Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty. Free at last.
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: ElizabethK on April 13, 2017, 04:06:49 AM
Ha Ha Good on you

How does that feel?

Liz
It was a bit scary and I tried to avoid people and didn't look at them or try to see if they were looking at me. I was most fearful that an employee might talk to me.  I did have to walk right past some other shoppers and workers. One guy was checking out a couple of young ladies as they went past him as most guys will. I have no idea if he looked me over as I kept my eyes down.
  There was some relieved feeling... as I headed of the door.  ;D

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Jane Emily on April 13, 2017, 10:12:22 AM
Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty. Free at last.

Free?  petrified is more like it.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: jentay1367 on April 13, 2017, 12:10:15 AM
Awesomeness!  You look fantastic. I'm jealous of those eyes.

Thank you Jen. The eyes are old and droopy.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

theqnoumenon

You look fantastic! Come on girl! ^^
  •  

Cindy

It is 3 am and I'm awake to fill up on pain killers and I see you going out and about.

You superstar girl!!!

Congratulations!

Now, did the sky fall in? Did lightening bolts smite WalMart? Did anyone give you a hard time?

No.

Did you just move your boundaries by miles?

Yes.

Big Hug
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Cindy on April 13, 2017, 12:36:21 PM
It is 3 am and I'm awake to fill up on pain killers and I see you going out and about.

You superstar girl!!!

Congratulations!

Now, did the sky fall in? Did lightening bolts smite WalMart? Did anyone give you a hard time?

No.

Did you just move your boundaries by miles?

Yes.

Big Hug

LOL Cindy. It's you're fault. I could endure your cajoling and had to get it to stop. The sky was dark and cloudy threatening to strike me down at every step but no it wasn't rainy atm nor did I see lightening. I avoided as many people as I could and talked to no one. And bought nothing. Yes, I looked at some things but didn't see anything I wanted. I was executing and assigned mission from some Aussie nut. Thank you.

Did it do me any good? I'm not sure.
  But yeah I survived the ordeal.

Hugs, Cindy go back to bed.
   Jeanette
  •  

Michelle_P

Sometimes I think Cindy's real mission in like is to kick-start the rest of us!  ;)
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

Some times we need a jumpstart to get out of a rut, working myself up to go into town on Sunday and get my ears done , gold studs and whether to paint my nails pink. will be wearing my fem jeans but not worked out a stealth top yet . But well done you looking like that and SMILING I think no one will call you sir
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JeanetteLW

Thank you Davina,

I think you will find a good top for your trip into town.  Ypu'll love your pierced ears once they heal up. You will have so much better choices for earrings to wear from dainty little studs to long or big dangly ones. 

LoL No one will call me sir if I don't let anyone close enough to talk to me.  ;)

You can do this, Davina. Go get them studs!  (earrings I mean)

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 13, 2017, 11:43:58 AM
  Thank you Jen. The eyes are old and droopy.

Hugs,
   Jeanette

No.... they're not, Sweetie. They're expressive and hopeful. You look darling in your new wig and you have a lovely smile. Gotta rock it all. It's all up to us to get to our destination.
      I'm so proud of you for the strides you've made in the last few days. You will own your fear soon and throw it in the garbage where it belongs. I have every faith in you.....hugs...Jen
  •  

Rayna

Jeanette, the new photos are great, and I love the smile.  With the wig and the expression, it really changes your look in a positive way!  I know how hard it can be to smile for a picture (John McCutcheon song: "How to smile for a picture without looking like a dope").  My best method is to think of something ridiculous (like what I'm going to do with this photo when the stupid camera finally focuses and clicks) which causes me to laugh or giggle -- then with luck sometimes that shows up in the photo.

Congrats on your Walmart trip.  See, not so bad, eh?  Now you have to buy something and go to an in-person checker LOL.

Keep up the great work!
Love, Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: RandyL on April 13, 2017, 08:09:52 PM
Jeanette, the new photos are great, and I love the smile....

Congrats on your Walmart trip.  See, not so bad, eh?  Now you have to buy something and go to an in-person checker LOL.

Keep up the great work!
Love, Randy

Thank you Randy for the compliment.

But did you HAVE to add that nonsense about buying something and go through check out? HUH? Didja? Didja? Huh?

(hmmm she didn't say in girl mode....)

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

LizK

Quote from: RandyL on April 13, 2017, 08:09:52 PM

Keep up the great work!
Love, Randy

Love your work Randy....come on Jeanette you can do this...no you don't have to go in girl mode but it would kind of defeat the purpose if you didn't  ;)

You can do it...you have your cheer squad now...I dunno about the short skirt and gymnastics part of it but we are certainly vocal....

Seriously though, I think you did remarkably well. While your confidence is still high I would have another go, the second time is really difficult but so much easier than the first. The first is the tough one...

Well Done

Hugs

Liz 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Shy

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 13, 2017, 08:26:47 PM
Thank you Randy for the compliment.

But did you HAVE to add that nonsense about buying something and go through check out? HUH? Didja? Didja? Huh?

(hmmm she didn't say in girl mode....)

Hugs,
   Jeanette

Get used to using your handbag and purse, it's quite strange at first if you've been used to a wallet and stuffing change in your pockets. The art of the handbag is ancient one that must be honoured and honed to perfection. No fumbling through makeup and tissues to find your purse ;)

So now you've got homework, I'll expect it on my desk in the morning ;)

Seriously you're doing awesome and look amazing, no pressure.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Shy on April 14, 2017, 04:45:36 AM
Get used to using your handbag and purse, it's quite strange at first if you've been used to a wallet and stuffing change in your pockets. The art of the handbag is ancient one that must be honoured and honed to perfection. No fumbling through makeup and tissues to find your purse ;)

Sadie

I used a black material mail bag as my handbag for the first 12 months after coming out. Most people never batted and eyelid because it was black and "looked" like the kind of office type bag...Change the colour and you have a handbag...I only switched to using a "proper" handbag all the time when I went fulltime but by then I had plenty of bag handling practice...during this time I used a Colorado brand ladies purse and that raised a few eyebrows. But it is great...I love my purse...way better than my wallet.

You lose and gain many things during transition but no one usually mentions the loss of pockets...women's clothes don't have pockets...a good handbag is essential...matching shoes is also nice but the budget won't always stretch to both. I have to reluctantly admit I have 3 handbags already and I really do need a better everyday one....

Great challenge

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JeanetteLW

AAAARRRRGGG 

Girl mode and a purse, buying something at a real cashier??? 

Sure, sure, load it up, make it harder why don't you?  It may take awhile....

I do have a purse. 2 of them actually but I don't really like the Laura Scott one. I do like the other one which is a Jaclyn Smith satchel type I think (Kmart special). I used it when I went to that support meeting but carrying it was really awkward and I really don't know what to carry in it. Right now it holds my makeup stash. I need to get a ladies wallet to put in it. My trifold billfold just is NOT feminine.

Thank you all for the encouragement and gentle coercion.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 14, 2017, 01:29:48 PM
Girl mode and a purse buying something at a real cashier??? 
You can do this!  Work up to it if you need to, but it's fun. 

A couple of weeks ago, I had half a day to kill in the city in Kathy mode.  I went window shopping, stopped in a coffee shop for an espresso, and in a bakery for a piece of cake.  The most fun was in the outdoor equipment store, which is a co-op.  I had to give my member number, which the cashier punched into the computer.  She looked up and said, "Ummm...  Keith?"  I had to chuckle and admit that the computer had looked up my account correctly.  (I have since updated their records.)  The point was that it was all fun.  It seems that Kathy is a lot bolder about this kind of thing than Keith ever was.

Quotecarrying it was really awkward and I really don't know what to carry in it.
I have two purses.  I carry a small fake-leather one most of the time.  It is quite feminine, with a fringed tassle on it.  I wear it with the strap over my opposite shoulder for security.  In an inside pocket, I have lipstick, a mirror, and a couple of spare hairpins.  In the main section, I carry my wallet/billfold, a change purse, my cellphone, reading glasses, and a hanky.  Keys are in an outer pocket.

My other purse is black nylon, and is a bit larger and more utilitarian.  It also is an over-the-shoulder type.  It has more room, so on my shopping trip, I was able to carry a knitted hat in the second compartment, since the weather was a bit cold and blustery.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

Purse, glasses, tissues, pen, mints, money, hair clips...still looking....Hmmm maybe I have said enough.

Don't worry over time you find you carry all sorts of stuff...my wife can produce the most amazingly useful items from her bag...I don't know how many times I have heard one of my Daughters say "Hey Mum you wouldn't happen to have a XXX in your bag" Mum rummaging purposefully through her bag "How about this one". Holding up exact item.

Bags and purse management are skill in themselves  ;D

LIz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JeanetteLW

Well, it looks like my sister will be needing a ride home from the hospital tomorrow, Saturday. So all this fun of being Jeanette will of necessity be cut back to normal once again. It was good to wake up in the mornings and change into my proper clothes and be able to wear them most of the day if not all day. I feel sad about returning to the status quo. Someday fairly soon I will have a talk with her and let her know that her brother is one of "those weirdos" and wants to be her sister.  My nephews and a wife of one will have to be told. Doing so is going to set off an avalanche of coming outs to more of the family be they local or far and word will spread from there.  I am not too fond of this idea.
   During this week of fun I accepted Cindy's challenge to get out and go to a store. Her cajoling made me do it as well as a little coercion from several others of you.  Thank you.
   But that wasn't the end of it, was it? No! You terribly pushy people had to go and up the anti didn't you?

Well, tonight, I am the proud owner of a ladies wallet and a cuticle trimming tool.

I sat in my pickup at least 5 minutes watch people, lots of scary people go in and out of the Target store. I didn't take time to take pictures in target tonight. There were more people in there tonight than I would have liked and I sure as heck didn't want to attract attention to myself. It was difficult enough looking through the selection of wallets and picking one to buy then going into the beauty section looking for top and base coat polish. I didn't find those, but I did find the cuticle tool and I can use that. Then it was off to the cashier. I had to wait behind a lady then had some other people get in line behind me. Don't ask me how many, what sex, or if they looked at me. I have no idea. The girl at the register did look at me and smiled. I could swear she was smiling because she clocked me but I don't really know if that was why. More than likely she was just being polite and the rest is my imagination which was running off wild. She said hi and I quietly said hi back. Then it was my turn and the usual questions. Did you find everything already. I think I said yes but not sure. I was busy with my credit card concentrating very hard on the display waiting for something to happen. The display finally gave me a total and asked for my pin #. I put it in, waited for approval, thanked the girl when she gave me my receipt. I did remember to grab my bag as I made my escape out the doors to my pickup.

Mission accomplished... One purchase from a living person in girl mode carrying a purse. 

I did it.  Thank you, you terrible antagonists.

Now I get a reprieve due to my sister coming home and my freedom to do these fun things departs.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •