Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

No fishing yet, probably a little later after we get the license for me. We will be walking the little river/ big creek  using rooster tails for white bass, bass, cat fish, gar, perch etc. Pretty much anything that might grace our lures. I know we'll be wet. That's one other the reasons I came out to the last night. It saved having to explain shaved legs in my cutoffs. Wet t-shirt contests came to mind. You can say my transition is going to become apparent.  Oh well.  lol

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

p

I am so glad that your friends were accepting and supportive, Jeanette! Hugs!
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

JeanetteLW

Thanks p, Shy, Kathy and Davina.  Yes, these are real good friends and I needed a success after the less enthusiastic reception  from my daughter.  Got my license tonight and will likely go wading tomorrow.  I'm envisioning a cold and wet outing. Will probably feel like entering a wet t-shirt contest. *sigh*  At least I don't need hide from them now.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

LizK

One more brick removed from your wall...won't be long before its completely gone. Chin up you are doing great. You are allowed to be a "work in progress"

Sounds like you are in for a nice relaxing time.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Floof

I'm so glad to hear they have your back! Couldn't have hoped for a better outcome thats so great.. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your trip

<3
Reisen er lang, hard og full av farer; vær modig mine brødre og søstre <3

SRS w/ Dr. Chet May 12th 2017
  •  

HappyMoni

Fishing? Why I bet you fish like a girl!    Agh.... Awesome! Thinking of you, Miss J.!
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 02, 2017, 01:40:48 AM
Hi everyone

Sorry this update is so late. I made it to Missouri about 10PM tonight local time. Weather was not cooperating at all. Last night I had to turn around in western Colorado twice and retrace my steps due to it snowing so hard I could not see the road right in front of my pickup. I was thwarted first east of Montrose then again north of Delta trying to take a shortcut to I-70. I eventually went all the way back to Grand Junction and then got on I-70 to wards Denver. After losing about 5 hours I made it through the pass and was suddenly driving on thick slush and got road dirt covering my wind shield. The washer unit was frozen and not working. Had to stop twice to clean it enough to get to the next exit and but deicer fluid for it and get it working. The rest of the night and today was driving in snow and rain. Have to replace the driver side wipe now. Today's drive was somewhat of a bust. *sigh*

I made it to my friends house to find them gone to Springfield so I went in and made myself at home. Don't worry they would have hollered at me if I hadn't done so.  They arrived home within an hour and were surprised to find me here. Nope I didn't tell them I was coming. It just would not have been right. Their daughter knew I was going to visit and held keep it a secret

Speaking of secrets.... They now know mine. Yup, I came clean to them tonight. They tell me I can't make them stop loving me after all these years.  SUCCESS !! Yes I've got tears in my eyes again.

I guess it's a new fishing license tomorrow and off to the river with Jim. He says Tuesday is golf.

Hugs,
      Jeanette

Yay! You were due for and deserved that win. Hope you're having fun with what are very obviously, wonderful friends.
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 03, 2017, 07:07:21 PM
Fishing? Why I bet you fish like a girl!    Agh.... Awesome! Thinking of you, Miss J.!
Moni

Hi everyone,

It stopped raining long enough for Jim and I to get out fishing for several hours. 

Moni, I'm not sure what it means to "Fish like a girl' If it means walking the creeks and rivers wading in the water without waders, then yes, I (and Jim) fish like girls though I don't think he would like the description. When Jim and I go fishing it is usually a safe bet that we are coming home soaked.
   I managed to catch 5 small bass ans Jim caught bass, perch, and a crappie. They were all to small to keep and we usually don't keep them anyway. We manage to get home and cleaned up (only found one tick crawling on me this time) in time for Jim, Peggy and their son to get to their bowling league and dinner at the bowling alley.
   A storm blew in while they were bowling and it was pouring down rain with impressive thunder and lightening when we left. Fortunately all the tornado watches were well south of us.. It was hardly raining by the time we got home.
  Will probably heading home on Friday evening or Saturday morning so I can have a day to rest up before going to my therapy appointment on Tuesday. That's the update for today.

Hugs,
    Jeanette

•  

p

Sounds like a fun day of fishing! Enjoy the rest of your visit. Love, P
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

JeanetteLW

Hi everyone,

Well we didn't go fishing yesterday due to the wind blowing quite a bit. I chilled by catching up on the forum after cooking  breakfast again. I am usually pressed into cooking breakfast wherever I visit my friends. They seem to enjoy my cooking. I cook my own breakfast every day at home and post pictures on facebook. If I don't for a couple days then phones start ringing and search parties start forming. This morning I cooked Fried eggs, pork sausage with sauteed mushrooms, fried veggies consisting of taters, 3 color peppers, and onions, with salted tomatoes on the side.
  We took a trip into Springfield for supper at Hinode's on of them Japanese hibachi style dinner places. Steak and salmon was my choice along with fried rice, noodles, and veggies.
  I will start rounding up my things and packing my pickup for the trip home shortly. Once that gets done it'll will be a shower and then my goodbyes before hitting the road again. I hope the weather is better on the way back than it was on the way here. I'll probably stick to the more well traveled roads just in case but may stray if the inclination hits me. After all I don't have any plans at home until Tuesday when I go see my therapist again.  This time I will have my coming out to my daughter and to my friends here to talk about. Two diametrically opposed experiences.

That's about it for this update'

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Tessa James

Hey Girlfriend,

so good to see that you have availed yourself of ongoing support here.  Goodness knows we all need our friends to rally around and you had a too typically negative family response to coming out.  With time and reflection some of our shocked friends and family can regain some composure and compassion but I don't hold my breath waiting ;)

You're missing a terrific storm out here on the Coast :D
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Tessa James on April 07, 2017, 01:04:53 PM
Hey Girlfriend,

so good to see that you have availed yourself of ongoing support here.

You're missing a terrific storm out here on the Coast :D

Yes, Tessa. I am not sure I could really do much of this without the support of everyone here. Good or bad, up or down I come here to share what is happening. It helps both ways.  I left home feeling a bit low and needed a getaway.  It's not the road trip I was planning but it has done the trick. With the response I got from my friends here I am returning in much better spirits.

I have seen a video online of the winds blowing in Mollala and I will probably run into some of your storm leftovers on the way home. Weather was lousy coming out here but is a real nice day now that I have to head home.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

I made it back home again without incident to find my sister not home. Her son called me while I was on the road to tell me she was taken to the hospital Friday with another breathing problem. Word is she may be coming home today. She has asthma and emphysema. Last time she was in for a week and came home permanently on oxygen and with a new nebulizer to use. One of these trips she isn't going to make it.

Also got a rent increase letter $300.00/mo more. Knew this one was coming, just didn't know how much.

Maybe I should have stayed away.
  •  

davina61

Sorry for your sister, that's what killed my dad and its not nice (then my mum says people get what they deserve, no comment!!!! ) . bummer on the rent that's a bag of grocery's a week ?
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JeanetteLW

Thanks Davina, 

Yeah, in a way I have to agree with your mom. My sister has a long history of hospital emergency visits for her breathing issue but she didn't quit smoking until that last visit when she was put on oxygen.  Still she is my sister and I gotta love her anyway.   
   The rent increase is 30%. I should see about moving to Missouri when I can buy a house for 500.00 a month.  Hospitals are keeping me here both mine and my sister's.    If it was just me I probably would move though the VA hospital is about an hour away in Kansas, city.

Hugs,
     Jeanette
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 09, 2017, 01:30:51 PM
  Thanks Davina, 

Yeah, in a way I have to agree with your mom. My sister has a long history of hospital emergency visits for her breathing issue but she didn't quit smoking until that last visit when she was put on oxygen.  Still she is my sister and I gotta love her anyway.   
   The rent increase is 30%. I should see about moving to Missouri when I can buy a house for 500.00 a month.  Hospitals are keeping me here both mine and my sister's.    If it was just me I probably would move though the VA hospital is about an hour away in Kansas, city.

Hugs,
     Jeanette

Be very careful considering moving here to Missouri, Jeanette. Rent and Mortgages may be cheap, but I can't get a Drivers License in My name with my picture till I've had GCS.....Doctor's are generally unsympathetic and you can forget Insurance carriers being of any help. I'm going to have to use a friend's address in Kansas to get a Drivers License and as you can imagine, that creates all kinds of fun logistic issues. The younger generation is good with all, but there's still quite a few narrow minded individuals in this neck of the woods. What you have as advantage one hand, you lose in spades on another.  I can imagine few better places to transition than Oregon.
  •  

SailorMars1994

Quote from: jentay1367 on April 10, 2017, 08:55:04 AM

I can imagine few better places to transition than Oregon.

Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia... too name just a few ;)
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

jentay1367

Let me know when Americans get to come up and do that, Ash. I'll be donning my winter wear and heading north as soon as I can, got a spare room?   L.O.L.   ;)
  •  

SailorMars1994

I would love to see you someday :D!
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

JeanetteLW

Ohhh I'm not going anywhere, or at least not yet. I may have to move to a different place but I do like Oregon. I am close to the VA hospital here and they've been taking pretty good care of me with my cancer worries and mt gender issues so far. My sister is also near hospitals here and getting her to one quickly has been a priority a couple times. She had to be taken to one only a mile away once because the ambulance crew didn't think she would make it to the Kaiser on 15 miles away. So hospitals are a pretty important considerations to us. We even have an SRS doctor in Portland. Oregon is a more trans friendly place than a lot of other places and it isn't likely to change anytime soon with our lesbian Governor.   Rents are getting way out of control though.

Jentay,  Missouri is tempting for fishing and low housing costs. Plus my friends live there. It does tend to get more snow and cold there too.
  Canada wouldn't work Ashley because I would freeze to death the first winter.

On a different note, due to my sister not being home I was able to get up this morning, change out of my nightie and put on my bra, red & black top and slim woman's jeans with sandals, Shaved and put on my wig and earrings then cooked my breakfast.  It feels good to dress properly.

Just being wistful and daydreaming of greener pastures.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •