Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hi everyone, It's my Birthday!!!

Started by SarahElizabeth1981, February 25, 2016, 11:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: SarahElizabeth1981 on October 08, 2017, 11:39:11 PM
Hey girls,
       Not sure if anyone is still paying any attention to this post but I thought I would post something. So this weekend is thanksgiving in Canada. went to a family dinner tonight. I was really hesitant to go at all as there are a couple people that aren't comfortable with my transition and at least one person that is quite adverse to it. it wasn't that bad. I wasn't dead named or mis-gendered. but other then my aunt no one really talked to me either. I was actually just bored out of my mind. I think I will be skipping the next family dinner.

One of the things I found with my family is that A) They won't talk to me if they don't "have" too  and B) if they do, they still talk to me like they did when I was presenting male...that is almost as irritating as being misgendered
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

amberwaves

I still check the thread periodically.  That sucks Sarah.  Family can honestly be the worst sometimes.  I host Thanksgiving for a large number of family.  It will be an interesting evening.  Most of them are aholes and don't care for my transition.  I officially see the judge to have my name changed just a few days prior to the event and my wife is prepared to be correcting everyone.  Plus we are prepared to be kicking people out if necessary.  Going to be a weird holiday this year.  It's tempting to get a nice dress to host in and just let things play out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: amberwaves on October 12, 2017, 05:16:11 PM
.  It's tempting to get a nice dress to host in and just let things play out.

What a great idea...make sure its something fabulous and comfortable!!! :D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I have my cousin's birthday at the end of the month, so I'm gonna have to be all cleaned up nice for it, as it's a big fancy restaurant.
I think I'm gonna wear my black dress with black heels. Dunno what to do with my hair.
It's so exciting having this debacle lol

•  

Tasha_

So,  this is... Great... I was fondelled by man., . I said no.,  get your f..... hands off me to no avail.., I.... Hate., , . my.... dam.... Life!!!!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Tasha_ on October 13, 2017, 04:20:46 AM
So,  this is... Great... I was fondelled by man., . I said no.,  get your f..... hands off me to no avail.., I.... Hate., , . my.... dam.... Life!!!!

OMG! Could you not knock him out? That is so disgusting. Part of why so far I have never went "out"
That is terrible Tasha :S

•  

amberwaves

Quote from: Tasha_ on October 13, 2017, 04:20:46 AM

Oh my god!  Why is all this crap happening to you all at the same time Tasha.  Big hugs!  If you need to talk I'm here.

•  

SarahElizabeth1981

awww I'm sorry to hear that Tasha. some men are total pigs. I never thought much of them when I was living as one of them and I don't think a whole lot of them now that I'm not.

I'm sure you will look stunning Rachel. I wish I could see the look on their faces when they see you.

I hope you have a great thanksgiving Amber. unfortunately some people just have to cause drama.
  •  

Tasha_

Quote from: SarahElizabeth1981 on October 14, 2017, 09:51:58 PM
awww I'm sorry to hear that Tasha. some men are total pigs. I never thought much of them when I was living as one of them and I don't think a whole lot of them now that I'm not.

I'm sure you will look stunning Rachel. I wish I could see the look on their faces when they see you.

I hope you have a great thanksgiving Amber. unfortunately some people just have to cause drama.
Thanks for all the support ladies... After the bar tender saw how angry I was,  she called a cab... While my wife and I waited outside. Then as the cab pulls in, that man came outside and I just tried to walk away,  he followed telling me it would be okay, then wrapped his arms around me... As my wife and the cab pulled up I had my hands out and flung him about 15 feet... I don't want to be violent anymore... That was part of my act before ya know??? My wife and I are pretty much over the incident now,  but muuuch more careful when we leave the house again.... Almost like the initial public coming out fears....

•  

Tasha_

And Christine, I'm sure you're gonna kill it,  you're gorgeous!

•  

SarahElizabeth1981

hey girls, just thought I would post about a couple of things.

so I've been going to L.A. Fitness since January and I always felt like they (the staff) all knew I was trans. But I only told two of them to ask how they would accommodate me. I was less passable at that point. I thought they were telling each other but I had no proof. then a couple of weeks ago I had one girl that works there that I have never seen or spoken to before flat out ask me about my transition. the day before that I had another girl, that knew I had a doctors appointment, ask how it went and I made a comment about hormone levels and she knew it was because I was trans. I never mentioned anything about being trans to her before. that was actually the second day that I had spoken more then a couple of words to her. I complained and spoke to the regional manager. things have gotten better but i think it's more they're being more discreet about it. I've also pretty much stopped talking to the staff there.  that said, I've never had any problems with any staff or members there. I do use the women's change room but I go there in my workout outfit. for my own comfort and the comfort of others so they don't do or say something that makes me uncomfortable. So it's just so I can remove outer layers and to use the lockers.

I have to go see my doctor this week for a physical so he can say I'm fit for surgery. I have an appointment December 7th in my gender psychiatrists office to go over all the paperwork to apply for funding. it'll be sent in first thing in the new year and I'm hoping for surgery late next year.

as for the surgery itself I had originally planned on doing full SRS. but after much reflection and reading and talking to people I will only be doing a cosmetic SRS. I don't do men and I can confidently say I won't ever. So I don't need it for sex with men. i don't think it will be worth the after care. but more then that having to dilate would be a constant reminder that I wasn't born with it. the psychological effect of that would be worse for me then not having a canal.

My long journey to permanent hair removal with electrolysis continues but there is a light a the end of the tunnel. the area around my mouth is largely cleared. the strip from my chin along my throat is getting quite thin and then I will work back towards the ears. it's all been thinned out but there is more hair along my jaw line and side burns then around my chin/mouth. my hair is normally down so it hides it pretty well.  I cannot wait though!!

dating as a trans women that likes women kind of sucks. it's gotta be the smallest dating pool possible. so far I haven't had much luck this year. I've asked two women out who seemed interested. they both said yes and both gave me their numbers. but it never went anywhere not even a date. I met someone last week that seems just as interested in me as I am in her. In fact, she's done a better job expressing her interest then I have. Although i did spend the whole night, when I met her, flirting with her and being completely ridiculous. except i was dumb and didn't get her number. but I can find her again so I got a chance.... i'm tired so i'm going to bed. hope everyone is doing good.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Hey Sarah, I wouldn't too much worry about your gym place. I mean if someone clocked you so may others and it does go fast usually. As long as they're not being hateful I wouldn't worry about a few questions. It is a curious topic for many. It is your chance to educate, show people we are no different than them.
As for SRS, I have really come to see it as a massive decision one I am not fit mentally nor financially to make. Not because I'm in a bad place however, simply because I have not been thinking about it too much, I have bigger things right now.
I hope your decision on cosmetic SRS will be the right one for you.
Facial hair sucks. It's a slow annoying process. I keep having mine Lasered, it disappears for a month and then the grey shadow begins coming back :/ when I go home to Ireland it's electrolysis for me to finish it off.
And yes dating must suck in that position. I am so lucky my girl stuck me out, she is so much more into me now as a woman, and our relationship is so much stronger. Makes me wonder really lol

As for me, my changes have been amazing tbh honest, looking back at old pictures now almost feels like another person. My boobs are still sore and should be growing, they are starting to round out, I know they have suffered thanks to my lake of weight, but they are getting there. My hairline is nearly all filled in with baby hairs, and it has gotten so long.
My biggest challenge now is coming out in 3 weeks before I go home to Ireland. My work is over in 3 weeks too, and so that afternoon after 4 o'clock the 8th of December I will have come out after 27 years finally. Pretty mad.
Going home will be a challenge, in both getting a job as a woman and in a completely different role than what I am used to.
Transition has been amazing though. I am so comfortable with it all it's just totally normal. Only my voice really bothers me
Love y'all, hugs Rachel

•  

SarahElizabeth1981

Hey christina,
  yeah I've seen your pictures on FB  you look gorgeous. that's funny about the girlfriend but at least it worked out. I saw the girl again tonight and got her number. so hopefully third ones the charm.

Surgery has been a BIG thing. it kept me up for weeks while I was trying to figure out which way to go. but I'm confident in my decision.

the only thing about the gym that bothers me is people outing me to others. I have no problem talking to people about it and answering their questions. actually there is a girl there that I've talked about things a lot with and when I was figuring out what to do for surgery we went out for coffee to talk about it. I just want people to respect my privacy and if they want to know something they just ask me directly. Instead of talking about it behind my back.

oh yeah I didn't mention changes... I'm a little disappointed in how little my face has feminized. it's softened somewhat but to me I still look pretty much the same. my boobs reallly started growing after the endo changed my patch. I'm a 1/2 an inch away from a b cup. they've been filling out quite a bit lately. I'm hoping I'm just 6 month behind on the facial feminization from using the wrong patch. I put on about 10 KG after the change in patch though. it mostly went to my mid section. so that is driving me crazy. i don't want to try losing weight while my boobs are growing though. I want them to keep getting bigger.

Good luck moving back home. I'm sure things will go good. change is tough for everyone but I know you can work through it.
  •  

amberwaves

Not sure anyone follows this thread anymore.  Just wanted to say that I miss all you girls and I hope things are going well.

•  

Female2female

•