Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do I Look, or Could I Pass, as Female? 5.0

Started by stephaniec, August 06, 2015, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariah

Beautiful transformation. You pass. Congrats. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: zog on April 27, 2016, 02:56:40 AM

Both a two years on hormones comparison pic and a do I pass question. Seems that I do pass fairly consistently these days, but it's hard to really trust it. External validation might help out.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

•  

Sebby Michelango

Both a two years on hormones comparison pic and a do I pass question. Seems that I do pass fairly consistently these days, but it's hard to really trust it. External validation might help out.

You are in the right direction, but has some masculine facial features that can reveal you. Your brow bridge and your sharp edge at your nose are the features that makes passing more tricky for you. Your head shape and softness at your chin are fine. Your body do pass and look 110% female for me. If I look away from your sharp edge and your brow bridge, you pass.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: SofiN on April 23, 2016, 03:47:33 PM
Thanks for the honest opinions. I won't lie, it was really upsetting to hear but it is better than sugarcoating.

I honestly have no idea what to do with my hair, I originally tried a sideswept thing but it made my forehead look bigger so I tried to cover it with bangs. Really need some help figuring out what to do with it.

As for the glasses, I only just got them but I had a lot of help picking them out and they apparently suited me best - I like them so probably won't change them for now. As hair seems to be the main issue right now I'd be open for some suggestions.

I don't want to make people upset. But since people post in this thread, they get honest feedback. If you posted in "I look fabulous" thread, you would get a difference response and only compliments. This is a honest and seriously thread where it's about passing. :) If you don't want people to "hurt" you, I would recommend you to share in another threads. I'm not here to hurt people, but to help people. I don't post pictures of myself in "passing threads", because I know I'm not ready yet.
  •  

mmmmm

You are doing great! :) One of the most awesome transformations I have seen here over the years
  •  

RachelsMantra

Quote from: Ⓥ on April 27, 2016, 06:42:40 AM
I'm curious; are you full-time?

Yes I've been full-time for probably 7 months. I went full-time long before my voice was any good (not like it's good now, but it's better than it was) and when I was still visibly trans (still visibly trans but doing better). Once I had a few laser sessions under my belt I went full-time because I had an urgent need to express my feminine self and I had no obstacles at work or with my relationships.
Started HRT on September 1st, 2015.
  •  

Quote from: RachelsMantra on April 27, 2016, 10:13:12 AM
I went full-time because I had an urgent need to express my feminine self

Can relate to this totally ^_^

Well, for the voice... If it was the phone, I'd assume I was speaking to a female, so that's good.  The bad is that it's raspy and belies your look/age.  It's not that it's deep, it's not that it's male; something harsh about it though like a smoker's voice.  You're improving well though! (yes, seen your other vid)

•  

Jacqueline

Quote from: pastry on April 27, 2016, 10:10:41 AM
You are doing great! :) One of the most awesome transformations I have seen here over the years

Wanted to interrupt for a moment to welcome pastry. Thanks for joining in.

I also wanted to add some links we pass along to newly posting members. Mostly welcome information but also the rules that govern the site. If you have not read them, please take a moment to do so now:
Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Ask questions, look around and continue to join in.

Now, back to all that passing.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

MichaelaLJ1972

I think you have made an amazing transition so far. I do agree that you have a prominent brow ridge, but with the right hair style and makeup that can be made less noticeable.
  •  

Chrissy1979

Quote from: RachelsMantra on April 26, 2016, 10:05:39 PM

Another video. I've lost interest in posting selfies cuz it's easy to put on makeup, find good lighting, good angle, etc and make myself look pretty. What I care about now I guess is my passability in real life with my voice, which I feel is really the main thing holding me back from getting she/her pronouns.

I'm afraid I already know the answer to my question: I don't pass, at least not fully. I'm clockable.
I think you look and sound great :) very brave to post a video too :)
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: Sebby Michelango on April 27, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
You are in the right direction, but has some masculine facial features that can reveal you. Your brow bridge and your sharp edge at your nose are the features that makes passing more tricky for you. Your head shape and softness at your chin are fine. Your body do pass and look 110% female for me. If I look away from your sharp edge and your brow bridge, you pass.

Some cis women are masculine looking though. I think she looks good.

KarlMars

Quote from: SofiN on April 23, 2016, 12:55:26 PM
These aren't the best pictures, but I'd be curious on opinions / what I could do different. I seem to pass somewhat in public but I'd like some pointers!

Here is a picture showing my hair at present.

This is 4 and a half months of HRT, about 2 months at optimal levels.

I don't know about opinions, because it should be more about your opinion on how you look that counts. I think you pass well. You remind me of Velma from Scooby Doo- not that it's a bad thing. Light makeup could be more convincing if you're a makeup kind of girl. What kind of clothes do you wear? I hope you don't mind taking advice from a man, I used to be a fashionable woman girly appearing woman due to social pressure.

KarlMars

Quote from: Jessika on April 16, 2016, 08:06:25 AM
Thought I'd post some new ones. Just a casual day with an appointment to the VA.

Wow. You look great!

KarlMars

Quote from: RachelsMantra on April 16, 2016, 10:32:32 PM
I know I won't get the 100% pass from Sebby but what do y'all think:

This was what I wore to my legal name change hearing a few days ago. I am now officially Rachel Anne Williams yay :)

Yes, you look great and congratulations.

KarlMars

Quote from: Jessie Ann on April 18, 2016, 08:13:49 PM
I had posted awhile back asking Sebby's opinion and didn't get anything.  So I will try again.  I think I pass ok but I'm not sure how others view me....

I think you look good and pass well, but in the third picture the way you're standing is masculine. Try to keep your legs closer together while standing and sitting.

KarlMars

Quote from: SashaGrace on April 14, 2016, 03:29:48 PM
Thanks guys :) I love my slippers, I'd wear them everywhere if I could haha. My glasses are Converse ones, I have a lipstick that matches them perfectly actually ;)

Anyways, my wedding dress...

And the back

That was fitted up when I had a fringe and my hair was a little shorter and blonder. I've aged too haha. Those pics are from about 16 months ago when I bought the dress. I had my final fitting prior to adjustments last week with my shoes and I'm proud to say the dress fits me even better than it did then which is good as it's a zip back :) I love it and I've never seen a dress like it!!

I don't know if they have trans women beauty pageants, but if they did you should be in it!

KarlMars

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on April 15, 2016, 09:45:27 PM
Hello all, It has been a while since I posted but I wanted to show how I look today.

Here I was in Winter of 2012 (Still hovering between 300-350) that year I think.

The feminine picture should be facing the camera the way the first one was so we can see you at the same angle. Other than that you look cutesy.

KarlMars

Quote from: PrincessLulu on April 13, 2016, 04:33:01 AM
newest picture what you ladies think?

This is beautiful. You're very authentic looking. Bless you.

KarlMars

Quote from: RachelsMantra on April 12, 2016, 10:39:00 AM
So I'm gonna change it up and post a video I did to get feedback on my voice. This was at like 5am in a bathrobe, no makeup, having had laser yesterday so my face is irritated. How would you read me? Gender me please.

You pass as a woman with a deep voice. Some women just have deep voices. Did you have to work on this or did the HRT do it?

KarlMars

Quote from: Felicity R on April 13, 2016, 09:59:54 PM

One of me with longer hair, and a couple more with my short hair. What do you think?

In first picture you remind me of the actress America Ferrara. The makeup is a little too dramatic for my tastes, but if it suits your personality go for it. I'd keep the hair longer- like the bob looks better than the shorter haircut. Bless you.