Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: Nicole70 on August 22, 2018, 05:33:13 PM
Good news that you have got through operation 1 Liz and are recovering, not so good that some didn't treat you with respect, most unprofessional and especially from medical staff.

Hope your recovery continues well.

Hugs

Nicole

@Nicole

Hi Nicole
Thanks for the kind words....been a little slow on my feet as you would expect!!

Quote from: Jessica on August 22, 2018, 05:35:51 PM
Congratulations Liz  one down, 3 months to go till the next! 
It's happening Liz, and I love how they asked if you could be pregnant!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

I know classic stuff after all I said about the name thing. It happened just before I wen through to have the procedure and up until then I had been upset but that put a smile On my face...it was a bit weird but still fun!!

Quote from: Cindy on August 22, 2018, 05:37:20 PM
Hi Liz,

A complaint to the Patient advocate at FMC is called for. I'm in there today and will get the details. There is no excuse for that behaviour and the case notes disgrace.
See you Friday.

I agree and unfortunately it spoiled what was otherwise a really good experience. I will definitely be following up on this so will chat Friday about how to fix this.

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 22, 2018, 07:54:33 PM
Hi Liz,

I'm so glad the pump replacement procedure went well for you. The interaction with the rude staff was unfortunate. I'm sorry you had to endure that kind of treatment from people that should know better.

I hope you are following the Dr advice with recovery chocolate and coffee. Perhaps more chocolate and less coffee. [emoji23]

Your countdown is really starting to look good now. I am also feeling excitement for you. The countdown will reach "0" before you know it.

Rest well and recover and then get back into your fitness routine, but only after you are recovered.

Hugs,
Jayne

Thanks Jayne

Rude staff (Shrug) what can you do...i will get my case notes fixed. I am behaving and have taken  "a few hits for the team" and eaten some chocolate  with a bit more to come no doubt. Tomorrow I will walk the mutt which is usually about a KM and that will be the start of my reintroducing exercise I expect to be back to 7-8 ks by next week

Quote from: Jessica on August 22, 2018, 08:04:40 PM

Liz, where do you want next months diet supplement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jess just let me move my snack for tonight

Then you can put the rest in my pantry if there is any room  ;D

I really was getting low....you know how well they work as diet supplements after all LOL

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on August 22, 2018, 08:30:36 PM
Rest well Liz.  You're well under 100 days and getting closer for the big one.   I would listen to Cindy about voicing your concern.
Judi

Hi Judi yes I agree with you it is not an acceptable situation and I will need ti sorted before my hip replacement.

Under 100 days and I can feel the excitement building and I just want it to be here now. I still have a few things left to organise but its mainly just details.

Thank you all for you kind words and advice

The case notes situation was not ideal however the medical staff all treated me very well despite  the case notes. The three people who were "off" with me were support staff and I wanted to make that distinction.  All the medical staff were nothing but professional. I don't actually think this should be a difficult issue to get sorted and I am sure Cindy knows enough about that particular hospital to point me in the right direction.

I have had a very quiet day with only mild discomfort. My daughter came over bearing gifts of chocolate and two brand new DVD's Jack Reacher and The Dark Tower.

Resting up for the rest of the day with hopefully a little more energy tomorrow.

For those of you playing along at home 96D15H5MBWCA?

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@LizK
Dear Liz: 
Your updates lately have been most informational and some are so much fun to read, especially all of the "candy" comments and pictures being posted.

I am so glad that you are on the mend and that things are going well for you even if your are still moving slowly ... so sorry to hear of the "unprofessional and disrespectful" medical staff...  in most cases, the medical community doesn't do those types of things improperly....   but at least the procedures are completed.

So, what is next, you are going to announce that you are pregnant???   LOL   ;) :)

Again, it was a joy for me to see all the activity, comments, and candy pictures on your thread lately.

Thank you for sharing so freely with all of us.

Hugs and as always, my best wishes for you.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

Hi Danielle

This is my third attempt to write this post. Twice our delightful board has refreshed on me causing the loss of two extensive replies. maybe thirds time is a the treat  :D

Over the last couple of years I have really battled with the issues surrounding my family which caused me to crawl under that blanket of depression and withdraw. About 6 months ago I managed to drag myself out from under that and begin to engage again with the world.

As I have progressed through my transition I have learned so much about myself and I guess also about human nature in general. I also don't take myself as seriously as I used to and tend to laugh a lot more than I did, I certainly seem to have more joy and happiness in my life.

I am starting to take the focus away from "everything transition" and making room for other things in my life. But as I am a sure you can relate too when you spend most of your life suppressing your true nature it takes awhile to sort out what you actual do like and now what you are supposed to like. 

Now that I am able to blend in a bit better its not quite as difficult as it used to be to just get on with life. I don't tend to even think about that anymore when for a long time it took a lot of my focus. The next few months are going to be full of the recovery from surgery in prep for more surgery. Hence my fitness stuff and weightless. Which I might add has made me feel pretty fell pretty good about myself.  :laugh:

What happened at the hospital was unfortunate and may never have happened in the first place had my old name not been all over the front of my case notes. I will be speaking to Cindy today and I think she will be able to help me nut out who can fix this for the future. I have to say the Dr's and Nurses were very professional...the support staff...not so much.                                                                                   

Thank you for you posts and following along on my somewhat rambling thread  ;)

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

I'm glad you are doing so well....pissed about those boneheads at the hospital .....though
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@LizK
Dear Liz:
Thank you for your 3rd effort to write a reply post on your own thread!!!   I know that is so very frustrating to compose a lengthy and detailed comment and just about the time that you hit the send button.... it all disappears...

I have learned, particularly on long replies to "copy" it at least half way through so I don't lose the entire thing when the worst happens.

Yes, I am glad to see that you are at the point of your transition journey when FINALLY you are not totally consumed with everything that relates to transition and that you can start dealing with living your life and paying attention to other areas that have been neglected in your everyday life.

For sure, put the hospital bad experience behind you...  there will always be unpleasant moments that will try to pull you down but the important thing is to move on and get on with what is enjoyable and pleasant to you.   Hang around those that fully accept you and be involved in encouraging life endeavors.

Yes indeed, the road ahead for you will be continuing recovery and getting back in shape for more surgery procedures....    and in the process you are getting in better shape physically and with your weight .... and naturally you will indeed feel better, and feel better about yourself.   

In spite of all that is going on I am so glad that you are staying positive and optimistic about your future as you continue toward your goals.

And in responsive to you very last sentence  ....   don't worry about your "somewhat rambling thread" .... what you are chronicling are your life events, by definition life events are indeed "rambling"...
Your followers are enjoying reading about your journey and we are always ready to lend an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on.

Thanks for letting us into your life ....
Best wishes and HUGS,
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

"I am starting to take the focus away from "everything transition" and making room for other things in my life. But as I am a sure you can relate too when you spend most of your life suppressing your true nature it takes awhile to sort out what you actual do like and now what you are supposed to like."

Liz this is a good sign.  You are certainly making progress.  We all need to make room in life for things we love.  We have all seen this in you recently.  Wonderful!
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Stevi

Liz,

As I was catching up on your thread I thought to myself that it is so heartening to see the transformation I have seen.  I am so glad you are seeing it and fee!ing it yourself.

Stevi
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on August 26, 2018, 08:08:01 AM
I'm glad you are doing so well....pissed about those boneheads at the hospital .....though

Yeah not a great outcome...it is also a long way from over. I don't wan t this to happen to anyone else so I am taking steps to ensure it doesn't.

Quote from: Stevi on August 27, 2018, 07:56:50 AM
Liz,

As I was catching up on your thread I thought to myself that it is so heartening to see the transformation I have seen.  I am so glad you are seeing it and fee!ing it yourself.

Stevi

Thank you Stevi yes i am feeling much better these days. The crap with my family had set me back a bit but i am slowly rebounding...thank you for your kind thoughts

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on August 26, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
"I am starting to take the focus away from "everything transition" and making room for other things in my life. But as I am a sure you can relate too when you spend most of your life suppressing your true nature it takes awhile to sort out what you actual do like and now what you are supposed to like."

Liz this is a good sign.  You are certainly making progress.  We all need to make room in life for things we love.  We have all seen this in you recently.  Wonderful!
Judi

Hi Judi I think for me my life had become so consumed with Transition that it has become easy to lose sight of the goal...and the good part is that I have made huge inroads into obtaing that goal...there is still a little way to go but all in good time as they say...all in good time

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 26, 2018, 08:50:11 AM
@LizK
For sure, put the hospital bad experience behind you...  there will always be unpleasant moments that will try to pull you down but the important thing is to move on and get on with what is enjoyable and pleasant to you.   Hang around those that fully accept you and be involved in encouraging life endeavors.

Thanks for letting us into your life ....
Best wishes and HUGS,
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle

My philosophy has been "Pick your battles" and in this case this is a battle I am going to pick and also win. Yes it is going to be hard having to go over the situation a number times and remember how difficult it was but if at the end of it all I am able to help prevent another person from experiencing the kind of total humiliation that I experienced then in my eyes it is a worthwhile battle. 

Thanks for your thoughts on the situation I have certainly taken them into consideration and I hope you will continue to post in this thread because I really do appreciate your well thought out constructive posts. They quite often put a smile on my face or make me think a little harder about things.... which in most cases is a good thing. :D

Thank you all for the support it is always appreciated.

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Monday morning update on Tuesday  ;)

Yesterday was full of Dr's and hospitals all of which has ended pretty well. My GP didn't sling me out the door for quitting on the diabetic meds and understood why I had ceased them and has even agreed, to me staying off them until next bloods in 4 weeks but she is predicting I will have to go back on them and I am predicting that the blood tests will bear out my claim  that I am not diabetic... never have been, nothing changed except  they way they measured my blood results anyway I have 2 weeks of BSL readings with nothing over 6.3 so we shall see at the end of the month.

Today I returned for my first walk in a week and completed 6ks in a reasonable time and pace. I weighed myself 3 times to ensure it was accurate and came in at 94.4 which is a 600 gram gain I have to be realistic here considering I did nothing for nearly 5 days straight, the out come was pretty good I thought. I have no doubt that by next weigh in I will easily have lost that and  hopefully be a little closer to my secondary 90kg goal.

I have a voice surgeons appointment tomorrow and will be really interested to see what if anything he is able to do for me...if my therapist is right he may well be able to move my pitch to a place where it "becomes" my voice and is not something I need to think about. I will do a write up after seeing him first thing tomorrow morning. The rest of my day is full of the boring stuff called housework!!! Hope everyone has a great day...until tomorrow.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Liz,

Well done getting back into your walking. It's good to see you have not lost determination after taking a short break following your surgery. I have no doubt that you will achieve your weight goal prior to your next surgery.

I am a little confused with your diabetic situation. Did the doctors tell you that you have diabetes when you don't and then put you on medication for it? Wouldn't that cause problems?

Good luck with the voice surgeon appointment tomorrow. Hope you get some encouraging news. I'm looking forward to reading what he is able to do for you.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Hi Liz good on you for making  that a project .....you know that little gain  maybe muscle after all those walks would be building up your legs....it  can be confusing unless you have scales that measure your water content , bone density and fat ....or you can
can always get a baseline dexa scan and work from that .... anyway you are doing well ....  Courage in spades👍😁 you go girl 😊
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 28, 2018, 07:09:18 AM
Hi Liz,

Well done getting back into your walking. It's good to see you have not lost determination after taking a short break following your surgery. I have no doubt that you will achieve your weight goal prior to your next surgery.

I am a little confused with your diabetic situation. Did the doctors tell you that you have diabetes when you don't and then put you on medication for it? Wouldn't that cause problems?

Good luck with the voice surgeon appointment tomorrow. Hope you get some encouraging news. I'm looking forward to reading what he is able to do for you.

Hugs,
Jayne

Hi Jayne

Thank you for your post I will be making a post about the Voice Surgery after this one.

Back to your question about the Diabetes. I have physical damage to the outside of my pancreas which gives me chronic pain however I was very lucky that my panc works at all considering what I did to it. Anyway bottom line is that it works fine. What has changed though was that when I had the occasional HBA1C diabetic test done it would range somewhere between 6.8 - 7.1 but never 2 readings in a row 7 over.  It is expected that it should not be any higher than 7 so one of my Dr's asked if I would look at taking a preventative dose of metformin just to help the organ cope and thinking heck its for my own health why not .... a little bit will help with weight loss as well. I agree and discuss it with my GP and I take a very small dose. Over the next 2 months my Dr increases this to the level of a normal diabetic and I am feeling really unwell.

I say to her that I don't understand why the dose is so high etc etc and she tells me its because I am diabetic ...I went what? Yes well you are taking metformin and you have had two consecutive HBA1C results over 6.5 I said to her I thought the cut off was 7 and she says "because you take diabetic medication you parameters move from 7 to 6.5 and that puts you in the diabetic range" So I said my heath has not changed at all only the line by which I am judged as diabetic and had I not agreed in the first place to take the preventative purely optional medication then I would not now be diagnosed as diabetic. :eusa_naughty:  She started to ge annoyed with me so I backed off ast a million miles an hour and we agreed we could work this out.

You may well say, what is the harm? you will get looked after better? I agree, I would if I was diabetic but when you are not the medication makes me feel disgusting. An example of minor things...When I had my pump replaced last week I had some nut wanting to do my BSL because they noted I was diabetic and had declined a sandwhich after surgery, As importantly once you have a diagnosis of diabetes it changes your risk factoring, so this in turn creates more issues ....For example I have been taking my blood sugars for weeks and I have never had one over 7 unless I had been eating and most of the time they sit between 5.9 and 6.3. I was feeling so sick on the medication the Dr wanted me taking which was in fact more than my properly diagnosed diabetic wife....my wife who is also a nurse suggested I take my BSL each morning before having my meds and if they were ok then not take the meds until I can see my Dr about it, so I did and I have not had a morning reading over 6.3. :eusa_naughty:

I really like my Dr so didn't want to get her off side over it but I just felt so sick on the meds so that's why she has agreed to keep me off the metformin until the next HBA1C report in which she is adamant the numbers will have gone up and I am just as adamant it will be about the same or gone down because I am not Diabetic. If this is the result of doing something pro-active then I won't be doing that again a hurry  :eusa_hand: 

I hope that explains the Diabetic situation or lack of it...when my bloods come back with the second HBA1C in a row under 7 with no medication then her argument is lost. The problem is they see chronic pancreatitis as a diagnosis and assume I am diabetic, a more accurate diagnosis might be chronic pain but technically it is pancreatitis but certainly not in the classical sense. Classically you would see major organ impairment and Type 1 Diabetes. I have neither of those things in fact I lack any of the other classic symptoms. Thanks for reading my ramble

Take care

Liz

91d12H11M BWCA?

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Drexy/Drex on August 28, 2018, 07:57:19 AM
Hi Liz good on you for making  that a project .....you know that little gain  maybe muscle after all those walks would be building up your legs....it  can be confusing unless you have scales that measure your water content , bone density and fat ....or you can
can always get a baseline dexa scan and work from that .... anyway you are doing well ....  Courage in spades
you go girl

Hiya Drexy

I got to say I am not that bothered about the numbers for this week...I kind of expected to put some weight on....no exercise for 5 days straight in fact most of that was spent being sedentary waiting on things to heal up. I take your point about building muscle and I am as focused on shape as I am on weight  but I have to be really careful of the type of exercise I do so as not to aggravate anything. Slowly is fine and I still have plenty to lose...I think once it stops dropping off every part of my body apart from my stomach I will be happier!!! My Stomach definitely belongs to the "old boy"...heck I don't even drink!! how unfair is it to have a beer belly and not have had a drink for 18 years LOL :icon_drunk:

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

I had an appointment today with the local voice surgeon. I don't know how many of you have had the joy of a "nasal camera" it went right up my nose to a point where I could clearly see my vocal cords working their little "chords" off on the 42incg colour monitor in front of me..bless them LOL. Last time I had this done nearly 15 years ago they just about had to sedate me to get the camera up my nose. However this Dr had such a great technique that I tolerated it to the point of actually smiling and laughing with him.

He gets it!! He understands the needs of Trans womens when it comes to their voices and really wants to help our community...He was not only very polite and eloquent, he had certain humbleness that is an admiral trait and is found wanting in many Dr with great skills. His bedside manner was a winner with men as he was a real sweetheart with me and said to me with a genuine look of concern "Do people really still misgender you"...Okay guy you got me...I am putty in your hands(nice hands they were too).....Hmmmm

He explained the proceedure and checked my vocal structure. He advised me of the risks and along with what and how he would achieve the rise in my pitch. With a coimbination of Laser and gel. He talked to me about my expectation and I told hium that I can blend to the point where people may be undure about my gender but as soon as I open my mouth then its all over. on the rare occcasions I can get my voice working I don't get misgendered/ not gendered. He was pleased I had attempted voice therapy and he felt he could shift my range up nearer average female but there were no guarantees.

Recovery means no talking for three days at least and then over the next 2 weeks we move to talking normally...

My health fund is likely to cover most of the cost so the funds are not really an issue...He wants to wait till after November to avoid any potentiol damage fro intubation during GCS so I have booked for the 1st February 2019 to have it done...yeah I mean wow...yup gonna happen if I want it...So that remains the questions...this is yet another "there is no going back" situations.

Maybe I need another Countdown....

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Kendra

Liz, you go girl!  With a voice closer to your goals in February.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jayne01

Hi Liz,

Thank you for sharing the information about your non diabetic situation. It all seems to have gotten very complicated with the way everyone involved understands your specific condition.  Other than you and your wife, everyone else seems utterly confused. Hopefully your next lots of tests will set everyone straight.

Hugs Jayne!

Less than 90 days!!! BWCA

Quote from: LizK on August 29, 2018, 03:51:57 AM
Hi Jayne

Thank you for your post I will be making a post about the Voice Surgery after this one.

Back to your question about the Diabetes. I have physical damage to the outside of my pancreas which gives me chronic pain however I was very lucky that my panc works at all considering what I did to it. Anyway bottom line is that it works fine. What has changed though was that when I had the occasional HBA1C diabetic test done it would range somewhere between 6.8 - 7.1 but never 2 readings in a row 7 over.  It is expected that it should not be any higher than 7 so one of my Dr's asked if I would look at taking a preventative dose of metformin just to help the organ cope and thinking heck its for my own health why not .... a little bit will help with weight loss as well. I agree and discuss it with my GP and I take a very small dose. Over the next 2 months my Dr increases this to the level of a normal diabetic and I am feeling really unwell.

I say to her that I don't understand why the dose is so high etc etc and she tells me its because I am diabetic ...I went what? Yes well you are taking metformin and you have had two consecutive HBA1C results over 6.5 I said to her I thought the cut off was 7 and she says "because you take diabetic medication you parameters move from 7 to 6.5 and that puts you in the diabetic range" So I said my heath has not changed at all only the line by which I am judged as diabetic and had I not agreed in the first place to take the preventative purely optional medication then I would not now be diagnosed as diabetic. :eusa_naughty:  She started to ge annoyed with me so I backed off ast a million miles an hour and we agreed we could work this out.

You may well say, what is the harm? you will get looked after better? I agree, I would if I was diabetic but when you are not the medication makes me feel disgusting. An example of minor things...When I had my pump replaced last week I had some nut wanting to do my BSL because they noted I was diabetic and had declined a sandwhich after surgery, As importantly once you have a diagnosis of diabetes it changes your risk factoring, so this in turn creates more issues ....For example I have been taking my blood sugars for weeks and I have never had one over 7 unless I had been eating and most of the time they sit between 5.9 and 6.3. I was feeling so sick on the medication the Dr wanted me taking which was in fact more than my properly diagnosed diabetic wife....my wife who is also a nurse suggested I take my BSL each morning before having my meds and if they were ok then not take the meds until I can see my Dr about it, so I did and I have not had a morning reading over 6.3. :eusa_naughty:

I really like my Dr so didn't want to get her off side over it but I just felt so sick on the meds so that's why she has agreed to keep me off the metformin until the next HBA1C report in which she is adamant the numbers will have gone up and I am just as adamant it will be about the same or gone down because I am not Diabetic. If this is the result of doing something pro-active then I won't be doing that again a hurry  :eusa_hand: 

I hope that explains the Diabetic situation or lack of it...when my bloods come back with the second HBA1C in a row under 7 with no medication then her argument is lost. The problem is they see chronic pancreatitis as a diagnosis and assume I am diabetic, a more accurate diagnosis might be chronic pain but technically it is pancreatitis but certainly not in the classical sense. Classically you would see major organ impairment and Type 1 Diabetes. I have neither of those things in fact I lack any of the other classic symptoms. Thanks for reading my ramble

Take care

Liz

91d12H11M BWCA?
  •  

LizK

"And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I travelled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way" Frank Sinatra  :icon_ciggy:

I have reached the end of the beginning of my transition. I think its safe to say I have made it to the middle part of my Transition which is not going to be necessarily as long as the first part but that has yet to be ascertained.  This is the last informational post I am making in this thread and will have it locked in about a week. I will be starting a new one for my GCS but there will be no regular update thread like this one.  The new thread  is going to be more specific to Dr Ives and having GCS here in Australia and issues surrounding this rather than a personal thread by me.

There are a couple of reasons for wanting to stop my thread and one of the more important for me is that I was looking through some of my old posts the other day. I noticed something very significant. In the early days of my postings here on Susan's I would post an open topic to which I would receive a wide variety of responses. Some of them from those who had been around here awhile and sharing their knowledge and some from new people giving a totally different perspective. Both sets of replies were important and cherished.  ;)

I have noticed since starting my own thread that the number of people posting is fairly static. I love the interactions I have with each and every one of you but I think for newer members threads like mine can be a bit intimidating. I remember when I first started posting here, I would not have sort out a thread such as mine and posted in it. I want to make myself more available to other opinions and views.

The flip side is that by the time I catch up and comment on the threads that I follow a few hours has gone by easily so I don't tend to make it to the new threads very often and certainly don't speak to the newer members like I did. So for all these reasons and a couple I won't go into publicly this thread is going to finish over the next few days and new more purposeful thread will begin.

Thank you all to those who have participated, thank you all, to those that read but will never post and thank you especially to all those regular contributors because without you then we don't really have an interactive thread. I am truly grateful for all the postings made on my thread, some of which made me laugh, some made me cry, some made me re-think my position and a few even made me angry but they all added to the richness of the thread.

I intend to spend more time posting generally to the board and to all the threads I currently follow...so no I am not going anywhere in the near future  but hoping to be able to interact with more people.  So for the last time on this thread and especially for @jayne01...

87 Days 12 hours 5 minutes but who's counting anyway? (BWCA? ;D)
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Liz, you are making me want to cry. I will truly miss your updates about what is going on in your life. I know you will stick around the forum and post wherever you can, but it won't be the same without a "Liz thread". I respect all your reasons for making the decision to bring this thread to an end. I do agree that very long threads can be intimidating for newcomers to join in.

Please continue to keep in touch. And please keep your countdown going in your new GCS thread. You know how I like to see the days ticking down towards "0". It will be a thread that I will be very interested in, both to follow your GCS progress and also for my own education for when surgery becomes a higher priority for me.

You are a wonderful person. This forum is lucky to have you here.

(((((HUG)))))
Jayne

Quote from: LizK on September 01, 2018, 03:40:37 AM
"And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I travelled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way" Frank Sinatra  :icon_ciggy:

I have reached the end of the beginning of my transition. I think its safe to say I have made it to the middle part of my Transition which is not going to be necessarily as long as the first part but that has yet to be ascertained.  This is the last informational post I am making in this thread and will have it locked in about a week. I will be starting a new one for my GCS but there will be no regular update thread like this one.  The new thread  is going to be more specific to Dr Ives and having GCS here in Australia and issues surrounding this rather than a personal thread by me.

There are a couple of reasons for wanting to stop my thread and one of the more important for me is that I was looking through some of my old posts the other day. I noticed something very significant. In the early days of my postings here on Susan's I would post an open topic to which I would receive a wide variety of responses. Some of them from those who had been around here awhile and sharing their knowledge and some from new people giving a totally different perspective. Both sets of replies were important and cherished.  ;)

I have noticed since starting my own thread that the number of people posting is fairly static. I love the interactions I have with each and every one of you but I think for newer members threads like mine can be a bit intimidating. I remember when I first started posting here, I would not have sort out a thread such as mine and posted in it. I want to make myself more available to other opinions and views.

The flip side is that by the time I catch up and comment on the threads that I follow a few hours has gone by easily so I don't tend to make it to the new threads very often and certainly don't speak to the newer members like I did. So for all these reasons and a couple I won't go into publicly this thread is going to finish over the next few days and new more purposeful thread will begin.

Thank you all to those who have participated, thank you all, to those that read but will never post and thank you especially to all those regular contributors because without you then we don't really have an interactive thread. I am truly grateful for all the postings made on my thread, some of which made me laugh, some made me cry, some made me re-think my position and a few even made me angry but they all added to the richness of the thread.

I intend to spend more time posting generally to the board and to all the threads I currently follow...so no I am not going anywhere in the near future  but hoping to be able to interact with more people.  So for the last time on this thread and especially for @jayne01...

87 Days 12 hours 5 minutes but who's counting anyway? (BWCA? ;D)
  •  

LizK

Thanyou Jayne for your kind words. Please don't be concerned I am not going anywhere and part of this is to be able to participate in more threads. My new thread will be surgery focussed but I am sure the lunacy will continue....[emoji3] I will absolutely do an update but they will be a new thread for each one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Is that the thread holding the surgery together ????? (apologises for my warped humour )   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •