Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are the physical sensations of not having your "you know what" down there?

Started by AnamethatstartswithE, October 28, 2015, 04:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnamethatstartswithE

I was wondering what the physical sensations were without a "male appendage" down there. I'm not talking about emotional changes, or sex. Does doing things like walking, sitting, wearing tighter clothes feel different? And if so, how so? I've been wondering this since junior high school.
  •  

Jenna Marie

It does, but sometimes it's not so much what it feels like not to have one as what it feels like to have something else, if that makes sense. :) Yes, wearing panties without testicles creeping past the elastic edges is great, and so is wearing tight jeans without feeling them crushing stuff. But in the first few weeks the sensations post-op were all so weird and different that I started to lose track of what it was like to have *anything* that wasn't a super tender swollen surgical site... and now it tends to be more about "oh, my crotch is getting weirdly humid and warm again" or "shoot, I think my labia are stuck together" and whatnot.  I can feel my labia rubbing slightly when I walk, and I was definitely startled to discover that I now sit right ON my genitalia - as in, can feel it all squish against a chair or bicycle seat, especially if I lean forward - although it's not painful or anything, just odd. And now those tight jeans have a seam that gives me a wicked crotch wedgie instead!

Uh, sorry, not that I'm not thrilled to be shaped correctly; I am. But day to day at 3+ years post-op it's less of an immediate delight unless I actually stop to think about how horrible it all felt before.
  •  

pretty pauline

30 years post op, I forget what it was like having male junk, I can cross my legs in the tightest of space very comfortable without the pain and discomfort of squeezing male junk.
If your going thru hell, just keep going.
  •  

Serenation

Jenna said it pretty well, I'm almost 6 months post op now. You are sitting on it, and I'm sure it gets more comfortable later on. Labia can feel rubby and chaffy sometimes when walking and swaying your hips helps with that, so maybe next time you see a woman walking that way she might not be trying to be sexy, her labia might just be bugging her.

I don't feel a huge difference in wearing clothes though it's nice to never have to worry about things, and yeah you can wear gstrings easy being probably the only exception.

I shaved and had some pretty skimpy lace underwear on and it was freaking me out a bit, I kept getting the sensation my fly was undone, but it wasn't.
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

Cindi Jones

28 Years post-op. It's like it was never there. Don't miss it. Urinating feels the same. That was a big question I had. It turns out that feeling comes from your bladder and not in the you know what. My weird dreams of it popping back out from time to time ended about 12 years ago. I don't mind sitting down to pee. Uhm what else? Oh... hiding the package. I was ALWAYS worried about that. Geez, that took me a while to remember that one.

I do have the equivalent of a wet dream from time to time. Don't know what triggers that. I just wake up feeling in the mood and with a smile. I never remember what the dreams are when that happens.

In terms of arousal, not as much. Thankfully. But it is a sensation that is satisfying without a partner or any further action. I know that doesn't make sense but it happens.

I can't think of anything else.

I'm sure everyone has different sensations. It just depends on how you are wired.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: AnamethatstartswithE on October 28, 2015, 04:16:49 PM
I was wondering what the physical sensations were without a "male appendage" down there. I'm not talking about emotional changes, or sex. Does doing things like walking, sitting, wearing tighter clothes feel different? And if so, how so? I've been wondering this since junior high school.

Oddly enough, very little difference. Because they don't really cut anything away (other than the testes themselves), it still feels like it's all there. It feels like I did a really good job of tucking. The VJ itself has no sensation unless something's going in or coming out. Otherwise I'm not aware it's there.

However, I can receive a jolt of sensation by crossing one leg tightly over another and then squirming around. It feels kind of good.  :o
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Joi

Not post-op yet, but I always had a feeling that when I saw a woman with her legs crossed and gently rocking the free leg that she might be enjoying some interesting sensations from her girly bits.  Do you think I was right?  I often do it while tucked and in the same position and it feels good even though my "junk" is being crushed.

•  

Sammym

I'm slowly reaching 2 months post op. It certainly is interesting getting a hang of the  new anatomy.

To begin with, nerves are still randomly firing as things are healing. I'm sure that will settle down, but it's strange to see where all the nerves are now. Certain things are in the same spot,  some things are very different. And some bits have no feeling.

I read about this before the op, but it's true. The nerves to tell you that you're urinating aren't there any more, but sometimes those phantom nerves fire. It feels strange, especially during dilation.

Otherwise it does take some getting used to sitting. Especially when there's some air in your bits that kinda bubbles about. A very odd sensation.

And it's nice to have no extra appendage grossing me out. The shape of having no male bits is just perfect.
  •  

OCAnne

Hello Everyone, predictably the bulge-less, hassle free smooth look in fitted clothing is outstanding.  But what I have found most interesting is going without underwear.  Feels nice to be completely free under skirts and dresses.  Never thought or dreamed going panty less prior to SRS.  Honestly it's a completely unexpected plus. 

By far the best unexpected feeling is moving forward into a headwind with your dress/skirt pushing back between your legs.  That look and sensation is one that's best experienced.
Thank you,
Anne

'My Music, Much Money, Many Moons'
YTMV (Your Transsexualism May Vary)
  •  

Karen5519

I have been post-op for 13 years now and for a long time everything has felt very natural.  It is far more comfortable especially when wearing a skirt or dress.  As others have said.......the smoothness across the front you get in a pair of jeans is very nice..  But there is a trade off............for a woman there are things that you have to be cognizant about that men do not. 
  •  

Cindi Jones

Uhm, I don't know why but I have to ask this question for other post ops.... hard to approach actually. Does anyone have a VJ "fart" from time to time? Sorry for that word, but I can't explain it in any simpler terms. No it doesn't stink and it doesn't really make much noise.... But has anyone else had them? I suppose air gets trapped in there somehow and needs to get out when you move. I've never had to be embarrassed by one and it does feels kind of good.

Blush
Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Girl Beyond Doubt

I am way too tight for any air to become trapped in my VJ. Air between my labia is a completely different, tickly, bubbly thing, though. Weird but funny.
This is now officially my favorite thread ;-)
The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself - Mark Twain
  •  

AnamethatstartswithE

Thank you ladies, you've given me a lot to think about. All of the bubble talk has brought out more questions. WHat happens when you swim/go in the tub. Does water "Get in," does this have health implications?

Quote from: Karen5519 on October 30, 2015, 03:53:09 PM
...for a woman there are things that you have to be cognizant about that men do not. 

such as?
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quote from: AnamethatstartswithE on October 30, 2015, 04:29:08 PM
Thank you ladies, you've given me a lot to think about. All of the bubble talk has brought out more questions. WHat happens when you swim/go in the tub. Does water "Get in," does this have health implications?

such as?

Of course water gets in! No, you can't use a dime between your knees either. That is one of the such as things. Also, you must clean yourself every day, often several times because if you don't you get a "fishy smell." You can also get bladder infections and you won''t really know you have one until you realize one day that for two months you've the feeling you always have to go. Bladder infections are such sneaky things.

You can't aim your stream. It goes where it wants to go. Sometimes right in your face. I'm not joking.

In addition to those, you get to pay a lot more for clothing that doesn't last half as long. You need to wear a different outfit every day for a month. You won't get paid as much. You pay three times as much for a haircut. Your beauty products will cost as much as a week's worth of groceries. You end up in endless conversations about babies and cooking and managing your guy and.....

There's probably a hundred more that are skipping my mind right now.

Stuff like that.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Cindi Jones on October 30, 2015, 04:42:25 PM
Of course water gets in! No, you can't use a dime between your knees either. That is one of the such as things. Also, you must clean yourself every day, often several times because if you don't you get a "fishy smell." You can also get bladder infections and you won''t really know you have one until you realize one day that for two months you've the feeling you always have to go. Bladder infections are such sneaky things.

You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,190342.msg1695485.html#msg1695485

hugs
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quote from: Laura_7 on October 30, 2015, 05:15:14 PM
You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,190342.msg1695485.html#msg1695485

hugs

Oh I didn't mean douching. I meant washing the outside so it stays clean. I should have made that point more clear. I've never used a douche kit. It seems as though they aren't as popular as they were two decades ago. I think it was one of those publicity creates demand things that just didn't pan out.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Cindi Jones on October 30, 2015, 08:00:18 PM
Oh I didn't mean douching. I meant washing the outside so it stays clean. I should have made that point more clear. I've never used a douche kit. It seems as though they aren't as popular as they were two decades ago. I think it was one of those publicity creates demand things that just didn't pan out.

Cindi

The douches are nor recommended by many surgeons after the first few months of srs.

Quite a few people found this helpful:
"I then got from a health food store a probioitic designed for the vagina and is inserted into the vagina.  It will fix the vagina flora. You'll get some discharge after from the pill dissolving, and you'll use it for a few days, laying down and inserting it at night.

That pill made a huge difference. I smell and taste amazing. I feel healthier down there and all over. I self-lube better. And I haven't had any re-occurring yeast infections or BV.  I swear by this product! I've read on other forms about it, which other people also swear by -- I've read stories of women having problems for 10 years and taking a vaginal probiotic stopped it."
  •  

Jenna Marie

Cindi : Yes, that air in there thing happens enough that cis girls have named it a "queef." :) You're quite right about what causes it, too - unlike a fart, it's just normal air getting trapped and then escaping later. Sex/dilation can do it, but so can just shifting around in just the right (wrong?!) way.

Now, one thing I did NOT expect was how actual farts (as in, I know they started out from my butt) will sometimes creep and bubble into my labia and kinda get channeled out and up through there instead. That is a *weird* feeling.

If I take a bath a little bit of water will get in, but not very deeply, and trickle back out when I stand up. It's not nearly as bad as the gush of lube after dilation, which is annoying as heck and also felt really strange at first. And Cindi's also right about washing the outside but not douching; I occasionally use a baby wipe for extra touch-ups in summer or after wearing tight pants, but other than that a quick wash of the labia with gentle soap in the shower is all I need.
  •  

mfox

Quote from: Laura_7 on October 30, 2015, 08:22:19 PM
The douches are nor recommended by many surgeons after the first few months of srs.

Are douches the only way you can exfoliate?

This is one of my bigger worries.  With penile inversion, don't you still have the top layer of shedding, dead skin cells on the epidermis? Instead of a living layer of vaginal mucosa (mucosal epithelium).   I know some people claim the skin becomes mucosa-like, but I don't know if that's really possible.
  •  

Cindi Jones

Quote from: mfox on October 31, 2015, 11:19:44 AM
Are douches the only way you can exfoliate?

This is one of my bigger worries.  With penile inversion, don't you still have the top layer of shedding, dead skin cells on the epidermis? Instead of a living layer of vaginal mucosa (mucosal epithelium).   I know some people claim the skin becomes mucosa-like, but I don't know if that's really possible.

Dilating takes care of that.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •