Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 4.0)

Started by V M, June 11, 2016, 04:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie

The most astounding thing about all of these pictures is how much happier everyone looks.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Stevie on July 30, 2017, 07:02:09 PM

The most astounding thing about all of these pictures is how much happier everyone looks.
That's what makes this thread so much fun.  :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Karen_A on July 30, 2017, 05:55:51 PM
Out of curiosity, what procedures did you have?

- Karen

Hi Karen!

Okay... Here we go...

March 2014 ... (4 months after starting HRT) tracheal shave

January 2015 ...FFS (11.5 hours) scalp advance, brow lift, type III forehead recontouring, rhinoplasty, lip lift, chin re-shaping, chin advanced forward, jaw re-tapering and masseter muscle reduction

May 2015... GRS

November 2015... Additional facial soft tissue work (11.5 hours) upper/lower blephroplasty, upper facelift, brow lift, lower facelift, fat grafting to cheeks, jawline and under eye areas, some salivary gland removal to improve jawline and lower facelift results

Since that last procedure... I have had 4 surgeries ( 2 endoscopic, 2 involving coronal incision  and removal of the front of my skull)  to fix a complication from the type III forehead procedure...

My frontal sinus was not draining... The build up of fluid would pressure it's way out through the type III bone graft causing pain and swelling...( luckily I wear bangs!!!) :) Three of these surgeries were in the last 6 months and it is finally looking like the problem is fixed... Fingers crossed!!!... It has been a battle!!! :)

I am close to 40 hours on surgery tables in the last few years....and to think I had a lifelong fear of surgery!!!

And... Stevie!!!... Happier!!! That's an understatement sister!!!! :)!!!!

Onward we go!!!

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Karen_A

Quote from: tgirlamc on July 30, 2017, 09:00:33 PM
Hi Karen!

March 2014 ... (4 months after starting HRT) tracheal shave

Lots of facial work... much more than I!

I had FFS with Dr. O back in 1999 when I was 44 ... in one surgery Type I forehead, Jaw/chin (but opposite of you... Originally think Jay Lenno chin), nose, tracheal shave and scalp advance... Don't think he touched the masseter muscle, but don't really know.

I never went back for the face lift he wanted to do once the swelling subsided. I thought I looked OK and I did not think it would be worth the cost (I had take a 2nd mortgage on the house to pay for FFS)

I have to say your results are much more dramatic than mine!

Since that last procedure... I have had 4 surgeries ( 2 endoscopic, 2 involving coronal incision  and removal of the front of my skull)  to fix a complication from the type III forehead procedure...

I'm sorry you had to deal with complications, but glad they have been resolved...

I was lucky not to have any from FFS. (SRS had a minor one)

- Karen
  •  

tgirlamg

HI Karen!!!

Yeah I had Dr O as one of my surgeons as well!!!...  Complications are a part of surgery and a part of life I guess... It's okay... I'm pretty good at rolling with the punches and I didn't let it get me down near as much as I could have let it!!!

I had some GRS complications too but they all resolved well also!!!

Thanks for the sweet words sister!!!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Rachel_Christina

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on July 30, 2017, 05:55:43 PM
Wow! Great change!! Did you get FFS or was it just the hormones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Charlie Nicki, thank You I think it's great you see so much change that you think I had FFS :').
But nope I haven't. I honestly don't see to much change..
I have had no procedures of any kind so far.
Sometimes I think a few of the edges could get knocked of, but I haven't the money and I don't know what could be done anyway

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: tgirlamc on July 30, 2017, 04:23:37 PM
Hi Davina!...

It was admittedly... A bundle!!!.... Zero insurance coverage... I sold my house to cover the costs and by doing so, gave up what I viewed as my future security... My home, my job, my potential to find any future work that paid anything close... It all went into a box ...I threw the box off a cliff and then threw myself off as well

At that point in my life, nothing mattered but getting to where I wanted to be and experiencing what it was like being myself in this world... Even if only for a shining moment or two in time ...Even if what followed was to be living and dying destitute in a forgotten gutter ... A perfect moment or two in life seemed like a good trade ... I had been a homeless drug addict eating out of dumpsters in my younger days and that gave me strength to know I could survive anything

Happily, as is often the case in life.... My worst fears did not come to pass and I found at the bottom of the cliff was an amazing and beautiful world that had just been waiting for me to arrive

Onward we go brave sisters!!!

Julia... Thanks for the sweet words little sister!!!

These are perfect words! The past couple of days I've been thinking I might need FFS in the future and then I thought "do I want to wait years for it to be approved by my insurance? Or do I want to do it right away and spend a LOT of money (that I don't have and then I'll be in debt)? Is it really worth it?" and this post of yours definitely makes me think it's all worth it. Thanks!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on July 30, 2017, 11:06:25 PM
Hey Charlie Nicki, thank You I think it's great you see so much change that you think I had FFS :').
But nope I haven't. I honestly don't see to much change..
I have had no procedures of any kind so far.
Sometimes I think a few of the edges could get knocked of, but I haven't the money and I don't know what could be done anyway

I do see a difference! Your male self is like seeing your brother. The face is similar yet you can tell one is female and the other one is male, so believe me, hormones have done their thing!
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on July 31, 2017, 11:40:04 AM
These are perfect words! The past couple of days I've been thinking I might need FFS in the future and then I thought "do I want to wait years for it to be approved by my insurance? Or do I want to do it right away and spend a LOT of money (that I don't have and then I'll be in debt)? Is it really worth it?" and this post of yours definitely makes me think it's all worth it. Thanks!

Hi Charlie Nicki :)

I'm glad you found food for thought in my words ... We all have to weigh our options and choose the path that we are comfortable traveling and the one that feels right...In the the end, we are all victims or beneficiaries of the decisions we make... FFS is quite the process..  If I can ever be of help along your journey, please PM me anytime!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: tgirlamc on July 31, 2017, 11:53:58 AM
Hi Charlie Nicki :)

I'm glad you found food for thought in my words ... We all have to weigh our options and choose the path that we are comfortable traveling and the one that feels right...In the the end, we are all victims or beneficiaries of the decisions we make... FFS is quite the process..  If I can ever be of help along your journey, please PM me anytime!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Thanks! I'll add you to my contact list cuz I might need some advice next year if I do feel I need FFS (I'm still too early on hormones so want to wait and see what they do first).
  •  

galaxy

Congratulations for your amazing transitions!  :)
  •  

Alora

These before picture is a few years old...

Ive been on HRT coming up on 7 months now...

(forgive the pink dot, I'm thinking about getting a Monroe piercing)
(playing at MAC)

•  

coldHeart

Wow alora
What a different ,the last two photos you look stunning
Sara.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Yeah that is some crazy difference Alora! Amazing!

•  

LizK

Looking Great Alora...you look So different!! I love your Lippy
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

josie76

04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

I Am Jess

AMAZING difference Alora.  Keep rocking it!!
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Alora

Oh my gosh everyone... y'all totally made me cry. I look in the mirror every day and I see beautiful girl trying to get out but feel like she is still trapped sometimes.

Thank all so much for making my day.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

Wow, Alora you really do look amazing what a change
  •  

roseyfox

I rather not
  •