Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole70

Well done Liz, as someone who struggles with weight issues I can appreciate just how hard you are working on it, you must be so pleased [emoji3]
  •  

KathyLauren

Congratulations on reaching a major milestone, Liz!   :icon_dance:
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

Wonderful Liz, it's all coming together and with your weight loss your surgeries will be much easier on you.  Easier to heal when your healthy.

It is now 141 days 20 hours 32 minutes

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jayne01

Hey Liz! Congrats on the weight loss milestone. At this rate, with your positive attitude, you will easily achieve the 90kg goal. Forget the surgeon's 96kg requirement, you will zip right through that to where you want to be.

Now, is anyone around here counting? How much time is nail Liz's GCS? [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Kendra

Liz I am so proud of you!!  Way to go girl! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Hey congrats  Liz..... In regard to losing weight  .....it may be worth your while to watch the "magic pill" on Netflix
my doc steered me towards it..... and I find it works😉
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on July 08, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
Blathering, no!  WOW that's a lot of news!   Congratulations on the 100kg milestone.  90kg, here you come!

Sometimes it feels like I write too much...I am really happy with the weight loss and determined to see it through

Quote from: Nicole70 on July 08, 2018, 07:09:38 PM
Well done Liz, as someone who struggles with weight issues I can appreciate just how hard you are working on it, you must be so pleased [emoji3]

Thankyou Nicole a kindred spirit is always welcome  ;)

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 08, 2018, 07:55:52 PM
Congratulations on reaching a major milestone, Liz!   :icon_dance:

:icon_dance: you got it...thats how I feel about it...thanks Kathy

Quote from: Jessica on July 08, 2018, 08:30:10 PM
Wonderful Liz, it's all coming together and with your weight loss your surgeries will be much easier on you.  Easier to heal when your healthy.

It is now 141 days 20 hours 32 minutes

Hugs and smiles, Jess

are you sure.....I just checked and it said 140 days 21hrs 28 minutes (BWC)

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 08, 2018, 09:08:24 PM
Hey Liz! Congrats on the weight loss milestone. At this rate, with your positive attitude, you will easily achieve the 90kg goal. Forget the surgeon's 96kg requirement, you will zip right through that to where you want to be.

Now, is anyone around here counting? How much time is nail Liz's GCS? [emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne

Not sure there is anyone counting...can't hear anything...I am aiming at the 90kgs and we will see how the BMI is looking and reassess from there...thanks for the support

Quote from: Kendra on July 09, 2018, 05:37:07 AM
Liz I am so proud of you!!  Way to go girl! 

Thanks Kendra thats lovely

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on July 09, 2018, 06:35:12 AM
Hey congrats  Liz..... In regard to losing weight  .....it may be worth your while to watch the "magic pill" on Netflix
my doc steered me towards it..... and I find it works

Just pulled it up on Netflix and watched the opening 10 minutes or so and I want to know more so will go back to it shortly...thanks very much.

Drexy on your original message you will see there is a smiley face/wink...can you remember what you used to put it there...I know thats a weird question and I am happy to explain but suffice to say that when I include that smiley face as part of the reply quote the page will not let me post nor preview...I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions in the past and I could never work out why but I think this could be a clue to the answer.

I really appreaciate the support and encouragement from you all.

I will let you all know when I hit my next goal of 96kgs...sometime in the next 14- 28 days...with any luck!!

Take care

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Cindy

I'm a few days behind on all of the news but what a great way to catch up!

Well done on the weight Hon.

Fantastic about the money and that it finally came through.

Lovely to hear things are working out so well.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Snipped:
Quote from: ElizabethK on July 10, 2018, 02:33:27 AM
Sometimes it feels like I write too much...I am really happy with the weight loss and determined to see it through
-    -    -    -    -    -
    -    -    -    -    -    -
I will let you all know when I hit my next goal of 96kgs...sometime in the next 14- 28 days...with any luck!!

Take care

Liz

@ElizabethK
Dear Liz:
No, No, No.... please never feel like you write too much...  while I believe it is good therapy for any of us to write things out and to explore our feelings in that way, either on our private personal journal or on the Forums... it is just as important for your readers and followers to keep up with your goings-on in your life and your journey... we want to be able to rejoice with you in your triumphs and be there to support you in your setbacks. 
Also, what you state in your updates can be an encouragement and perhaps instructional for others.

YES INDEED, that is terrific that you achieved your intermediate goal ,,, 
...next step... 96Kgs... absolutely we want to you let us know when you hit that... ONE STEP AT A TIME

No, and it is not luck that you are able to do this... it is hard work, YOUR determination and sheer willpower... congratulations are in order for sure.

Hugs and continued well wishes....
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 10, 2018, 09:34:25 AM
Snipped:
@ElizabethK
Dear Liz:
No, No, No.... please never feel like you write too much...  while I believe it is good therapy for any of us to write things out and to explore our feelings in that way, either on our private personal journal or on the Forums... it is just as important for your readers and followers to keep up with your goings-on in your life and your journey... we want to be able to rejoice with you in your triumphs and be there to support you in your setbacks. 
Also, what you state in your updates can be an encouragement and perhaps instructional for others.

YES INDEED, that is terrific that you achieved your intermediate goal ,,, 
...next step... 96Kgs... absolutely we want to you let us know when you hit that... ONE STEP AT A TIME

No, and it is not luck that you are able to do this... it is hard work, YOUR determination and sheer willpower... congratulations are in order for sure.

Hugs and continued well wishes....
Danielle

I love coming on to my thread and seeing your bright happy smile beaming out at me...I needed to see that this morning!! Thankyou.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Time for a good slapping, Please take a number off the counter, have a seat and you will be called through for a slap shortly...

Why do I deserve a slap "upside my head" you may ask...well....because of this...

Over the last 6-9 months I have become increasingly concerned about my voice. Despite my efforts to resit these concerns I have found that it really bothers me intensely. I have had voice lessons prior and have a reasonable middle range voice...more androgynous than female. I did notice when I was using for a short period but all the time that my average pitch began to rise to the point where it was averaged at about 190mkz which is at the lower end of female range but a long way from the average I would like.

During this time I had a conversation with my wife in which I came away believing that she wanted me to use my natural voice when I was with her. She seemed to indicate that it might take some time for her to "adjust" to me having a new voice but at the moment preferred I use my natural voice with her. I was upset but agreed because this is the first thing she has actually asked of me in regards my transition so I was happy to comply in the hope she would eventually be Okay with it.

I have become more and more anxious about my voice over the last few months as it seems to have "slipped" back because of lack of use. I really felt I needed to do something about it bit was in fear of upsetting my wife so I decided I would just see how she was feeling about things since it had been 6 months or so since we spoke about it.

When I asked her about it she sat there and looked at me with a puzzled expression and said..."No, no, I don't think I said that...I understand what you...." and went on to tell me that she was fully supportive of me changing my voice as it was a necessity. I was stunned all I could do was apologise for my part in the misunderstanding. How could I have got that piece of information so very very wrong...what a complete idiot, I have completely screwed this up... I totally misread the whole situation and to make matter worse I then put myself through a number of months of anxiety, worrying and trying to fix something that was not broken...what a dope!!. I could have been working on my new voice months ago...It just shows that even after 33 years I can still screw up communication with my wife. It seemed odd that she should have an issue with this one thing considering we are off to Melbourne for a spot of shopping and GCS in November...her having an issue with my voice never sat right with me and now I know why.

So from that minute in time I have dropped using my old voice at all and will continue to work at improving my trained one to the point I was at, which shouldn't take too long. I will make an appointment with the therapist and have her assess where I am at and where she thinks I can realistically get too without surgery. My wife is also fully supportive should I wish to have my voice surgically altered....yup mind blown.

So who would like to go first....
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jayne01

•  

KathyLauren

(((Hug)))

No slaps here.  Miscommunication happens.  Maybe it was you, maybe it was her.  It doesn't matter now, you are moving on.  You get to use your proper voice now.  That is what matters.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

Hug? Can you tell Kathy is Canadian? Always so nice!  Me on the other had,  the ugly American, will give you a slap. Well, that's because the make up hugs are so much better after. lol Happy to hear of your weight loss and your now loss of your misunderstanding on the voice. Can't wait to hear about the surgery coming up. And Liz, no misunderstandings, tell them "the middle leg" goes!
Moni
Anyone else notice how eager Laurie  is to slap?
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Michelle_P

QuoteSo from that minute in time I have dropped using my old voice at all and will continue to work at improving my trained one to the point I was at, which shouldn't take too long. I will make an appointment with the therapist and have her assess where I am at and where she thinks I can realistically get too without surgery. My wife is also fully supportive should I wish to have my voice surgically altered....yup mind blown.

Communications is important.  *SIGH*  I learned that one the hard way.

Liz, I think you will find that using only your correct, feminine voice 24/7 will lead to rapid improvements.  I've been doing this for over a year, and am finally developing the strength I need in my vocal mechanisms to speak with any volume.  Believe it or not, that voice in the sermon I posted recently is the 'new and improved' voice.  The old voice was much deeper, and lacked prosody and proper control.

It does take time, and I honestly believe that doing it 24/7 is the only way to make our proper voice automatically present, and reduFollow up:  Jess and I had a great time looking at the American Precisionist art and derivative works (even bookcases and cocktail shakers!).  We followed up with lice the chance of our accidentally slipping into the masculine voice when distracted.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

No that's middle wicket, have to sent the upside down rellys around to smack your bum
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Michelle_P on July 12, 2018, 10:06:44 AM
We followed up with lice

@Michelle_P

Really? I hope you have rid yourself of them before I come visit again.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Communication is always difficult and seems so easily mucked up during transition. But as someone that is all done and time to move on.

I agree that using the trained voice 24/7 is the only way for it to appear natural and to sound that way. I dod not want surgery of I can avoid it however it is one of the biggest tells when I am out if not using my trained voice. My pitch has slipped back to about 170 but I will continue to work on that. When I speak to my thereapist we can discuss the surgery alternatives.

Take care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

AnonyMs

Dr Kim from Yeson in Korea is in Sydney and Melbourne in November. He's extremely well regarded in voice feminization surgery.
  •