Main Menu

What made you happy today? For mtF members only, please. 2.0

Started by kittenpower, March 18, 2016, 02:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittenpower

•  

Denise

Quote from: rachel89 on March 18, 2016, 02:47:13 PM
As of today, I now officially have decent employment.

I'm happy for you - I hope you like your new location.
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

kaitylynn

Had my first laser facial hair removal session with my doctor this morning and am super excited by how well it went, though it was really painful...next is in 5 weeks and the doctor has told be it will be a lot less painful than this time.

Also scored some awesome clothes out thrift shopping this afternoon.  Came home with 2 pairs of Lucky jeans, size 10, and two pairs of shorts...summer is coming here at the beach!  All for $20 :)
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Chrissy1979

•  

Lilian J

Fantastic get together with meetup.com group "Sydney-Transgender-Friendship" on a nice sunny autumn day plus a browse round the shops. I am so much more relaxed now about unambiguously presenting female even though I am far from passing. It really does seem that everyone else is too busy with their own lives to care.

Awesome day.
  •  

Dee Marshall

The fact that, despite the difficulties, we can go through "what made you happy" threads like popcorn!

Also, I finally changed my gender on Facebook to "female" from "pending" and my picture to the same one as here and received a wonderful response.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

FrancisAnn

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 19, 2016, 04:52:13 AM
The fact that, despite the difficulties, we can go through "what made you happy" threads like popcorn!

Also, I finally changed my gender on Facebook to "female" from "pending" and my picture to the same one as here and received a wonderful response.
It's funny on FB.  I opened a normal FB page almost 3 years ago as Francis....., female. That's who I am & have always been so I sure did not want to confuse things with changing gender. I have so many nice women FB friends, we talk about everything & it's so nice to relate to the ppl I'm comfortable with, women. My old fb page has just dissapeared which seems normal for me. It's so nice to be a hetrosexual woman now if my body will improve more that will make me do a happy dance.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

Michelle3

After 9 months of forced RLE, was finally able to start HRT :)
  •  

FrancisAnn

My nipples sure are itchy & burning today. That is so nice. I raised my E some & it helps. I need to get my doc to really raise my E level so my body can improve more. I'm maybe a B cup & oh my I'd love to have full C cup breasts. I so do not want to have implants, more plastic surgery. A little happy dance.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

Tamika Olivia

I'm still happy from something that happened last night. I was out in guy mode, but got gendered correctly (for a short time) by my waiter. I dunno if it was a genuine male fail, or just a slip of the tongue, but it was quite nice!
  •  

Briezy

After one month of fairly low doses of estradiol and spiro my doctor doubled both doses yesterday to transition level doses. The fact is I did really well the first month on the low doses and can not wait to see what happens over the next 3 months before my next follow up appointment. It's such a big decision and I put so much hope in what getting rid of T and adding E would do for me. I built it up so much and I am so, so, so, so happy I have not been disappointed. Life in denial can be very difficult and in that state I have tried many ways to make myself feel normal (i.e.. happy?) and I would place hope in things that would never pan out and lead to disappointment. Being disappointment became something to be expected. Thank God that veil of denial was suddenly lifted. Life is good.
-Brie Katherine  :-*

•  

kittenpower

I have been having transient chest pain that usually lasts 20-30 minutes at a time then goes away, since last November, but my EKGs have been normal; incidently, I was having chest pain a couple of days ago, and I decided to go to the ER at my local hospital. The Doctor ordered a chest x-Ray, 12 lead EKG, and blood tests which included checking my triponin to rule out a heart attack. All of the tests were normal, but one of the Doctors compared that EKG to one I had a week prior, and she found that my T-Wave was depressed, so she admitted me for a cardiac stress test the following morning. I was given a chemical stress test; the first step was to administer a contrast drug, and then had 3D imaging of my heat. After the initial imaging I was connected to a 12-lead EKG to monitor all of the angles of my heart, and then they administered a drug that induced stress on my heart (it felt like I was exercising); the effects lasted for 1 minute, and then I was given a caffeinated beverage to counteract the effects of the drug, then they rested me  for 30 minutes, and did the last set of images. The results of the test showed that there possibly could have been an area of decreased blood flow (ischemia), which would mean an occluded coronary artery, but the Doctors were not sure do to the results of the imaging, so they ordered cardiac catheteriztion for me the following morning. The test was an easy process for me;'the Doctor inserted a small catheter, about the same size as an IV line, into my right femoral artery, and inspected my coronary arteries, which thankfully turned out to be clear, so I did not need a stent, and my heart is healthy, and he diagnosed my chest pain as musculoskeletal. So, now I am recovering and all is well; the doctor plugged my femoral artery with collagen, so I need to watch for any signs of bleeding, clotting, or infection, but the incidence of any of that occurring is very low, so I should be fine. And now I have peace of mind knowing my heart is healthy; if anyone needs this, please do not hesitate as it is a simple process and it could save your life; I am pre-op and it was not an issue, and I was treated very well. 😊
  •  

FrancisAnn

Quote from: kittenpower on March 19, 2016, 11:41:04 AM
I have been having transient chest pain that usually lasts 20-30 minutes at a time then goes away, since last November, but my EKGs have been normal; incidently, I was having chest pain a couple of days ago, and I decided to go to the ER at my local hospital. The Doctor ordered a chest x-Ray, 12 lead EKG, and blood tests which included triponin to rule out a heart attack. All of the tests were normal, but one of the Doctors compared that EKG to one I had a week prior, and she found that my T-Wave was depressed, so she admitted me for a cardiac stress test the following morning. I was given a chemical stress test; the first step was to administer a contrast drug, and then had 3D imaging of my heat. After the initial imaging I was connected to a 12-lead EKG to monitor all of the angles of my heart, and then they administered a drug that induced stress on my heart (it felt like I was exercising); the effects lasted for 1 minute, and then I was given a caffeinated beverage to counteract the effects of the drug, then they rested me  for 30 minutes, and did the last set of images. The results of the test showed that there possibly could have been an area of decreased blood flow (ischemia), which would mean an occluded coronary artery, but the Doctors were not sure do to the results of the imaging, so they ordered cardiac catheteriztion for me the following morning. The test was an easy process for me;'the Doctor inserted a small catheter, about the same size as an IV line, into my right femoral artery, and inspected my coronary arteries, which thankfully turned out to be clear, so I did not need a stent, and my heart is healthy, and he diagnosed my chest pain as musculoskeletal. So, now I am recovering and all is well; the doctor plugged my femoral artery with collagen, so I need to watch for any signs of bleeding, clotting, or infection, but the incidence of any of that occurring is very low, so I should be fine. And now I have peace of mind knowing my heart is healthy; if anyone needs this, please do not hesitate as it is a simple process and it could save your life; I am pre-op and it was not an issue, and I was treated very well. 😊
Oh me, Thanks for your post & I'm so glad you are OK. My best to you on healing up.
  •  

kittenpower

Quote from: FrancisAnn on March 19, 2016, 01:56:46 PM
Oh me, Thanks for your post & I'm so glad you are OK. My best to you on healing up.
Thank you 😊
  •  

stephaniec

I had that chemical induced stress thing and I'm glad I only had to do it once.
  •  

kittenpower

Quote from: stephaniec on March 19, 2016, 03:04:31 PM
I had that chemical induced stress thing and I'm glad I only had to do it once.
I run for an hour 5-6 days a week, so the test wasn't very difficult for me, it kind of felt like I was running up a small hill and I had a normal EKG, so I along with the RN, nuclear med tech, and the MD that was present, thought the results would be unremarkable, but the radiologist found a small area of what is called, reversibility, in my heart, which was a possible indication of a blockage in a coronary artery, so they did the cath to rule it out, and thankfully my arteries are clear, and I did not require a stent.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

GeneticJen

Got a care package in the mail from my mum, filled with nice things and a car gendering me correctly. It's especially nice for me because I only came out to my family about a month ago so it's great that she's being supportive.
"The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now."
Twitter

•  

Serenation

Finally applied for my F birth certificate today, the staff at the place were nice. Had been procrastinating about doing that for months, feel like a huge weight off.

Also had a jam donut :)
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •