Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

On job interviews?

Started by Blackwaters427, July 05, 2016, 10:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

Hey so my gf and I have job interviews at a place called Firehouse Subs (think Subway on steroids), and I'm quite a bit nervous about this. Since I don't own any women's clothing or make up, I'm wearing a suit and tie with men's cologne. Ughhhhh!!!! *growls*
So anyway, my hair is kinda long, but not as long as I want it to be. But what if the job interviewer tells me "You'll have to get a haircut since you're a man"? Do I tell them I'm planning on transitioning and therefore I won't get a haircut? And if so, what's the likelihood that they'll refuse to hire me? And if they do refuse to hire me, how do I go about taking action?
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Dena

I don't know about their hiring policies but they may require you to wear a hair net while working. The primary issue is to keep stray hair out of the food and even with my shorter feminine cut, I find I shed a good deal of hair each day that ends up everywhere.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

FTMax

This is the Firehouse Subs Employee Manual: http://nebula.wsimg.com/fdc7f475ee17c51d6630681a8105af57?AccessKeyId=8061E7799BEF65AE23C1&disposition=0&alloworigin=1 It's for a Houston location, but is probably fairly similar elsewhere. Would be surprised if it wasn't exactly the same everywhere.

If you search for "dress code" in the text, it should point you to this:

"Personal Appearance - While on duty, excessive makeup and jewelry, as well as extreme hairstyles, are prohibited. Hair must be clean, well groomed and pulled back off the shoulder. Please limit hair colors to those that appear naturally in the human race. Hands and fingernails must be clean and well groomed as well. No fingernail polish allowed. Facial hair should be neat and well trimmed. For safety reasons, earrings may not be longer than one inch from the bottom of the earlobe and no visible body piercing. Gum chewing is not allowed at any time."

So they may ask you to tie your hair back, but likely won't ask you to cut it as long as you're keeping it clean and it isn't a non-naturally occurring color.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Blackwaters427

Quote from: FTMax on July 05, 2016, 04:41:54 PM
This is the Firehouse Subs Employee Manual: http://nebula.wsimg.com/fdc7f475ee17c51d6630681a8105af57?AccessKeyId=8061E7799BEF65AE23C1&disposition=0&alloworigin=1 It's for a Houston location, but is probably fairly similar elsewhere. Would be surprised if it wasn't exactly the same everywhere.

If you search for "dress code" in the text, it should point you to this:

"Personal Appearance - While on duty, excessive makeup and jewelry, as well as extreme hairstyles, are prohibited. Hair must be clean, well groomed and pulled back off the shoulder. Please limit hair colors to those that appear naturally in the human race. Hands and fingernails must be clean and well groomed as well. No fingernail polish allowed. Facial hair should be neat and well trimmed. For safety reasons, earrings may not be longer than one inch from the bottom of the earlobe and no visible body piercing. Gum chewing is not allowed at any time."

So they may ask you to tie your hair back, but likely won't ask you to cut it as long as you're keeping it clean and it isn't a non-naturally occurring color.

Thanks for the info! I gotta say, I'm very impressed with this website. Everyone is so chill and helpful here :D
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•