News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

so what actually is age appropiate.

Started by stephaniec, June 08, 2016, 11:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Quote from: Ms Grace on June 08, 2016, 03:57:15 PM
Despite being very leggy myself I will probably never wear fishnets. For some reason I just never like the look of them doesn't matter who is wearing them. But each to their own!
I like maroon colored ones
  •  

stephaniec

I turn 65 in November I'll post on what I wear on my birthday.I have a nice white lace and Maroon fishnets ,looks pretty good , but that's me.,
  •  

stephaniec

I'm sitting in my favorite bar right now after watching Alice through the looking glass. I have on  a blue dress with black opaque nylons that have pretty designs on them.
  •  

stephaniec

there are nice boutiques where I live , but their their largest size is one size short of mine. There is one though that's on the same block as my therapist that has really pretty dresses and it looks like they carry my size I keep walking past it , but I need to stop in.
  •  

Kitty June

Just saw on Facebook today "24 things woman over 30 should wear " it was 24 pictures of different woman and each was captioned with "whatever the f@&$ you want " [emoji3]
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Dee Marshall

I would also posit that age appropriate isn't appropriate for people whose medical (HRT) regimen makes them look younger than their actual age. APPARENT age appropriate, on the other hand.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Katiebelle

I know lots of women that dress outside their age norm. It all depends on your style, girl!

Obviously, there are norms for age but there are also norms for cisgender expression and us girls have the fantastic privilege of getting to vary by our own tastes <3 <3 <3

I say dress in what you love. If you're not freaking out about passing, enjoy the simple things in life like soft fabric and sparkly anything lol...

If you're worried about passing then I get it. I'm trying to beat that. Maybe someone else here can help you with that but I'm trying to get past it... (29, mtf, TX, pre hrt but starting soon and I want to love me regardless of any situation). What counts is what's comfortable to you so... be you, honey!

We love you,
Katie

Sent from my BLU STUDIO X using Tapatalk

•  

stephaniec

my happiness is>>>>>>then what others think although it's nice when they agree that you beautiful I'm waiting for someone to mistake me for Greta Garbo's gand niece

•  

Michelle G

Lol, I refuse to dress age appropriate, I've still got my 20's to catch up on style wise :)
Just a "California Girl" trying to enjoy each sunny day
  •  

stephaniec

•  

RobynD

<- I talk about age appropriate and i'm wearing jeggings, converse tennis shoes and bubble gum pink lipstick today.

;D

•  

Dee Marshall

Heck, I'm almost always in converse kicks. I have red white and blue ones. However these are my new favorites:

I just bought them at Easy Spirit, and they are NOT too young for me! They're not!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: stephaniec on June 08, 2016, 12:25:21 PM
I'd like to get some pencil skirts , but my tummy is too big.

I'll give you my trick but don't tell anyone: 4 inches wide elastic strips that I sew (machine or manual) in the back at exactly the right size. I have a few different colors (you can dye them) and you can even use them under a swimming suit, they tolerate water. They only last for a few months though, they get all stretchy but since they cost nothing...

Take care, Rose.
  •  

Roses and Songs

I believe age is how you feel, not an arbitrary measure of time imposed by someone I don't know who didn't even have the decency to consult me on this! To be honest with you, at the beginning of my transition (6 1/2 years ago, I was 51) I did wear the most unremarkable stuff I could find to try and blend in as best I could but I soon realized it was useless so now, bring on the flowery dresses, the bright colors, the hats, the scarves, etc, cause baby, it's party time! (but all in good taste, of course) Yes, I must admit that taking care of my appearance (clothing, hair dos, makeup, accessories, etc...) is the festive part of that beautiful adventure, I just love it. I believe that taking care of how you look is also taking care of how you see yourself, of how you feel and of who you are inside so age, what's that? And as far as I know, I've only got one life so their opinions...

Cheers, Rose.

•  

alex82

Quote from: Michelle G on June 09, 2016, 03:49:26 PM
Lol, I refuse to dress age appropriate, I've still got my 20's to catch up on style wise :)

I get that totally, but then don't complain about the looks you get (I realise you haven't).

It's a strange old thing, totally understandable in this context. But 20 year olds don't look great (or rather they do in terms of skin, hair, figure, and they could clothing-wise too, but they tend not to) - when you see a really confident chic woman, she's usually not much less than 35. And not ashamed to look it.

And the style is generally applicable further up the decades too. A 60 year old could copy a 35 year old no problem, and look stylish - and young, and that just isn't the case with taking the wardrobe of a 20 year old, complete with the mistakes that 20 year olds make before they get into their stride.

With few exceptions, it's actually really ageing to wear very youth orientated clothes if you're mid 30's and above. Which is probably why most women don't do it, and the ones that do stand out a mile for the wrong reasons.

To flip it round, it looks equally ridiculous when you see a middle aged man in low rise jeans and brightly coloured trainers and a slogan t-shirt, and god forbid, a baseball cap. The odd one or two will have a great body and carry it off reasonably well - the rest look like men who never grew up. Women of their age aren't finding it attractive, and women of a younger age certainly aren't fooled.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: Roses and Songs on June 10, 2016, 09:32:57 AM
   I believe age is how you feel, not an arbitrary measure of time imposed by someone I don't know who didn't even have the decency to consult me on this! To be honest with you, at the beginning of my transition (6 1/2 years ago, I was 51) I did wear the most unremarkable stuff I could find to try and blend in as best I could but I soon realized it was useless so now, bring on the flowery dresses, the bright colors, the hats, the scarves, etc, cause baby, it's party time! (but all in good taste, of course) Yes, I must admit that taking care of my appearance (clothing, hair dos, makeup, accessories, etc...) is the festive part of that beautiful adventure, I just love it. I believe that taking care of how you look is also taking care of how you see yourself, of how you feel and of who you are inside so age, what's that? And as far as I know, I've only got one life so their opinions...

Cheers, Rose.

That's exactly it Rose - you take care of your appearance. If the hair is good, the make up is excellent, the accessories aren't cheap, and your weight is in check, then you have much more scope to have at it in other areas.

Age yes - it is how you feel, and your attitude. It is also an arbitrary measure imposed by - not someone else - but simply by time. Wouldn't we all love to turn the clock back - on so many things, so many decisions! You can't. Forward is the only way, and time clocks up behind it.
  •  

RobynD

I would not care if guys dress non age appropriate either, i just wish that they were a bit more fashion aware as a whole. They tend to get stuck in one mode of dress. This for work, this for not work.

I read somewhere that most men adopt their fashion style at 35 and stick with it to the end of their lives. My grandfather wore a fedora pretty much every day of his life. (but it looked pretty cute on him)

•  

alex82

Quote from: RobynD on June 10, 2016, 11:03:28 AM
I would not care if guys dress non age appropriate either, i just wish that they were a bit more fashion aware as a whole. They tend to get stuck in one mode of dress. This for work, this for not work.

I read somewhere that most men adopt their fashion style at 35 and stick with it to the end of their lives. My grandfather wore a fedora pretty much every day of his life. (but it looked pretty cute on him)

Not age appropriate - that's misleading, but body and style appropriate can never be bad.
  •