Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne Blake

Hi Liz, you need to cut the guy some slack. You said that he was an "Accident Investigator". Of course he didn't recognize you girl, you are by no means an accident. You are every bit the woman you are and intentional at that.....no accident, nothing for an investigator to notice.

But you have made all of us laugh and smile, thank you.

Tia Anne
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 20, 2018, 03:50:56 PM
Hi Liz, you need to cut the guy some slack. You said that he was an "Accident Investigator". Of course he didn't recognize you girl, you are by no means an accident. You are every bit the woman you are and intentional at that.....no accident, nothing for an investigator to notice.

But you have made all of us laugh and smile, thank you.

Tia Anne

Thanks Tia Anne I needed to read that[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on May 20, 2018, 03:38:34 PM
That's awesome Liz, I got confused for my mum the other week. Awkward was putting it mildly. You're response to his better half was classic. Good for you :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

sometimes you just gotta say it how it is lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Last Week my 2 year Tranniversary slipped by without me really saying too much about it. I was in the process of organising a new profile pic which I have now done. I have also updat4ed my Pic on the forum to show the progress I have made.

The photo you see of me in guy mode is from 9 months prior to starting HRT in late 2015. It is quite obvious that I am not a "happy camper" and I am always amazed when I see these type pf pics side by side.

The last 2 years have been full of great joys along with the lowest of lows and it is only now after all this time that I am beginning to accept that the "man in mirror" is fading. Each and every time I look in the mirror I see less and less of him. I guess that's progress!!

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 26, 2018, 08:52:17 PM
Last Week my 2 year Tranniversary slipped by without me really saying too much about it. I was in the process of organising a new profile pic which I have now done. I have also updat4ed my Pic on the forum to show the progress I have made.

The photo you see of me in guy mode is from 9 months prior to starting HRT in late 2015. It is quite obvious that I am not a "happy camper" and I am always amazed when I see these type pf pics side by side.

The last 2 years have been full of great joys along with the lowest of lows and it is only now after all this time that I am beginning to accept that the "man in mirror" is fading. Each and every time I look in the mirror I see less and less of him. I guess that's progress!!

Wow! That is an amazing transformation Liz. Your new profile pic looks great! Even better is that you look so much happier.

Happy 2 year tranniversary! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji324][emoji324][emoji324]

However, I am a little concerned.....you didn't update us on how many days until GCS. Surely you haven't stopped counting! [emoji23]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Anne Blake

Wow girl! Yes, procedures and chemistry do wonders but seeing the spirit and joy in your face, wow, what a change! I must admit when you and I first started writing some of his old spirit was pulling the joy from your heart but now, no sign of that. Yes, the ups and downs still come far to regularly but the Liz that is prominently showing in your picture....it is a pleasure to know you girlfriend.

Tia Anne
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Liz, I have been following your exploits for some time and all I can say is Bravo!  Looking at the current photo I see a beautiful and happy person.  Happy second tranniversary.  Keep smiling sister!!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Kendra

Liz, absolutely amazing in so many ways. 

Congratulations on two years as you.  Wow. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Nicole70

Congratulations Liz, you look wonderful, although we didn't get chance to speak it was great to see you in person last Wednesday evening.

Nicole
  •  

davina61

Poster girl for HRT, looking very well Liz now how many days is it as have lost count!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shy

I'd say it's progress Liz with a cherry on top and added sprinkles! Wow what a difference, you look amazing.

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 26, 2018, 09:23:26 PM
Wow! That is an amazing transformation Liz. Your new profile pic looks great! Even better is that you look so much happier.

Happy 2 year tranniversary! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji324][emoji324][emoji324]

However, I am a little concerned.....you didn't update us on how many days until GCS. Surely you haven't stopped counting! [emoji23]

Hugs,
Jayne

Jayne you are so right and no I haven't.... I didn't update you so here goes 183 Days 44 Minutes and 22 seconds (everyone sing along) "not that I am counting"....Thankyou for the kinds words of encouragement. Its this kind of support that help me to thrive!!

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 26, 2018, 09:47:52 PM
Wow girl! Yes, procedures and chemistry do wonders but seeing the spirit and joy in your face, wow, what a change! I must admit when you and I first started writing some of his old spirit was pulling the joy from your heart but now, no sign of that. Yes, the ups and downs still come far to regularly but the Liz that is prominently showing in your picture....it is a pleasure to know you girlfriend.

Tia Anne

Tia Anne you and I started this journey at the same time and we have both had "our moments" and I am so glad we got to share them. Thankyou for your words of encouragement., its always nice to hear a compliment.

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on May 26, 2018, 10:25:10 PM
Liz, I have been following your exploits for some time and all I can say is Bravo!  Looking at the current photo I see a beautiful and happy person.  Happy second tranniversary.  Keep smiling sister!!
Judi

Hi Judi I am so glad my posts have meant something to you and hopefully they have also been of some help even if only as entertainment.  ;) Thanks for your support I appreciate it.

Quote from: Kendra on May 27, 2018, 04:56:24 AM
Liz, absolutely amazing in so many ways. 

Congratulations on two years as you.  Wow. 

Hard to believe isn't it..2 years...Hope you are recovering from your facial rearrangement  :D

Quote from: Nicole70 on May 27, 2018, 07:10:55 AM
Congratulations Liz, you look wonderful, although we didn't get chance to speak it was great to see you in person last Wednesday evening.

Nicole

Nicole thankyou so much, I wish  we had gotten the chance to chat as I love meeting gals from the board never mind next time maybe. I will certainly be going if Mazzini does another one. Thank you for your kinds words.

Quote from: davina61 on May 27, 2018, 01:44:29 PM
Poster girl for HRT, looking very well Liz now how many days is it as have lost count!!!!

Never considered myself to be a poster girl for HRT LOL, Sounds good to me though!! but then again I am still chasing "her" in the mirror...my brain is being a little slow to catch up....time will soon fix that.

Quote from: Shy on May 27, 2018, 02:46:38 PM
I'd say it's progress Liz with a cherry on top and added sprinkles! Wow what a difference, you look amazing.

Sadie

Thanks Sadie, it feels like progress finally after all this time, especially since I never thought HRT would make that much difference, yet here I am 2 years down the track and feeling as good about myself as I look.

I really do appreciate the comments and input I get from everybody. Sometimes its easy to forget how far we have come and I am as guilty as anyone for doing this.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

183 days, 16 minutes, 12 seconds, 11, 10, 9, 8 ....

Counting with you Liz!!!

•  

HappyMoni

Catching up here Liz! Congratulations on you being so awesome. Love the before and after, well... the after is like WOW, so happy and so you! You look wonderful! I look back fondly on our Skype session when 'that woman' was here. (Never saw her so quiet!) It was a pleasure talking to you. Sorry about my funny accent! lol
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

LizK

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 31, 2018, 08:27:37 PM
Catching up here Liz! Congratulations on you being so awesome. Love the before and after, well... the after is like WOW, so happy and so you! You look wonderful! I look back fondly on our Skype session when 'that woman' was here. (Never saw her so quiet!) It was a pleasure talking to you. Sorry about my funny accent! lol
Moni

Moni I loved our Skype call and would be only to happy to do it again any time you want. Ask "that woman" and she will tell you I can babble on for hours given half a chance.

Thank you for being to lovely about my new pics...it took 183 selfies over 4 days to get that one LOL

I am so glad to hear from you but then again I am a bit slack with my correspondence.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on May 28, 2018, 01:57:08 AM
183 days, 16 minutes, 12 seconds, 11, 10, 9, 8 ....

Counting with you Liz!!!

:icon_bumdance-nerd: :icon_bumdance-nerd: sub 180 days...under 6 months..OMG!!!
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Time is ticking away but who is counting? Right?

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 03, 2018, 12:28:28 AM

Yay, 180 days, just enough time for a trip around the world. ;D

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Under 6 months, recon that's an early Christmas prezie then
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 03, 2018, 12:28:28 AM
How exciting!! 6 months will be here before you know it. [emoji126][emoji126][emoji126]
  •