyes, something that make you reminding a bit about the drag queen's makeup technique. Except that, you're doing it fine.
  •  

SashaGrace

Quote from: Melanie ♡ on April 19, 2016, 02:37:13 AM
I think you look passable, your wedding dress is beautiful and very flattering, and I love the lipstick color in the first picture. Uhm... I just think your wig looks very wiggy, especially the second one, I would tweeze and pluck some hair to make the hairline look more natural.

Thanks :) But wiggy?? That's my hair!! With extensions in granted but it's my hair. My hair in the dress pic is mostly my hair but is the way it is due to scarring from a massive car crash I had a few years back and my hair doesn't grow in some places properly. It's healed up better now but I have to have extensions all the time to cover the patches up.
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

Devlyn

I love the wedding dress!  :-*

Hugs, Devlyn
  •