Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Doctors who will perform *informed consent* orchiectomies *without any* letters

Started by Futurist, December 20, 2015, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Futurist

Other than Dr. Mark Arnkoff in Michigan, exactly which doctors, if any, will perform informed consent orchiectomies without any letters?

Any thoughts on this?

Also, for the record, I myself am an aspiring feminine eunuch who wants to get surgically castrated for sterilization purposes and, if possible, to help feminize both my body and my face. :) Of course, I also want to be able to continue being able to get erections using my penis and to have penis-in-vagina sex after my planned orchiectomy, so yeah.
  •  

Futurist

Also, to clarify--I certainly still want to try getting a therapist letter for this, but I also want to keep all of my options open in regards to this. :)
  •  

Harley Quinn

You'll probably find more info on this in Gender Correction Surgery section.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Futurist

•  

Futurist

Also, though, should this thread be moved to another section of this forum?
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi Futurist,

I don't know what sort of research you're done into orchidectomies, but removing the main organ of testosterone production may seriously compromise your libido and the ability to maintain erections.

Another point of concern would relate to any future, if at all, genital surgeries, as the longer you wait post orchidectomy the greater the atrophication of any donor material and the scar tissue may also compromise any donor material.

Surgeons who conduct neovaginoplasties are best to perform orchidectomies, as they preserve as much martial as possible.

You may need to do more research into the side effects of your plans.

Speak to you as soon as I paint the verandah.

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Martine A.

I am glad if it is okay to have those topics here.

Only because I may decide to take shortcuts. All treatment is so restricted here and I shan't wait half a decade to get GRS or at least stop the T. Thanks for allowing such threads.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Futurist

Quote from: Catherine Sarah on December 23, 2015, 03:54:34 AM
Hi Futurist,

I don't know what sort of research you're done into orchidectomies, but removing the main organ of testosterone production may seriously compromise your libido and the ability to maintain erections.

Another point of concern would relate to any future, if at all, genital surgeries, as the longer you wait post orchidectomy the greater the atrophication of any donor material and the scar tissue may also compromise any donor material.

Surgeons who conduct neovaginoplasties are best to perform orchidectomies, as they preserve as much martial as possible.

You may need to do more research into the side effects of your plans.

Speak to you as soon as I paint the verandah.

Huggs
Catherine

Two things:

1. What about taking testosterone HRT shots to help me get erections after my planned orchiectomy? Would that work?

2. I certainly don't want to ever have a vagina.
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: Futurist on December 24, 2015, 12:19:50 AM
What about taking testosterone HRT shots to help me get erections after my planned orchiectomy? Would that work?

I was under the impression you were considering feminising your body to some degree with HRT? If you aren't then you would need to take testosterone anyway to so you can avoid osteoporosis. I know that some trans women on HRT have small testosterone boosters to keep their libido up - I presume it works for the libido, I don't know how well it works for erections.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: Futurist on December 24, 2015, 12:19:50 AM
Two things:

1. What about taking testosterone HRT shots to help me get erections after my planned orchiectomy? Would that work?

2. I certainly don't want to ever have a vagina.

You could have a look here:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=156397.0

Well you might not say never... maybe you might change your mind later ?
Having a orchi in a way srs is possible later might be an option.
Of course it is up to you.

*hugs*
  •  

Futurist

Quote from: Ms Grace on December 24, 2015, 12:39:27 AM
I was under the impression you were considering feminising your body to some degree with HRT?

Well, Yes--with HRT and/or with things such as laser hair removal, electrolysis, and maybe surgery as well.

QuoteIf you aren't then you would need to take testosterone anyway to so you can avoid osteoporosis. I know that some trans women on HRT have small testosterone boosters to keep their libido up - I presume it works for the libido, I don't know how well it works for erections.

OK.

Also, though, can you please answer my original question here, Grace? :)
  •  

Futurist

Quote from: Laura_7 on December 24, 2015, 10:46:44 AM
You could have a look here:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=156397.0

Well you might not say never... maybe you might change your mind later ?
Having a orchi in a way srs is possible later might be an option.
Of course it is up to you.

*hugs*

Believe me--as long as I will have my current brain/mind, then I will certainly not change my mind on this. After all, in spite of my frequent cross-dreaming, I am an aspiring feminine eunuch, not a trans-woman. Plus, we certainly don't have the technology to change people's gender identity right now (and I certainly don't see such technology being developed in the next several decades as well). :(
  •  

Martine A.

Is your original question to acquire a list of people who can give you the treatment?

If there is such one, it would be handy to have. What I read above indicates rather people are known who had done it, or who know somebody who had done it, so they could be contacted for more info.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HRT - on the hard way to it since 2015-Sep | Full time since evening 2015-Oct-16
Push forward. Step back, but don't look back.
  •  

Lady Smith

I was lucky because I found a urology surgeon who did mine for me without any referrals needed for psych assessment or whatever.  True enough I'd been having severe pain problems as a result of complications from surgical interventions I'd had as a child, but it was the fact that I was living full time as well as having mainstream  employment as a social worker that made it easy for my surgeon to give me the nod.

It's rare for me to get an erection, but it is possible.  Bear in mind though that I'm asexual and sex interests me about as much as having somebody stick their finger up my nose.
  •  

Futurist

Quote from: Lady Smith on December 26, 2015, 01:50:34 AM
I was lucky because I found a urology surgeon who did mine for me without any referrals needed for psych assessment or whatever.  True enough I'd been having severe pain problems as a result of complications from surgical interventions I'd had as a child, but it was the fact that I was living full time as well as having mainstream  employment as a social worker that made it easy for my surgeon to give me the nod.

It's rare for me to get an erection, but it is possible.  Bear in mind though that I'm asexual and sex interests me about as much as having somebody stick their finger up my nose.
What exactly is the name of this urology surgeon of yours, though?
  •  

Futurist

Quote from: Martine A. on December 26, 2015, 01:32:21 AM
Is your original question to acquire a list of people who can give you the treatment?

Yes, it is.

Also, did I post this question of mine in the correct section of this forum?

QuoteIf there is such one, it would be handy to have. What I read above indicates rather people are known who had done it, or who know somebody who had done it, so they could be contacted for more info.

Completely agreed.
  •  

Futurist

Quote from: Martine A. on December 23, 2015, 05:45:21 AM
I am glad if it is okay to have those topics here.

Only because I may decide to take shortcuts. All treatment is so restricted here and I shan't wait half a decade to get GRS or at least stop the T. Thanks for allowing such threads.
Where exactly do you live, though? After all, your situation certainly sounds terrible! :(
  •  

Lady Smith

Quote from: Futurist on December 26, 2015, 01:54:18 AM
What exactly is the name of this urology surgeon of yours, though?

I live in New Zealand and I had the orchie done 21 years ago.  The surgeon was elderly then so I don't think he would be any use to you.
  •