Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Today I realized I am becoming more comfortable in dressing girly. It is becoming more normal to me. I have been able to spend more time in girl mode since I told my sister Karen. I am truly feeling the freedom to be me. Not quite ready to start going out in the light of day yet though so still changing to boy mode when I have things to do out side.

Tonight I called a girlfriend in Florida. I have known her for 8 - 10 years. Met her playing World of Warcraft back in the Liche King days, so it's been awhile. I have met her in person three times now and have sleep on her couch during 2 visits I made to see her in Fl.  It dawned on me that I had no idea how she would react when I told her about me as we have never had a conversation the even touched on the LGBTQ+ subject.  Tonight I told her and as it turns out I am the first person she knows in that category. After telling her I asked what she thought about it and her answer was that she didn't really know but that she still loves me.
  We talked about it for almost 2 hours and I told her everything she asked about. I even shared several pictures with her. Including what my sexual preferences were. I answered honestly that I had fantasized what being with a man would be like and how it would feel to be with a man as a woman but that to me men are only a means to an end. I like woman still and therefore would be considered a lesbian. We talked about a lot of things and I think she is 100% okay with it.
   I then  chatted with her adult daughter (she has 2) who I chat with a little frequently and told her about myself too, I had to convince her I was not kidding her (I have a reputation...) even after showing her some pictures. She didn't thing the first 2 I sent were actually me. I did finally convince her and like her mom I am the first trans person she has known. She was shocked.  But again it went well.  She suggest we go get our noses pierced next time I come visit because she noticed I already have my ears pierced. (her mom never noticed my ears were pierced and ask me if they were tonight)
  Anyway 2 more people now know. Since I don't have a lot of friends and only 2 more relatives I have to tell I don't have many more to tell personally.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

davina61

Going well then 8)

not long till the make over then ;)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

JeanetteLW

•  

Shy

Great to here you're finding new freedoms Jeanette. Seriously girl, I can't keep up with you anymore.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Shy on April 27, 2017, 03:30:13 PM
Great to here you're finding new freedoms Jeanette. Seriously girl, I can't keep up with you anymore.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

Sure you can Sadie. Here take my hands and we'll walk together one step at a time.

Hugs,
   Jeanette or Laura or possibly Laura Jeanette
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 27, 2017, 01:09:53 AM
  Today I realized I am becoming more comfortable in dressing girly. It is becoming more normal to me. I have been able to spend more time in girl mode since I told my sister Karen. I am truly feeling the freedom to be me. Not quite ready to start going out in the light of day yet though so still changing to boy mode when I have things to do out side.

That is fantastic that you are getting more time to be you and feeling much more comfortable doing it. Don't fall into the trap of putting pressure on yourself to be "girly" all the time...you don't have to be anything anymore...you get to set the rules...

I can see you are not far away from getting itchy feet...that will come soon enough and you won't be worrying about going out because you will be...and after the first few times its gets easier and easier.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

HappyMoni

So, according to the by laws of this thread, does changing your name get you out of makeover harassment duty? I think someone is trying to pull a fast one here ladies.
Moni (Like Connie or Bonnie, Jeanette pronounced Laura  :) )
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: ElizabethK on April 27, 2017, 06:00:50 PM
That is fantastic that you are getting more time to be you and feeling much more comfortable doing it. Don't fall into the trap of putting pressure on yourself to be "girly" all the time...you don't have to be anything anymore...you get to set the rules...

I can see you are not far away from getting itchy feet...that will come soon enough and you won't be worrying about going out because you will be...and after the first few times its gets easier and easier.

Liz

Thanks Liz. Yes it is good to get up and wear what I want until I have to go outside. I won't be running out into that big wide world just yet though. Besides Liz the world isn't ready for me yet!! (I think I got that right)

I had an awkward few moments when my nephew dropped by to see his mom and pick up their mail that's still being delivered here. (He's the one she told the other night) I was in my bedroom ( my cave as my Mom used to called it). It's where I live in the apartment.  Anyway my door was wide open and I felt a moments panic to rush over to shut it. But then I said to myself, he knows already and if he comes in he will see me as I am, (in a dress, sandals, earrings and necklace) he'll just have to get used to it. I am not hiding in my own home from him or his wife. I didn't have to worry as he didn't pop into my room to talk to me. He talked to his mom a few minutes and left.

I get to make the rules? Tell Moni that, I just got done teaching her how her name is pronounced. She was saying it wrong. See that Moni I make the rules, and I say it's Moni as in phony baloney.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am toying with possibly calling myself Laura. I like it and it's a nice dignified name (lmao me dignified? no way!!) If I decide on Laura Jeanette Wxxxxx I can keep my initials. :)  :) :) 8) 8)

Hugs,
   Jeanette or Laura or Laura Jeanette
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 27, 2017, 08:12:33 PM
So, according to the by laws of this thread, does changing your name get you out of makeover harassment duty? I think someone is trying to pull a fast one here ladies.
Moni (Like Connie or Bonnie, Jeanette pronounced Laura  :) )

Thread laws?? What thread laws, Moni (as in balony)? But I do like the escape clause...

Hugs,
   Laura Jeanette or just Laura, maybe Jeanette
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 27, 2017, 09:23:17 PM
  Thread laws?? What thread laws, Moni (as in balony)? But I do like the escape clause...

Hugs,
   Laura Jeanette or just Laura, maybe Jeanette

Well Laura Jeanette or Laura...I think Moni (what has Moni got to say about the pronouncement) is right, however technically it normally only applies to those using the name Laura or a derivative. The rules are quite clear on this...if you change your name from Jeanette to Laura you have to have a makeover...clear as day they are!! Ask Cindy if you don't believe me or Moni (as in boni?) they will both agree with me I am sure.

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: ElizabethK on April 27, 2017, 11:57:29 PM
Well Laura Jeanette or Laura...I think Moni (what has Moni got to say about the pronouncement) is right, however technically it normally only applies to those using the name Laura or a derivative. The rules are quite clear on this...if you change your name from Jeanette to Laura you have to have a makeover...clear as day they are!! Ask Cindy if you don't believe me or Moni (as in honey?) they will both agree with me I am sure.

Liz

That's not quite how I read it...

"according to the by laws of this thread, does changing your name get you out of makeover harassment duty?"

It sound like a free pass to me if I change my moniker to Laura. I'm considering it.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

Michelle_P

Liz has it.  New name, new style.  That's the rule.  We'll just need a letter from the cosmetician verifying the makeover, along with the name information, and we can get cracking on processing it.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

JeanetteLW

That HappyMoni person is in trouble now....

Hugs
  Anonymous
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 27, 2017, 09:20:18 PM
   Thanks Liz. Yes it is good to get up and wear what I want until I have to go outside. I won't be running out into that big wide world just yet though.
   I had an awkward few moments when my nephew dropped by to see his mom and pick up their mail that's still being delivered. (He's the one she told the other night) I was in my bedroom ( my cave as my Mom used to called it. It's where I live in the apartment.  Anyway my door was wide open and I felt a moment to rush over to shut it. But then i said to myself, he knows already and if he come in he will see me as I am, (in a dress , sandals, earrings and necklace) he'll just have to get used to it I am not hiding in my own home from him or his wife. I didn't have to worry as he didn't pop into my room to talk to me. He talked to his mom a few minutes and left.

I get to make the rules? Tell Moni that, I just got done teaching her how her name is pronounced. She was saying it wrong. See that Moni I make the rules, and I say it's Moni as in phony balony.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am toying with possibly calling myself Laura. I like it and it's a nice dignified name (lmao me dignified? no way!!) If I decide on Laura Jeanette Wxxxxx I can keep my initials. :)  :) :) 8) 8)

Besides Liz the world isn't ready for me yet!! (I think I got the right)

Hugs,
   Jeanette or Laura or Laura Jeanette

Look at you getting all brave and leaving the door open...yeah sure you won't be heading out the door soon. I bet a lot sooner than you think at the moment. You did well to leave the door open and not hide...even though he didn't come in it was a victory for your mind set.

I like the combination Laura Jeanette and it works just as well the other way...I have changed my name but not my signature because it is a set of meaningless lines but having the same initials could be advantageous.

As far as "thread rules" go...I don't make them, I only get to enforce them.

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 28, 2017, 12:06:28 AM
Liz has it.  New name, new style.  That's the rule.  We'll just need a letter from the cosmetician verifying the makeover, along with the name information, and we can get cracking on processing it.

Can we have that in triplicate please...Thanks Laura
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JeanetteLW

aaaaaarg MONI!!!!  You're as bad as Cindy for starting trouble! That goes for the rest of you troublemakers.. Liz, Michelle, Rand,Shy, Davina, Sadie.... to name but a few. You know who you are.

Luvs ya all,
  Laura or Jeanette someone
  •  

Janes Groove

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 27, 2017, 09:20:18 PM
   I had an awkward few moments when my nephew dropped by to see his mom and pick up their mail that's still being delivered here. (He's the one she told the other night) I was in my bedroom ( my cave as my Mom used to called it). It's where I live in the apartment.  Anyway my door was wide open and I felt a moments panic to rush over to shut it. But then I said to myself, he knows already and if he comes in he will see me as I am, (in a dress, sandals, earrings and necklace) he'll just have to get used to it. I am not hiding in my own home from him or his wife. I didn't have to worry as he didn't pop into my room to talk to me.

It feels good doesn't it?  Not having to hide anymore?  Does it feel a little bit like you can finally breathe again?
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Michelle_P on April 28, 2017, 12:06:28 AM
We'll just need a letter from the cosmetician verifying the makeover, along with the name information, and we can get cracking on processing it.
Letter?  Heck, no.  Pics or it didn't happen!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Jane Emily on April 28, 2017, 10:06:31 AM
It feels good doesn't it?  Not having to hide anymore?  Does it feel a little bit like you can finally breathe again?

Hi Jane,

I haven't quite gotten to that point yet. With my sister yes. I can breathe! I wear whatever I want to wear now when it is just her and I. We are comfortable around each other now and even talk of girl things at times. I LIKE being able to do that.
   With my nephew it is more of "standing my ground" I am far from comfortable with anyone other than my sister, but I was going to be darned if I was going to hide inside my own apartment when him or his wife come over any more. This is my home. I pay the bills, and if they don't accept me as I am in my own home, they can turn right around and leave.

Hugs, Jane and thank you for being here for me. Thank all of you out there that has taken the time to encourage, joke with, tease and make me feel a part of this community.

Hugs for all,
  Laura or  Jeanette (still not sure)
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: KathyLauren on April 28, 2017, 10:26:14 AM
Letter?  Heck, no.  Pics or it didn't happen!

Kathy!, Dang you ladies and your need for proof.

Someday maybe...

Hugs,
Laura, Jeanette, whoevea!
  •