Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Ashley, I don't even know what to say.  I would never have thought that picture could have been you. When I look at pictures of transpeople I always try to picture them before transition. You totally don't look anything like I pictured. It's amazing how beautiful you are now from how you started.  Very impressive.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

Quote from: coldHeart on June 16, 2017, 09:36:59 AM
Well after looking through all the photos of you lovely Ladies I,ve realized I haven't a change in hell of looking like you lot.
I might as well said to my self  there's not point in transitioning, think my mind is made. Sara
Even my before and after pictures have major differences in them. My second therapist told me I looked to masculine to make a passible woman. Great thing to say to somebody with gender dysphoria. I have also seen others on the site who I wasn't sure would ever be able to pass but yet with makeup, hair and attitude, the magic happens. If you need help, some of the members are very skilled with appearance and if you give them a picture to work with, they may be able to give you some great advice.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deb Roz

Wow, wow, wow!!  You all look so amazing! 

I realize that I take your profile pictures for granted sometimes, like I think you just wake up like that one day.  Seeing before and after pics and I am so amazed, proud and inspired by how far you all have come.  And it is always so delightful to see how much happier you are now.  <3 <3 <3
Mid 30s, assigned male at birth, seriously questioning my gender for the first time.
  •  

Artesia

All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Kendra

Artesia - right on!  Your smile in today's photo is so genuine.  Seeing your smile makes me smile. 
And your hair is growing out nicely. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

KathyLauren

Artesia, I love the "today" shot.  That look is totally femme!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Julia1996

Hi Artesia.  You look good in that last picture. Totally passable.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Karen_A

Quote from: tgirlamc on June 16, 2017, 10:11:13 AM
Please take another look at post # 397 in this thread and tell me that much is not possible in this world!!!

Ashley,

While it might not have been  obvious, you started with MUCH better underlying starting material than most of us... That and good response to HRT and maybe FFS, got you to where very very few who don't transition very young get to.

yes looking like  Miss America is not important... but passing well is one of teh things that studies have shown correlates well to satisfaction after transition... And even among ggs looks make a huge difference in social experience.

- Karen

•  

Artesia

Mom

Me Today

I think I look like my mother.

Me no makeup
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Karen_A on June 16, 2017, 06:40:46 PM
Ashley,

While it might not have been  obvious, you started with MUCH better underlying starting material than most of us... That and good response to HRT and maybe FFS, got you to where very very few who don't transition very young get to.

yes looking like  Miss America is not important... but passing well is one of teh things that studies have shown correlates well to satisfaction after transition... And even among ggs looks make a huge difference in social experience.

- Karen

Hi Karen!!!

For me, the meaning of passing morphed along the way... Passing ( being perceived as a cis woman ) is certainly not something I count on... I think it does happen sometimes and sometimes not depending on lots of factors when I am interacting with strangers in my daily life....Honestly, I find it very hard to tell most of the time ... My usual assumption is that I don't although I have been getting signals lately that perhaps I am passing ( as cis ) more than I think and I think my voice has evolved more than I gave it credit for...,still considering VFS though!!!

I came to a point almost two years ago though when I decided that my hope should simply to be perceived as female... If people think I am cis... That's fine!... If they see a transwoman... That's fine too!...  I think that for me, trying to live in deep stealth would be so stressful... To be that invested in not being discovered would frazzle my nerves and affect my every interaction!!!...

Anyway...  I think coming to this point has allowed me to relax a bit more... To be gentle with myself... To be less brutally self critical....and just enjoy the ride... and it is a pretty cool ride indeed!!!

Onward we go!

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Karen_A

Hi Ashely,

You missed my points... This is not a thread for deep discussion, so after this I will drop it here.

First, it seemed to me you implied that because of your results anything is possible even at your age... unfortunately that is not true.. Your results are exceptional.

I was pointing out that your results were due in significant part to an very good underlying structure that many of simply don't have combined with other factors and I don't want people beating themselves up because no matter what they do, they can't look as good as you do because of factors beyond their control.

Quote from: tgirlamc on June 16, 2017, 10:51:15 PM
For me, the meaning of passing morphed along the way... Passing ( being perceived as a cis woman ) is certainly not something I count on...

My second point was about the importance of appearance in the world.

I was not talking about stealth... My second point was that, however unfair it is sometimes, looks DO matter in this society.

For us, even if you are out, if you look to be gg you will be accepted and treated better, and even more so if one is attractive. You may not realize that because of how you look, but that is something I have noticed over the years. People react to what they see/experience more than what they 'know' intellectually.

And as I said even among ggs, for women looks affects how one is treated a LOT more than they do for men.

Those two points put together can put a lot of emotional pressure on the less gifted ... which i think means that it's important to have realistic expectations to be able to deal sanely with transition.

I just wanted to point out that while huge changes in appearance can and do happen, they are not miracles,  and besides a lot of work (and in some cases money) the possible results are  influenced strongly by underlying individual physical characteristics/genetics. i don't want people beating themselves up for things they can't control.

Sorry for the diversion of the thread... I won't do it again.

- karen
  •  

I Am Jess

I haven't posted here in a while. I was told by some people that I would be one ugly woman. They were wrong. I'm glad I proved them wrong.

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

tgirlamg

Hi Karen!

My only wish in posting my before/after in this thread was to offer hope ... Not false hope...that a lot of change can be possible. Especially to those of us starting transition in our later years.

I think everyone should already understand that your starting point, in terms of bone structure and other factors will influence how much change might be achieved ... My starting point picture was there for all to see and they can make their own judgements about what is possible in their own case through hormones and surgery

I fully comprehend how deep the emotions can run in terms of our physical presentation and how it affects the way we are regarded and treated by others... This particular area of transition can be a minefield where one must tread lightly and with the utmost care...

As I indicated, I have no desire to offer false hope... I recognize from what you wrote that you see that as a possible outcome and I do concede to that as a possibility... I shall remain cognizant of that danger and let it temper my tone should I choose to post in this thread again.

Take Care Sister,

Ashley :)

Btw... Jess.... You proved them wrong and then some!!!... Congrats on how very far you came!!!!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Y'know, I have a request to make here which I realize is unorthodox but I think others would probably agree especially if she can comply:

So, @Warlockmaker, you look terrific and I'd love to see you toss up a timeline in this thread.

Whatcha say, lady? :icon_bumdance-nerd:

•  

Michelle_P

Some folks have mentioned that since I've done 1 year of HRT, I should do a Before&After for that period.  OK.  Just be forewarned, gnarly older person pics coming up.   The biggest changes are that my makeup and wardrobe skills are vastly improved, and I don't need the old silicone breast pads any more. 

The head shots, from before HRT, 2 months in, including one month on a fractional estradiol level, and 1 year in:

The full length shots, after 1 year of HRT, and way back at 1 month on spiro and no estradiol:

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Harley Quinn

Very nice Michelle! Looking quite lovely, rocking those skinny jeans. Happy Anniversary!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Quote from: Michelle_P on June 28, 2017, 11:46:28 PM

:eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty:  Sigh, you're doing this wrong; In the before pic, you're supposed to have a full beard, not be smiling, be fat, and be able to see the indignities of the world in your eyes.  That's a s**t-eating grin if I ever saw one, and you should be utterly ashamed to have been that happy as a woman living inside of that oppressive, vile, and privileged male homo sapien shell.

Seriously:  You're picture proof that noticeable differences are made without FFS or youth... you see the question "am I too old to transition?" posed often enough.  I hope you can help inspire others in the same boat to free themselves of their inner bondage.  Well done :icon_woowoo:

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 29, 2017, 07:23:06 AM
:eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty:  Sigh, you're doing this wrong; In the before pic, you're supposed to have a full beard, not be smiling, be fat, and be able to see the indignities of the world in your eyes.  That's a s**t-eating grin if I ever saw one, and you should be utterly ashamed to have been that happy as a woman living inside of that oppressive, vile, and privileged male homo sapien shell.

Seriously:  You're picture proof that noticeable differences are made without FFS or youth... you see the question "am I too old to transition?" posed often enough.  I hope you can help inspire others in the same boat to free themselves of their inner bondage.  Well done :icon_woowoo:

V.... Thanks for that good laugh along with my morning coffee! That first paragraph is funny s**t :)

Michelle... V's second paragraph is right on too!... You have settled beautifully into the change you have brought about and your feminine energy is as bright as the sun!... Well done indeed beautiful sister!!! :)

A :)

•  

KathyLauren

Time for me to post a before and after.  Before is four years ago.  After is this morning.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Ⓥ on June 29, 2017, 07:23:06 AM

LOL!  You made me look and my old diary and time stamps on the picture.  My bad!

The 'Before' shot was at a family event, a support event for my mother-in-law.  At that event, I had been on spiro for about 3 weeks, and from my diary, I had just told my sister-in-law about my true nature (against my ex's wishes, of course) and had just started experiencing the return of mental clarity and calm for extended periods of several hours.

That explains the grin!   :D

I had already been dieting and exercising like a madwoman, and had dropped my weight from 215 lbs down to about 148 that morning.  I hated the very idea of having a beard, and started electrolysis well before starting HRT.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •